Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT: 7-5 Ravens At 10-2 Patriots MNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Danand wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Wow. Seems like the team is really frustrated and on edge.

I like it.


What are you speaking of?

I'm going to assume it's this http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/steve-smith-sr-blows-ravens-practice-multiple-joe-flacco-miscues-121516
Quote:
Steve Smith Sr. wasn’t in the mood for mistakes during the Baltimore Ravens' practice Thursday, even by his Pro Bowl quarterback.

Smith tossed his helmet and kicked a football after Flacco overthrew him on back-to-back deep passes along the sideline. After the outburst, Smith walked off the field as Flacco and the rest of the offense continued the passing drills.

"The reason I did it is because I wanted to," Smith told ESPN.


That is all?

That is just Steve Smith being the way he is. Those antics are rarely good for anything. Especially if they happen often. I am not questioning that his fire and passion can be a positive on gameday, but throwing your helmet in practice doesn't really do anything good imo.


I disagree. Sometimes you need that kind of outburst to spark a fire under someone's butt; especially Flacco. I think Flacco seems to play at his best when there is someone doubting him. Dude's been way too lackadaisical for the better part of this season, and you can attribute to a great number of things. At the end of the day though, the only way the Ravens move forward this year is if Flacco gets his head on straight and plays like the quarterback that we know he's capable of being. If Joe doesn't come out motivated this Sunday and torch an absolutely horrendous Eagles secondary, then I have little hope for the rest of this season.


I have never in my more than 20 years of playing team based sports experiences that those kind of antics provided anything more than shaking heads.

I doubt Flacco or anyone else being used to Steve Smith is getting their butt lit up because he throws his helmet.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally getting to watch the game against the Patriots. 2 minutes into the 2. quarter and I have no issues with how we played. Patriots got everything going their way with a bonehead move from Devin Hester, the blocked field goal and the awkward athlete who can't turn his head to catch the ball for a first down.

We are in this game still, although its an issue, that our oline doesn't perform better against 3 pass rushers and the delayed blitz.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long pass to James White was on Lardarius Webb gambling.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then Mike Wallace can't jump to get the ball. I see receivers come down with those kind of receptions constantly - ofc then its a good throw by the quarterback, but not when it is Joe Flacco
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there was the Matt Judon ST penalty.

We have to find an OC, who can scheme us a runninggame. The other thing is killing us. Flacco and the rest of the offense have zero opportunity to get anything going like this.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 10900
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
Finally getting to watch the game against the Patriots. 2 minutes into the 2. quarter and I have no issues with how we played. Patriots got everything going their way with a bonehead move from Devin Hester, the blocked field goal and the awkward athlete who can't turn his head to catch the ball for a first down.

We are in this game still, although its an issue, that our oline doesn't perform better against 3 pass rushers and the delayed blitz.


Did anybody have their head around when Flacco threw that pass? I remember it looking like a really awkward play all around for the offense. Something that was designed to take time to develop maybe? Of course the pressure got to him quickly and ruined whatever it was supposed to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Danand wrote:
Finally getting to watch the game against the Patriots. 2 minutes into the 2. quarter and I have no issues with how we played. Patriots got everything going their way with a bonehead move from Devin Hester, the blocked field goal and the awkward athlete who can't turn his head to catch the ball for a first down.

We are in this game still, although its an issue, that our oline doesn't perform better against 3 pass rushers and the delayed blitz.


Did anybody have their head around when Flacco threw that pass? I remember it looking like a really awkward play all around for the offense. Something that was designed to take time to develop maybe? Of course the pressure got to him quickly and ruined whatever it was supposed to be.


I actually thought, that Flacco looked very much like this was designed, and the receiver(s) where on a different page. Especially as the ball was very much on point.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 16531
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
I have never in my more than 20 years of playing team based sports experiences that those kind of antics provided anything more than shaking heads.

I doubt Flacco or anyone else being used to Steve Smith is getting their butt lit up because he throws his helmet.


Different people. Different reactions. Personally, I know that in the course of my life the best I've ever played/performed in any sort of competitive circumstances has been when I've been doubted or called out. Not saying it should happen all that often, but if the criticism is coming from a respected source I would argue that it certainly can be beneficial, depending on the personality of the person receiving the criticism. Just my opinion/hope though.
_________________

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Danand wrote:
I have never in my more than 20 years of playing team based sports experiences that those kind of antics provided anything more than shaking heads.

I doubt Flacco or anyone else being used to Steve Smith is getting their butt lit up because he throws his helmet.


Different people. Different reactions. Personally, I know that in the course of my life the best I've ever played/performed in any sort of competitive circumstances has been when I've been doubted or called out. Not saying it should happen all that often, but if the criticism is coming from a respected source I would argue that it certainly can be beneficial, depending on the personality of the person receiving the criticism. Just my opinion/hope though.


I am not disagreeing with the fact, that some personalities perform better when called out. I don't think however, that Steve Smith yelling or throwing his helmet constitutes calling anyone out. Its just a way of reacting to things not going your way, that doesn't really help.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group