Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ron Rivera has got to go
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
I saw this on Twitter.

Cam Newton has completed 45.3% of his passes since Week 11 the third-worst completion rate in a six-game span since 1991

For comparison that is lower than Tim Tebow's accuracy which was was 46.5 and 50% in Denver. To be fair Newton still has a higher year with 52%, but i was wondering why is his accuracy so down this year? I dont watch Panthers, and I know his accuracy has always been an issue, but this year seems extroardinarly bad. Did his mechanics regress, bad decision making, or what?

Everything in bold along with a paper-thin offensive line not giving Cam any time to make his reads and an OC that calls long-developing passing plays downfield. Cam has pressure in his face almost instantaneously and has to make the decision to throw it to either the WR1 thats 20 yards downfield, the WR2 thats 25 yards downfield, or the WR3 thats 40 yards downfield. Overall, not good odds he completes it.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Rivera said the coaching staff is going to stay the same.

4 losing seasons in 6 years and the only time our coaching staff has changed is when Chud was taken away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My how we are quick to forget. We are a season removed from 15-1 and a SB appearance. Sure this season hasn't gone right, but do we really want to make such huge changes when we have so much in place to succeed?

I'm all for getting rid of Shula, but outside of him, I think our best bet is to keep everyone. Fire Rivera? That makes no sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not firing Shula is infuriating.
Look at what a new scheme on offense did for ATL.

JF16 Forever
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Not firing Shula is infuriating.
Look at what a new scheme on offense did for ATL.

Yeah, we definitely need to get rid of Shula. I have heard a lot of rumors about Norv coming to work with Cam, which I would love. Shula is so predictable that DCs easily caught up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
And Rivera said the coaching staff is going to stay the same.

WUTwutWUT
hudson3010

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I have a doubt about if I want Rivera out I remember the end of KC game this year and this doubt is gone.

Same thing for DG removing the tag from Josh Norman.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hudson3010"]Everytime I have a doubt about if I want Rivera out I remember the end of KC game this year and this doubt is gone.

Same thing for DG removing the tag from Josh Norman.[/quote

Rivera did not fumble the ball

Every time I have a doubt about if we still have frontrunning fans of this team, I see a post like this and the doubt is gone.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lasus83"]
hudson3010 wrote:
Everytime I have a doubt about if I want Rivera out I remember the end of KC game this year and this doubt is gone.

Same thing for DG removing the tag from Josh Norman.[/quote

Rivera did not fumble the ball

Every time I have a doubt about if we still have frontrunning fans of this team, I see a post like this and the doubt is gone.

Laughing Bingo! Its like everyone forgot that 2015 happened. Rivera is a good coach. Cut him some slack. Everyone is always so reactionary.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Rivera over 2016, fire Gettleman over Norman.

Norman's agent was an idiot. Gettleman doesn't carry most of that blame.

Besides, winning three division titles despite carrying 12-28 mil in dead cap EVERY year is something we should applaud, not fire him over.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
faccda01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Fire Rivera over 2016, fire Gettleman over Norman.

Norman's agent was an idiot. Gettleman doesn't carry most of that blame.

Besides, winning three division titles despite carrying 12-28 mil in dead cap EVERY year is something we should applaud, not fire him over.

Yeah, we should not be firing either of them. Gettlemen rescued us from Hurney's cap nightmare, and Rivera gave us 3 straight divisions, and 2 out of 3 seasons where we had a first round bye.

I don't agree with Gettleman's handling of the Norman situation, but you're right in that it was a two way street. What makes me more angry with Gettleman is his failure to address the OL situation. Still though, he has built up plenty of cushion with his masterful work of the salary cap. He deserves this offseason to see what he can do with money to spend.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Rivera should be out:

- keeping Shula
- zero awareness of situational football. Bad at X and Os.
- gimmick offense.
- cannot hold on even to a freaking 35 point lead. The frequency in which we blow up leads is ridiculous.
- underachiever. Keep in mind all the weapons he has been working with: the league MVP, a DPOY, olsen, norman. Yes, i would expect some playoff success (remember he cost us the superbowl for his stupid strategy) and the record for this year is totally unaceptable.

For DG, it was only one mistake but nobody cant deny that the decision to let Norman go was downright stupid and naive. I agree on not paying long-term what he wanted but why not maintain the tag for this year?? Given how close our losses were, I'm inclined to say that if we had an All-pro corner on the roster we could be in the playoffs. We also would not be humiliated that much in Atlanta.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hudson3010 wrote:
Why Rivera should be out:

- keeping Shula
- zero awareness of situational football. Bad at X and Os.
- gimmick offense.
- cannot hold on even to a freaking 35 point lead. The frequency in which we blow up leads is ridiculous.
- underachiever. Keep in mind all the weapons he has been working with: the league MVP, a DPOY, olsen, norman. Yes, i would expect some playoff success (remember he cost us the superbowl for his stupid strategy) and the record for this year is totally unaceptable.

Those stuck out. Has it occurred to you that gimmick offense is in large part due to the "league MVP", as you put it? Cam has struggled more often than not in a traditional drop-back-and-pass offense. I said from the start we should take his legs away and chain him to the center until he learns, much like the Eagles have done/are doing with Wentz, but it's too late for that now.

Cam's accuracy and mechanics struggles will likely prevent him from ever flourishing in a truly traditional offense.

Quote:

For DG, it was only one mistake but nobody cant deny that the decision to let Norman go was downright stupid and naive. I agree on not paying long-term what he wanted but why not maintain the tag for this year?? Given how close our losses were, I'm inclined to say that if we had an All-pro corner on the roster we could be in the playoffs. We also would not be humiliated that much in Atlanta.

Or here's a crazy idea - perhaps Norman's agent could have actually informed his client that if he didn't sign the tag, Gettleman was going to rescind it. Gettleman is not to blame here. At all.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: