Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT: 7-5 Ravens At 10-2 Patriots MNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I still stand by if it was something substantial then it would be happening more often. If other teams start trying to Polamalu over the long snapper on a consistent basis then maybe there's something to it. Otherwise... eh.

I don't necessarily think so. The jump itself is a very, very risky play. If they touch literally any player on the way it's a penalty. Not to mention the athleticism needed on top of the perfect timing to not be offsides. I think many teams would rather take their chances on one of the edge guys getting there or someone getting a hand on it than hoping they can pull this off perfectly.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
I hate this offensive system we run. The "throw the ball within 2 seconds or else" crap that results in just check down after check down.

A great QB can handle that type of offense. Flacco is not that. This kind of offense relies on consistently marching down the field slow and steady. Our weapons and our QB don't fit that bill.

And yeah, I still hate Pees' defense, but there's no chance we let him go within even the next 2 years. Our best hope is that some team wants to look at him as a HC which is a pipe dream itself.

I miss the Kubiak run-to-PA-pass offense so much. Flacco seems at his best on those intermediate routes. I'm with you on the quick passes and lack of runs.

With Kubiak, we saw exactly what kind of offense Flacco works well in. We haven't taken in an OC since who run that sort of offense. I don't get it.

We've only hired one OC since then. Morniwheg was the QB coach and only promoted bc of Trestman being fired. I remember Trestman saying he was going to run the same offense. When push came to shove, he simply didn't, at least regarding play calling.

Are there any Kubiak disciples out there that would be available? Or, can we possibly hope that the Broncos lose their collective minds and fire Kubiak himself? http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/14/broncos-mailbag-fire-gary-kubiak/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Danand wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
I hate this offensive system we run. The "throw the ball within 2 seconds or else" crap that results in just check down after check down.

A great QB can handle that type of offense. Flacco is not that. This kind of offense relies on consistently marching down the field slow and steady. Our weapons and our QB don't fit that bill.

And yeah, I still hate Pees' defense, but there's no chance we let him go within even the next 2 years. Our best hope is that some team wants to look at him as a HC which is a pipe dream itself.

I miss the Kubiak run-to-PA-pass offense so much. Flacco seems at his best on those intermediate routes. I'm with you on the quick passes and lack of runs.

With Kubiak, we saw exactly what kind of offense Flacco works well in. We haven't taken in an OC since who run that sort of offense. I don't get it.

We've only hired one OC since then. Morniwheg was the QB coach and only promoted bc of Trestman being fired. I remember Trestman saying he was going to run the same offense. When push came to shove, he simply didn't, at least regarding play calling.

Are there any Kubiak disciples out there that would be available? Or, can we possibly hope that the Broncos lose their collective minds and fire Kubiak himself? http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/14/broncos-mailbag-fire-gary-kubiak/

Would have been nice if we kept Rick Dennison
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stance Punk wrote:
Would have been nice if we kept Rick Dennison

If I remember correctly they wanted to. He was offered the job but chose to follow Kubiak to Denver for the same position.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else noticing the shotgun quick toss to the running back seemingly being called at least once every game, and sometimes two or three times?

It's probably worked about 1/3 of the time it has been called.

I thought it was a Trestman thing, but Morninweg has kept it going. I'm kinda blown away at how often it is ran tbh. I think the 2nd time they ran it against the Pats it got completely blown up to the point where you knew the defender was just sitting on it from what they had studied on us. Just a very predictable and odd play that I am shocked has been incorporated as much as it has.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
Anyone else noticing the shotgun quick toss to the running back seemingly being called at least once every game, and sometimes two or three times?

I thought it was a Trestman thing, but Morninweg has kept it going. I'm kinda blown away at how often it is ran tbh. I think the 2nd time they ran it against the Pats it got completely blown up to the point where you knew the defender was just sitting on it from what they had studied on us. Just a very predictable and odd play that I am shocked has been incorporated as much as it has.

It's a crappy system. Mornhinweg is forced to still use it... but the dumb individual calls are on him. I don't think there's been a significant difference between him and Trestman. We have to pray that Harbaugh, or somebody over him, does the right thing and gets rid of Marty this offseason. Demoting him back to QB coach would be fine too although I think the whole offensive staff needs to go.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:

It's a crappy system. Mornhinweg is forced to still use it... but the dumb individual calls are on him. I don't think there's been a significant difference between him and Trestman. We have to pray that Harbaugh, or somebody over him, does the right thing and gets rid of Marty this offseason. Demoting him back to QB coach would be fine too although I think the whole offensive staff needs to go.

Yeah, the creativity is so poor. You'd think it would easier to install a variant on the Kubaik system of 2014, but apparently not.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Seems like the team is really frustrated and on edge.

I like it.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:

Yeah, the creativity is so poor. You'd think it would easier to install a variant on the Kubaik system of 2014, but apparently not.

Eh, not sure an entire system shift is the best idea in the middle of a playoff hunt.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Eh, not sure an entire system shift is the best idea in the middle of a playoff hunt.

I don't think anybody is advocating for that. You can't even implement a new system early in the regular season, there's just not enough weekly practice reps between games to get it done. But you can get rid of the crap in the offseason... which I have no confidence in Harbaugh doing given his history with Mornhinweg. He has the injury excuse (especially for the offensive line) to fall back on too.
Danand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:

I like it.

What are you speaking of?
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

I like it.

I'm going to assume it's this http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/steve-smith-sr-blows-ravens-practice-multiple-joe-flacco-miscues-121516
Quote:
Steve Smith Sr. wasn’t in the mood for mistakes during the Baltimore Ravens' practice Thursday, even by his Pro Bowl quarterback.

Smith tossed his helmet and kicked a football after Flacco overthrew him on back-to-back deep passes along the sideline. After the outburst, Smith walked off the field as Flacco and the rest of the offense continued the passing drills.

"The reason I did it is because I wanted to," Smith told ESPN.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Danand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

I like it.

I'm going to assume it's this http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/steve-smith-sr-blows-ravens-practice-multiple-joe-flacco-miscues-121516
Quote:
Steve Smith Sr. wasn’t in the mood for mistakes during the Baltimore Ravens' practice Thursday, even by his Pro Bowl quarterback.

Smith tossed his helmet and kicked a football after Flacco overthrew him on back-to-back deep passes along the sideline. After the outburst, Smith walked off the field as Flacco and the rest of the offense continued the passing drills.

That is all?

That is just Steve Smith being the way he is. Those antics are rarely good for anything. Especially if they happen often. I am not questioning that his fire and passion can be a positive on gameday, but throwing your helmet in practice doesn't really do anything good imo.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

I like it.

Quote:

That is all?

That is just Steve Smith being the way he is. Those antics are rarely good for anything. Especially if they happen often. I am not questioning that his fire and passion can be a positive on gameday, but throwing your helmet in practice doesn't really do anything good imo.

Yea, I agree. Doesn't really help anything.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

I like it.

Quote:

That is all?

I disagree. Sometimes you need that kind of outburst to spark a fire under someone's butt; especially Flacco. I think Flacco seems to play at his best when there is someone doubting him. Dude's been way too lackadaisical for the better part of this season, and you can attribute to a great number of things. At the end of the day though, the only way the Ravens move forward this year is if Flacco gets his head on straight and plays like the quarterback that we know he's capable of being. If Joe doesn't come out motivated this Sunday and torch an absolutely horrendous Eagles secondary, then I have little hope for the rest of this season.

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: