Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT: 7-5 Ravens At 10-2 Patriots MNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funniest stat ever... Flacco has a real chance at finishing top 5 in passing yards this year after these last two weeks... We're just not good enough for our starting dbs to go down... if DB isn't our first round picc this year I might lose it.... we are two more competent corners away from being super bowl contenders.. I'm done with Jimmy... very good player but the most important ability is availability and he just doesn't give us that... I want more perriman in this offense too... he has really started to look like he belongs and be that difference maker for us.... he needs the ball... Period
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funniest thing about tonight. As far as I can recall, Tavon Young's name wasn't called a single time, even after Jimmy went out. We're legitimately one more starting caliber corner and a HEALTHY Jimmy Smith away from taking that next step as a team, IMO.

Related, loving this draft class so far.

bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
Danand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The elite defense showed up.

No worries, we all had this locked down as a LOSS, and we "just" have to win out to go to the playoffs.

We can still get in there.
Danand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Funniest thing about tonight. As far as I can recall, Tavon Young's name wasn't called a single time, even after Jimmy went out. We're legitimately one more starting caliber corner and a HEALTHY Jimmy Smith away from taking that next step as a team, IMO.

Related, loving this draft class so far.

I know he isn't a corner, but I really love Jamal Adams along with a lot more secondary guys. Theres also plenty of cornerbacks, and as I stated in another thread, I think we should go after 2 this year.

We certainly need it.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:

So, we should be looking at two starting caliber corners.

Also, I would like to reinvest in the fire Pees campaign. I know there is no chance of that happening after this season, but I hate how everything has to be perfect talent-wise for the defense to work.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

So, we should be looking at two starting caliber corners.

Also, I would like to reinvest in the fire Pees campaign. I know there is no chance of that happening after this season, but I hate how everything has to be perfect talent-wise for the defense to work.

The fire still burns strongly. Alas, I have given up on this dream coming to fruition. He and Harbaugh are attached as if they were born from the same womb.

Seriously though, Mornhinweg and most of the rest of the offensive staff is the bigger problem. Hard to believe I know, but at least with favourable conditions the defense can succeed. Last week against Miami is looking like a fluke.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this offensive system we run. The "throw the ball within 2 seconds or else" crap that results in just check down after check down.

A great QB can handle that type of offense. Flacco is not that. This kind of offense relies on consistently marching down the field slow and steady. Our weapons and our QB don't fit that bill.

And yeah, I still hate Pees' defense, but there's no chance we let him go within even the next 2 years. Our best hope is that some team wants to look at him as a HC which is a pipe dream itself.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I happy about the result of last night? Certainly not.

That was a game on the road against the best team in the AFC. We were a TD dog on the line, which is what happened. I think we all had this marked as a loss at the start of the season.

I wish we had won and certain things could have been done better, but I have a hard time getting overly worked up about it. Using that game as a reason Harbaugh needs to be fired (or to even bring it up) seems like a huge stretch to me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I hate this offensive system we run. The "throw the ball within 2 seconds or else" crap that results in just check down after check down.

A great QB can handle that type of offense. Flacco is not that. This kind of offense relies on consistently marching down the field slow and steady. Our weapons and our QB don't fit that bill.

And yeah, I still hate Pees' defense, but there's no chance we let him go within even the next 2 years. Our best hope is that some team wants to look at him as a HC which is a pipe dream itself.

I miss the Kubiak run-to-PA-pass offense so much. Flacco seems at his best on those intermediate routes. I'm with you on the quick passes and lack of runs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
I wonder if Koch has a tell like Cardinals holder did when Bobby Wagner blocked 2 FGs in the same game or if that was just lucky timing?

If he had a tell it would happen more often. Just lucky timing... that could have been countered by somebody passing along the information that Shea started running.

Maybe there is something after all?
Quote:
Patriots linebacker Shea McClellin made a spectacular play on Monday night against the Ravens, leaping over the line to block a field goal.

McClellin hinted that he saw something on tape about the Ravens’ field goal unit that tipped him off on when the snap would come, but he declined to give any details.

“I don’t want to give that away for other teams,” McClellin said.

Whatever it was, the Ravens would be wise to figure it out, as other teams will now be trying to time their blocks against the Ravens as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/13/shea-mcclellin-says-timing-is-key-to-leaping-field-goal-blocks/[/code]

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Danand

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

I miss the Kubiak run-to-PA-pass offense so much. Flacco seems at his best on those intermediate routes. I'm with you on the quick passes and lack of runs.

With Kubiak, we saw exactly what kind of offense Flacco works well in. We haven't taken in an OC since who run that sort of offense. I don't get it.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
I wonder if Koch has a tell like Cardinals holder did when Bobby Wagner blocked 2 FGs in the same game or if that was just lucky timing?

If he had a tell it would happen more often. Just lucky timing... that could have been countered by somebody passing along the information that Shea started running.

Quote:
Patriots linebacker Shea McClellin made a spectacular play on Monday night against the Ravens, leaping over the line to block a field goal.

McClellin hinted that he saw something on tape about the Ravens’ field goal unit that tipped him off on when the snap would come, but he declined to give any details.

Whatever it was, the Ravens would be wise to figure it out, as other teams will now be trying to time their blocks against the Ravens as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/13/shea-mcclellin-says-timing-is-key-to-leaping-field-goal-blocks/[/code]

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet honestly.

If you watch each of Tucker's FGs, he goes through the same process each time. The rhythm in which the ball is snapped is basically the same every time. Tucker takes his steps back, looks up at the uprights, back to Koch, rocks back slightly, kicks his foot into the ground, deep breath, then nods his head. As soon as he nods his head, Koch looks to Cox, Tucker adjusts his arms/shoulders slightly and the ball is coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4CbAxXMBlY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuf2HVFSEos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjNHz3IqkUI

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still stand by if it was something substantial then it would be happening more often. If other teams start trying to Polamalu over the long snapper on a consistent basis then maybe there's something to it. Otherwise... eh.
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
drd23 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
drd23 wrote:

Quote:

If you watch each of Tucker's FGs, he goes through the same process each time. The rhythm in which the ball is snapped is basically the same every time. Tucker takes his steps back, looks up at the uprights, back to Koch, rocks back slightly, kicks his foot into the ground, deep breath, then nods his head. As soon as he nods his head, Koch looks to Cox, Tucker adjusts his arms/shoulders slightly and the ball is coming.

Yup. Looks like shrug of the shoulders/arms is the actual call for the ball to be snapped but that toe tap before it might have been the tell McClellin used to time his jump.

The good thing is that even between those 3 videos you've posted, the time between toe tap and shrug is slightly different (the older 2 seem to be longer) so maybe Tucker can switch up the time taken. Otherwise he's going to need to find a new routine, the guards are going to have to block slightly differently or Morgan Cox will have to pop up quicker or else this will happen again

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
drd23 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
drd23 wrote:

Quote:

Yup. Looks like shrug of the shoulders/arms is the actual call for the ball to be snapped but that toe tap before it might have been the tell McClellin used to time his jump.

The good thing is that even between those 3 videos you've posted, the time between toe tap and shrug is slightly different (the older 2 seem to be longer) so maybe Tucker can switch up the time taken. Otherwise he's going to need to find a new routine, the guards are going to have to block slightly differently or Morgan Cox will have to pop up quicker or else this will happen again

They switched it up on the 2nd FG attempt of the game. Same routine but they paused for an extra half second or so. I remember seeing it and hoping that it wasn't going to throw Tucker off.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: