Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft, prospects to keep an eye on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say just look at Denver when Gase was there. Its about being explosive as possible a TE that can threaten the middle of the field keeps the safeties engage and dictates one one cover on the outside the majority of the time. It also helps in the run game no safety in the box. So its not just another tool its the missing component to this offense. There is a reason they signed Cameron in hopes he was the answer.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, here is the list of free agents. The Phins will have 40 mil in cap space.

Dion Sims, TE He made 1.67 mil this season. Seeing as the rest of the TE's on the roster are limited, Sims needs to be resigned. He will probably want 3 mil a year, based on his production this year.

John Denny, LS. Unless the Phins can find an undrafted free agent, Denny needs to be signed. I can't remember a single bad snap from him, ever. He made 1.2 mil, and that seems reasonable going forward.

Spencer Paysinger, LB. He made 840k this year. Seeing as he is a core special teams player, there might be some teams wanting to sign him. As a LB, he is too slow to be a starter, so I say to let him walk. We will draft some LB's anyway.

Andre Branch, DE. He made 2.75 mil this year, but after a good season, he will be a hot commodity in free agency. It's going to cost at least 6 mil a year to retain him, if there are allot of guarantees and a long contract. If the Phins want a short term deal, your looking at 8 mil a season at a minimum. I want to keep him, as he is young and already knows the system. Wake may only have a year left.

Kenny Stills, WR. He made 1.67 mil this year. He needs to be resigned as he is the only real deep threat WR we have. He gets open all of the time, and if Tannehill wasn't so reluctant to throw the deep ball, he would have much higher numbers. He is going to want 5 mil a year.

Jelani Jenkins, LB. He earned 1.6 mil. Just based on production, he would be paid 3 mil a season. However because of the horrible LB play across the NFL, there are plenty of teams with lots of money that will probably be interest in his services. He doesn't have good instincts, but he is quick and plays decently.

Jordan Cameron, TE. He made 3.5 mil, but at this point, it don't think he has much hope of continuing his career with another team. The Phins might resign him for the veteran minimum, to see if he can come back.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have any big issues with retaining Andre Branch. Of course he will cost more, but I'm sure we will cut Mario Williams which will free up some cap room in the DE position.

The big mystery to me at the DE position is wtf are we doing with Dion Jordan.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
I wouldn't have any big issues with retaining Andre Branch. Of course he will cost more, but I'm sure we will cut Mario Williams which will free up some cap room in the DE position.

I agree with most of the above except for re-signing Cameron.

Branch is a *decent* starter but his bursts of flashy pass rushing helps mask his average edge-setting. I do not think he will be expensive and if I were TannenGrier I would offer him a multi-year deal while still investing high draft picks into the DL.

Jordan is under contract through 2017, so he'll be given a chance in training camp to make the team. Not sure if he'll ever regain his strength / explosiveness after being out of football for so long.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
green4gulf wrote:

I agree with most of the above except for re-signing Cameron.

Branch is a *decent* starter but his bursts of flashy pass rushing helps mask his average edge-setting. I do not think he will be expensive and if I were TannenGrier I would offer him a multi-year deal while still investing high draft picks into the DL.

Jordan is under contract through 2017, so he'll be given a chance in training camp to make the team. Not sure if he'll ever regain his strength / explosiveness after being out of football for so long.

I don't want to resign Cameron, but from what I have heard, he may be given a shot at the Vet minimum. I would like to see Duarte activated the last 2 games, to see what he can do against NFL talent. The kid is quick as all get out and has great hands. He also is a great route runner. His problem is that he is a RB playing TE. At 6-2 231 he just doesn't have the size to play TE, and he doesn't have the speed to play RB. For some reason, Gase added him to the active roster, which I think that they were worried about him being poached by another team. The OC was asked about him a couple of weeks ago, and said that he had to learn how the block and is way behind in his development. Well then put him in the slot.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Njoku declared for the draft. Want.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:

Give me him in the second round if he is still there. Him or OJ Howard would both be major upgrades for this offense and create mismatches all over the field.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another name to keep an eye on is Howard Wilson, CB, Houston he's kinda light in the butt at 6-1 185 but he has a really good skill set. Plays the ball well in zone and man plus he isnt afraid to tackle. He is on my wish list
hrubes20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
Another name to keep an eye on is Howard Wilson, CB, Houston he's kinda light in the butt at 6-1 185 but he has a really good skill set. Plays the ball well in zone and man plus he isnt afraid to tackle. He is on my wish list

Saw a scout's blurb on this guy that he was essentially a more raw William Jackson III. Could have been a lazy comp to a former UH corner, but from what I've seen, it works. Should be available in the middle rounds and would be a solid addition with upside.

green4gulf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
hrubes20 wrote:

Give me him in the second round if he is still there. Him or OJ Howard would both be major upgrades for this offense and create mismatches all over the field.

Njoku in the 2nd would be a great pick........I think he will be gone at the top of round 2 ( he would be a top 20 pick most years ) but it is a deep and talented TE draft which means it could play out that he's still available for us.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQmDUGLBhU8
Daryl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to add Njoku in the 2nd he is a game changer. I know we need Defense but you dont pass up on good players especially at positions of need. I'm hoping we can land him and a LB/DE in the first. The rest should be on Defense but first we will need to add some interior linemen via FA
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah
Quote:
This draft has the deepest/most talented group of CBs I've seen in several years. Also, loaded with edge rushers, safeties, RBs and TEs.

For the first time in like 5 years, the draft's strenghts actually matches with our needs. Exciting!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah now we have to keep our fingers crossed TanneBUM doesn't screw it up

Last edited by Daryl on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
indigo_rex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass rusher and LB are the two positions that require the most investment for Miami. Given the strength of the draft, I'd be just a little furious if the team doesn't address those two needs in the first three rounds.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indigo_rex wrote:
Pass rusher and LB are the two positions that require the most investment for Miami. Given the strength of the draft, I'd be just a little furious if the team doesn't address those two needs in the first three rounds.

Same. The other round can be a TE/CB/OG.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: