Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BOB's Leash
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 15256
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: BOB's Leash Reply with quote

How long is his leash?

If we were to go 6-10 does he get fired?
More than likely 7-9 is our floor, does that end him?

When McNair fired Kubiak he said we were close to being a championship team. He wanted to hit the ground running. we had back to back 9-7 records, with a division title and playoff game in the 2nd season.

There were rumors going around that BOB was on the hot seat last year and we turned it around and made the playoffs.

If we regress with all the money we invested this season, does that get BOB canned?

I guess we can always blame stuff on losing JJ Watt. Its true if we had him and our secondary stayed healthy we could have the best D in football, which would make up for a lot, but still

it should be playoffs or fire for BOB.

At this point we could still finish 6-10 and get the 10-12th pick in the draft

I am not sure who we would pick with that, Maybe a Watson at QB if he is there
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14966
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to say, but if losing the rest of the way insured BoB being fired, I am all for it. To make the playoffs just to be bounced like last year is painful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dsorc


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 2696
Location: Indiana
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he does not get evaluated until next year. The problem with firing BoB this year is Osweiller's contract is unmovable this offsseason. Hard to get a new coach when they would be saddled with that mess. However, I think it is possible for O'Brien to be gone mid-season next year and then have Crenell finish the year.

I also think the injuries do not buy O'Brien any help. The big losses have been on the defense which has played well enough to win. Losing Watt does not impact our offense being one of the worsts in the league. We have yet to have gotten a good offense out of O'Brien even though that was supposed to be his strength.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 15256
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock will be on the roster next season without a doubt, but if we bring in a new coach and draft a rookie, we can sit the rookie for the start of the season and play brock until the new guy is ready, or simply start the rookie. A rookie on a rookie scale deal starting at QB makes paying Brock a bunch to sit the bench not look so bad. If you just consider positional spending we wouldnt be in bad shape elsewhere on the roster.

Now signing a QB in free agency is out of the question this off season.
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
OzzyTexan


Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 37
Location: Brisbane, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think BoB gets at least one more season with Brock. I don't like it, but thats what I think happens. McNair often talks about stability within an organization so I don't think the sky is falling like some other fans. However, I am frustrated as well. Its likely we finish with the last ranked passing offense in the league and I feel like something has to change... In my opinion it is in BoB best interest to bring in a new OC and let him run the offense. Godsey is not the answer. For example bring in a Norv Turner type and let him run the offense. Thats what I think needs to happen for this team to take the next step.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14966
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OzzyTexan wrote:
I think BoB gets at least one more season with Brock. I don't like it, but thats what I think happens. McNair often talks about stability within an organization so I don't think the sky is falling like some other fans. However, I am frustrated as well. Its likely we finish with the last ranked passing offense in the league and I feel like something has to change... In my opinion it is in BoB best interest to bring in a new OC and let him run the offense. Godsey is not the answer. For example bring in a Norv Turner type and let him run the offense. Thats what I think needs to happen for this team to take the next step.


BOB has shown his ego is put above all else. There is no way he hires someone else to run HIS offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OzzyTexan


Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 37
Location: Brisbane, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre: completely agree. I think he is trying to fit players into his system. But i think that would make a big difference to the success of the offense. I think the best HC delegate tasks. But as a fan I want to know whats will change from this year to next year. Past BoB offseason he has made big changes, so I'm interested to see what he changes about a pathetic passing game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolf6151


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 3021
Location: Pearland, Texas
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OzzyTexan wrote:
amazingandre: completely agree. I think he is trying to fit players into his system. But i think that would make a big difference to the success of the offense. I think the best HC delegate tasks. But as a fan I want to know whats will change from this year to next year. Past BoB offseason he has made big changes, so I'm interested to see what he changes about a pathetic passing game.


Hopefully a 1st round OT, a 2nd round athletic TE, and then a 5th round quality depth at OT/OG. Hopefully Osweiller gets some immersion training in this offense as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texansfan713


Joined: 24 Dec 2009
Posts: 42550
Location: Htowntakever
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we miss the playoffs I want him fired because expectations this season were supposed to be high, but knowing McNair he wont do it. Maybe next season when we miss the playoffs he will do it and let Osweiler go so the new HC can start fresh.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 15256
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst part of all of this, we are still set up worse than the Titans going forward.

Look at what the Titans have done. They have a young improving offensive line. Murray and Henry setting them up at RB. A long term answer at QB in Mariota.

and they have 2 picks coming up in the first round this year, one of which is the Rams, currently the 5th overall pick, and could sink to 3rd or 4th. Imagine winning the Division, making the playoffs with a young offense ready to go and getting a top 5 pick.

it took them years, but i think the Titans will dominate the division for years if we dont get our act together. We are becoming an aging team quickly because despite building a great roster, we never addressed the QB issue
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PAtexansFAN99


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 4780
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think OB is even close to getting himself fired. He'd be snatched up by another team immediately, and they'd be right to do so. Remember when we first got Kubiak and Wali Lundy was the starting RB? Remember how long it took to establish ourselves as an effective, run first offense. Remember Ahman Green?? Now, Kubiak just won a Superbowl, with the EXACT same coaching staff he had here.. his FIRST year as HC in Denver. Isn't anybody thinking, like, maybe we shouldn't have fired that guy? All those guys?

OBs mentality has brought us physically dominating presences such as XSF, Fiedorowicz. Prosch. These guys are kicking somebody's [inappropriate/removed] on a regular basis, and everyone knows we're gonna do it, but we still do it cuz [inappropriate/removed] you that's why. Let's [inappropriate/removed] go!@ I love it. Osweiler sort of sucks, but anyone who doesn't think he's a ginormous upgrade over Brian Hoyer,, like seriously? If money were no object, would anyone here trade Osweiler for Hoyer right now? No. No you wouldn't. Because of all the guys OB has marched out there to point their fingers and wave their arms around checking and audibling every play, Osweiler has probably handled it best. I feel like the offense is relatively oriented and pointed in the right direction on every single play. And he's tough, he's been taking some shots. Putting the team on his back on some of those runs.

And OB is just getting warmed up with this guy. And Watts gonna be back. AND for the first time in Texans history in which the Texans swept the Colts (including the Dorlovsky 2-14 season). We OWN this division now. Any one of those teams would hire OB given the opportunity. He probably wouldn't be interested. Rams, Niners, Chargers, Bills.. They'd all be begging OB to sign on too. Gotta know when to hold em, when to fold em. OB ain't going nowhere.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 15256
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
I don't think OB is even close to getting himself fired. He'd be snatched up by another team immediately, and they'd be right to do so. Remember when we first got Kubiak and Wali Lundy was the starting RB? Remember how long it took to establish ourselves as an effective, run first offense. Remember Ahman Green?? Now, Kubiak just won a Superbowl, with the EXACT same coaching staff he had here.. his FIRST year as HC in Denver. Isn't anybody thinking, like, maybe we shouldn't have fired that guy? All those guys?

OBs mentality has brought us physically dominating presences such as XSF, Fiedorowicz. Prosch. These guys are kicking somebody's [inappropriate/removed] on a regular basis, and everyone knows we're gonna do it, but we still do it cuz [inappropriate/removed] you that's why. Let's [inappropriate/removed] go!@ I love it. Osweiler sort of sucks, but anyone who doesn't think he's a ginormous upgrade over Brian Hoyer,, like seriously? If money were no object, would anyone here trade Osweiler for Hoyer right now? No. No you wouldn't. Because of all the guys OB has marched out there to point their fingers and wave their arms around checking and audibling every play, Osweiler has probably handled it best. I feel like the offense is relatively oriented and pointed in the right direction on every single play. And he's tough, he's been taking some shots. Putting the team on his back on some of those runs.

And OB is just getting warmed up with this guy. And Watts gonna be back. AND for the first time in Texans history in which the Texans swept the Colts (including the Dorlovsky 2-14 season). We OWN this division now. Any one of those teams would hire OB given the opportunity. He probably wouldn't be interested. Rams, Niners, Chargers, Bills.. They'd all be begging OB to sign on too. Gotta know when to hold em, when to fold em. OB ain't going nowhere.


The colts arent our biggest problem in the division, the titans are, and they are quite possibly going to steal it from us this season, and I would call them and not us the favorites next year.

Kubik should still be a Texan, but we had to fire him the way that things went down his last year with the team.

As for BOB, hes terrible. The lockeroom is worse with him, the players dont respond to him. The reports last year were that BOB coached them like they were college students.

If we were to fall apart and go 7-9, he might survive. I think worse case for him would be going 8-8, winning the division and another embarrassing loss at home in the first round.
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 6494
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
I don't think OB is even close to getting himself fired. He'd be snatched up by another team immediately, and they'd be right to do so. Remember when we first got Kubiak and Wali Lundy was the starting RB? Remember how long it took to establish ourselves as an effective, run first offense. Remember Ahman Green?? Now, Kubiak just won a Superbowl, with the EXACT same coaching staff he had here.. his FIRST year as HC in Denver. Isn't anybody thinking, like, maybe we shouldn't have fired that guy? All those guys?

OBs mentality has brought us physically dominating presences such as XSF, Fiedorowicz. Prosch. These guys are kicking somebody's [inappropriate/removed] on a regular basis, and everyone knows we're gonna do it, but we still do it cuz [inappropriate/removed] you that's why. Let's [inappropriate/removed] go!@ I love it. Osweiler sort of sucks, but anyone who doesn't think he's a ginormous upgrade over Brian Hoyer,, like seriously? If money were no object, would anyone here trade Osweiler for Hoyer right now? No. No you wouldn't. Because of all the guys OB has marched out there to point their fingers and wave their arms around checking and audibling every play, Osweiler has probably handled it best. I feel like the offense is relatively oriented and pointed in the right direction on every single play. And he's tough, he's been taking some shots. Putting the team on his back on some of those runs.

And OB is just getting warmed up with this guy. And Watts gonna be back. AND for the first time in Texans history in which the Texans swept the Colts (including the Dorlovsky 2-14 season). We OWN this division now. Any one of those teams would hire OB given the opportunity. He probably wouldn't be interested. Rams, Niners, Chargers, Bills.. They'd all be begging OB to sign on too. Gotta know when to hold em, when to fold em. OB ain't going nowhere.


Um - won a Super Bowl with a defense & Peyton Manning. Have you taken a look at his offense this year? Worst Rushing offense in the AFC. Wasted season on garbage low rent QB who is "his guy" in Simien vs. Qb with an actual NFL skillset on bench. Can't develop CJ Anderson or Booker, so back into his comfort zone with low rent Forsett. Zero production from slot. 3rd worst red zone offense in AFC.
_________________


Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PAtexansFAN99


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 4780
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're 8-5, and it's Trevor Siemian's first year starting, and their OL is quite bad. They're currently slated to make the playoffs, following their superbowl victory, as in I wouldn't be overly shocked if their defense decides to make another run.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Apollo Stallion


Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Posts: 6494
Location: Austin, TX
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
They're 8-5, and it's Trevor Siemian's first year starting, and their OL is quite bad. They're currently slated to make the playoffs, following their superbowl victory, as in I wouldn't be overly shocked if their defense decides to make another run.


They are NOT making the playoffs and you would be hard pressed to find a situation where the Head Coach is more directly to blame.

1) Last week he tried to kick a 62 yard field goal in overtime which handed the ball and the division to his opponent who then needed just 15 yards to get into FG range themselves for the win. 6 FG's in NFL history of 62 yards or more and he thinks taking 9% odds is better than going for it or punting and trusting his top 3 defense. This is the same idiot who cost us a playoff birth choosing to run out the clock and "center the kick" for Kris Brown who had already shanked several in a row as he did on this 49 yarder that wasn't even close.

2) This week was perhaps the most "Kubiakian" loss ever. First off, he remains absolutely clueless on special teams as he runs serial punt muffer Jordan Norwood out there despite again fumbling away the first punt of the game and then finishing off their chances with a 2nd fumble. JACOBY JONES anyone???

More horrendously though, this offensive guru chooses to burn off 1:20 at the end of the half and leave all 3 time outs in his pocket AT HOME instead of mounting a drive to try to tie the game going into the half. It was full "Buddy Ryan punches Kevin Gilbride" offensive stupidity that had his players brawling in the locker room after the game as the defense shut down Tom Brady for the most part and Kubiak and his offense pretty much just took a knee and gave up.

BTW - Choosing to start 7th round scrap like Trevor Simeon is part of Kubiak's low talent backup QB DNA that had us stick with Schaub and draft only TJ Yates and Alex Brink during his tenure because we wouldn't want to threaten his fragile ego. They were gifted Paxton Lynch and Kubiak CHOSE to go with another limp noodle who was barely good enough to crack the lineup at friggin Northwestern and just like all the seasons that slipped away on us, Kubiak has left too many points and drives slip away and now he's stuck with a QB that two weeks in a row he's chosen to just give up rather than try to win with him.

Unlike Texans fans, Broncos fans are smart enough to know that a winning record doesn't mean the coach is doing his job well and they ran John Fox out of town for less than what Kubiak has already done this season. Kubiak's Super Bowl Ring is going to go down as a Barry Switzer, Brian Billick level fluke built upon the success of players he had nothing to do with and a side of the ball he wasn't allowed to touch. Elway will let him leave with dignity for "family" or "health" reasons next year, but that ship is sinking fast and Kubiak is playing the violin on the deck.
_________________


Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group