Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Saints (5-7) @ Bucs (7-5)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Week 14: Saints (5-7) @ Bucs (7-5) Reply with quote

We're rolling on a win streak heading into December for the first time in a LONG time. I think this will be a big game from Jameis and a potential shoot out if we can't get after Brees.

Saints usually play us tough so I expect a tough NFC South dogfight. I'm feeling confident about this one, then again we're most likely going to be out with Humphries. Charles Sims will be back, maybe we'll see him line up at WR some?
nathan004

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty hard not to be confident going against almost any opponent at this point. Now playing the Saints, who we usually either play hard or roll over against (split series expected almost every year) and this has been with a usually suspect Bucs team. Now we appear to have a legitimate Defense to play against the HoF QB Brees.

Key to this game will be pressure up front. Brees is the master of getting the quick ball off, but he also is known for being too quick and making mistakes. Ingram will be a force and I think we need to watch out for passes that are 5-10 yards just as much as those that are 20+.

Injuries are back though. This is concerning. Gholston, Shorts, Humphries, Martin. All key guys to their respective positions. Yet another week of next man up, but thankfully we have been able to overcome injuries in recent games.

Momentum is on our side but I never rule out Brees in a division match. should be a close one.[/u]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
I think it's pretty hard not to be confident going against almost any opponent at this point. Now playing the Saints, who we usually either play hard or roll over against (split series expected almost every year) and this has been with a usually suspect Bucs team. Now we appear to have a legitimate Defense to play against the HoF QB Brees.

Key to this game will be pressure up front. Brees is the master of getting the quick ball off, but he also is known for being too quick and making mistakes. Ingram will be a force and I think we need to watch out for passes that are 5-10 yards just as much as those that are 20+.

Injuries are back though. This is concerning. Gholston, Shorts, Humphries, Martin. All key guys to their respective positions. Yet another week of next man up, but thankfully we have been able to overcome injuries in recent games.

Momentum is on our side but I never rule out Brees in a division match. should be a close one.[/u]
I just hope we don't line Verner up on Cook because that is 6 points. And yes, even with a safety back. They have good receivers and if the pass rush doesn't dominate I expect a tight game with turnovers or missed opportunities being the deciding factor.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the the #1 offense in the league yards wise and the #2 offense points per game wise.

Brees is the NFL's passing leader and has held that title for some weeks.

This will NOT be an easy game. If you guys haven't kept up with them, Brandin Cooks is good but is NOT their best guy. They found a revival of Marrques Colston in their rookie Micheal Thomas who leads all rookies in receiving yards and will probably end the season with 1200 yards.

Brandin Coleman and Willie Snead are good too.
Mark Ingram is probably going to have his first 1000 yard season this year.
Their offense is firing on all cylinders.

On defense, once again if you have not paid attention to them then you probably don't know that just like us, their defense has stiffened up and has been improving. Weeks 1-8ish they were dead last in all categories from yards given up to points given up.

During that Denver game where they got robbed, their defense starting improving a lot. Since then they have done a ton better.
We are more than capable of beating them IF we do what we've been doing the past 4 weeks. But if anyone thinks this is an "easy" game, then you're mistaken. This will be just as hard, if not harder than the past 3 games.

Vegas has us as 2.5 point favorites.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our streak is gonna end eventually. But not in this one.

Saints 24
Bucs 34
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Thomas is having a great rookie season. I don't know why he isn't being talked about more.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2016/12/dotson-out/#more-170208

Dotson is listed as out with a concussion, so it looks like Cherilus will be starting.

If Cherilus steps up, I don't know if Dotson gets his job back.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs defense has to have a good day against the right side of the Saints oline. Streif and Evans have been there a long time and I hope they can get around them at critical times during the game. The Lions played a lot of zone and got very good pressure on Brees throughout the game. When Brees checks the ball down, they have to get the runner down immediately and not give up extra yardage.

On offense, if the oline can give at least decent protection, I think Winston will find the open guy. He is evolving into the type of QB that he can make any WR option look competent. Freddie Martino anyone.

They're a very confident team on both sides of the ball right now. I don't see complacency setting in for this team any time soon. If it would have shown up, the Chargers game was where they would have come out flat. The Saints can certainly win this game, but this is the game last year that sunk their season. Most of the roster is back from that game, I expect the Bucs to be very ready for this game.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:

Dotson is listed as out with a concussion, so it looks like Cherilus will be starting.

Oh god no. Gosder has been awful this year and is a UFA after this year. Dotson has been bad this year but Cherlius in limited action has been just as bad. I'll say the run blocking will improve a little bit more but Dotson despite having a bad season is the way better pass blocker.
nathan004

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

Oh god no. Gosder has been awful this year and is a UFA after this year. Dotson has been bad this year but Cherlius in limited action has been just as bad. I'll say the run blocking will improve a little bit more but Dotson despite having a bad season is the way better pass blocker.

I was thinking the same thing. While Dotson has been okay at times, overall he is just not that good. Cherilus, is much, MUCH worse than Dotson. He is a penalty machine and is terrible in pass pro. I am half serious when I say give Benonoch the start. I can only hope that the turn around this team has experienced the pass few weeks has also affected Cherilus as well because Cam Joran is going to feast on Sunday if not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter if we start Dotson or Cherilus. Stocker will be blocking Cam Jordan. Laughing
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetter calls a decent amount of max protects and chip blocks to help the tackles anyway, I'm sure he'll do the same with Cherilus. The interior of the line has to hold up to let Cherilus keep his man wide and allow Jameis to step up.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a big test. Must win for any tie breaker instances of it comes down to the division.

I've been impressed with how this YOUNG team has rebounded mentally. The talent is there. But they are playing above their experience right now. I thought this team was folding. For critical I have been about Winstons inconsistent play, he's been awesome lately and his consistency has played a huge part. Not to mention his leadership ability.

Defensively we need to force some TOs. But outside the dome, I think we can limit the saints offense.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this weekend is the changing of the guard. Brees has been THE guy at QB in our division the last decade. While Cam and Ryan have had their bright spots I think all of us can definitively say that Brees has been the top guy. I feel like Jameis can steal the crown in a hurry and that begins this weekend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Still no Demar Dotson (concussion), Luke Stocker (ankle), Chris Conte (chest) at practice today, so thinking they're out Sunday vs. Saints

Damn. So it WILL be Cherilus vs Cam Jordan. Confused

Quote:
Bucs are listing DT Gerald McCoy and backup OL Evan Smith as questionable for Sunday vs. Saints. McCoy fully expected to play ...

Hump has been ruled out with a concussion. One good thing is Huff being added to the roster. We finally have a legit KR (27 yard avg., and a KR TD for his career). Time for Shep and Martino to step up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: