Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft, prospects to keep an eye on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiaDolphan13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my top 5 realistic choices in order:

Zach Cunnningham
Jabril Peppers
Hassan Reddick
Forrest Lamp
Taco Charlton

If we land one these 5 in round 1 I'll be ecstatic.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MiaDolphan13 wrote:
Here are my top 5 realistic choices in order:

Zach Cunnningham
Jabril Peppers
Hassan Reddick
Forrest Lamp
Taco Charlton

If we land one these 5 in round 1 I'll be ecstatic.

Cunningham is a reach at 22 IMO.
I could see going with Peppers over Reddick, except Peppers isn't a great cover guy for a Safety.
Charlton is being mocked all over the 1st round, but his inconsistency is a big concern for me.

right now my top 5 realistic picks in order are:

Derek Barnett
Haasan Reddick
Forest Lamp
Jabril Peppers
Taco Charlton
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conditions may be ripe for a trade back.
durreli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rgossett07 wrote:
durreli wrote:
Your score is: 12144 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29 (G.B.): Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (B+)
Round 2 Pick 22: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan (B+)
Round 2 Pick 29 (G.B.): Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A-)
Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A-)
Round 5 Pick 22: Sean Harlow, OG, Oregon State (A)
Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Keionta Davis, DE, Chattanooga (A-)
Round 5 Pick 40 (COMP): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A-)
Round 7 Pick 5: Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (A)

Went Cb in second rd with the thinking of upgrading our slot corner. Not to high on McCain. Also selected TE in 3rd to redshirt him. Then take over following year with Fasano on one yr deal and J. Thomas injury history

Did I miss something? Are you proposing a trade with GB for them to move up to 22 in 1st and we get their 1/29 and 2/29?

Yes sir
durreli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamp
Reddick
Jarrad Davis
Taco
Brantley
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:
Lamp
Reddick
Jarrad Davis
Taco
Brantley

Drop Taco for Barnett, unless you feel Barnett is gone before we pick (probable), and I like this draft priority.
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:
Lamp
Reddick
Jarrad Davis
Taco
Brantley

I can get on board with the top 3. I've really warmed on Davis as this offseason has gone on, and I've been able to look at him more. I still really like Cunningham's overall game, and he's about even with Davis for me. Taco wouldn't make me pull my hair out, but I would much prefer others. I know we need depth at DT and someone to keep Phillips motivated, but I wouldn't like a Brantley pick.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
durreli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have like Barnett over Taco. Just dont see him available for us. Feel like TE could be a big need for us. Fasano on one yr dear and not getting younger. And never know if Julius Thomas can stay healthy for the year as well
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:
Would have like Barnett over Taco. Just dont see him available for us. Feel like TE could be a big need for us. Fasano on one yr dear and not getting younger. And never know if Julius Thomas can stay healthy for the year as well

Ya, I doubt Barnett will be there at 22, but it's possible. I would pick Barnett over Taco and Solomon Thomas, but that's not the case in most of the recent mocks I see.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard a report that said the Dolphins should draft Obi Melifonwu.

We haven't really discussed Obi that much. At 6-4 220 lbs, he is a monster at S. He ran a 4.4 so he has the speed to keep up with anyone. He also posted a 44 inch vert. I know that some big safeties haven't worked out like Taylor Mays, but if Obi could play on the Dolphins like he played in college, it would make a huge improvement on defense.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
I just heard a report that said the Dolphins should draft Obi Melifonwu.

We haven't really discussed Obi that much. At 6-4 220 lbs, he is a monster at S. He ran a 4.4 so he has the speed to keep up with anyone. He also posted a 44 inch vert. I know that some big safeties haven't worked out like Taylor Mays, but if Obi could play on the Dolphins like he played in college, it would make a huge improvement on defense.

I think there's a reason why we haven't discussed Obi that much: I'm not sure if he and R. Jones can co-exist. They're both guys you ideally don't want playing the deep part of the field. (I'm assuming Jones has lost half a step)
durreli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Dolphins have spent time with S Jabril Peppers, LB Hasson Reddick, LB Zach Cunningham, DE Taco Charlton. #DraftTalk
green4gulf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

durreli wrote:
#Dolphins have spent time with S Jabril Peppers, LB Hasson Reddick, LB Zach Cunningham, DE Taco Charlton. #DraftTalk

Out of that group I'm hoping for Reddick or Peppers, but I do have some concern about Peppers coverage skills. No doubt, both of these guys are big time athletes.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Peppers at all, he is a SS only. I know he ran a 4.4 at the combine, but he doesn't play that fast on the field. His scouting reports all say the same thing, that he is a jack of all, master of none. He also has terrible ball skills, in his entire career, he had 1 int and 10 deflections. Even for a LB that is poor production. So it boils down to the fact that he is an in the box, run support SS that has trouble playing the ball once it is in the air. Also at 5-11 with 30 inch arms, and a 35 inch vert, he is susceptible to throws over the top. Imagine him covering Gronk one on one.

Here is his draft breakdown from NFL.com.

Bottom Line The ultimate Swiss Army Knife on the collegiate level, and will likely play a hybrid role on the next level that allows him to blitz, cover and chase, Peppers' draft value will be helped by his return ability and that is a role he should maintain throughout the earlier stages of his career. While Peppers doesn't have the production teams expect from first-round defenders, he should benefit from a role that is more clearly defined on the next level.

I really don't want a project for our 1st round pick. At least Obi has elite size, and great ball skills. Obi would be evenly matched against Gronk. Again I really don't want a S in the first, but if we do draft one, I would prefer Obi over Peppers.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
durreli wrote:

Out of that group I'm hoping for Reddick or Peppers, but I do have some concern about Peppers coverage skills. No doubt, both of these guys are big time athletes.

I have a feeling the Reddick and Cunningham will be off the board when we pick. Reddick right now is being considered as the best LB in this class, due to Foster's meltdown at he combine. And unlike Foster, both Reddick and Cunningham have the size to play LB in the NFL, Foster is a bit thin in my opinion. This is the reason that I have really taken a look at players like T.J.Watt, Forrest Lamp, Obi, and Jarrad Davis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: