Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft Thread Reply with quote

I honestly havent looked into the draft as much as I normally do, but I do have a concern. I know we need a edge rusher, 3 tech, and a FS, but is anyone else worried about adding more young guys to this defense?

Neal, Campbell, Jones, and Poole are rookies who are playing tons of minutes for us, which should help in the future, but do you think adding another couple of rookies to them, and Jalen Collins(who is basically a rookie) will be beneficial in 2017? Our offense plus Beasley, Trufant, Jarret, and Brooks/Clayborn are ready to compete with any team right now, but who knows where that window will be once these young guys are ready. It could be a couple of years.

Do this concern anyone else? I would be happy with getting Dan Feeney in the first, and plugging him into the offensive line.

#JDI
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I def think we can add a guard to replace chester, but we still have holes on that d. We could use a nother pass rusher, and i really think we need to add another corner. Alford is most likely gone and Im not sure if collins is the answer, he may or may not be. even if he is a legit starter, i still want to add depth there with a high pick.
ljm falcons 21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think given another year the rookies and 2nd year players should have improved enough to warrant spending more draft picks on the defense.

My main target for the offseason would be getting Eric Berry to come back home and man FS for the defense. If by some way he does make it to FA then the falcons should go hard at him. He fits the system and can play the deep middle better than most FS in the league bar earl thomas.

The first target in the draft would be either a pass rusher or a CB, now this draft seems to have a fair few decent CBs but is fairly light on good quality pass rushers, dont get me wrong there are some decent pass rushers in the draft but i think we will be lucky to get one as we will probably be drafting later in the 1st round. One guy who i like that has been playing both DE/DT in college is Chris Wormley but i dont think he is worth a 1st rounder.

I agree with GSUeagles14 in the respect that we need a OG to replace chester but i wouldnt be surprised if Quinn let Schweitzer see the field first.
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the defense is getting very close to being filled with Quinn's guys, but it's not quite there yet. Like you said, we need at least a FS and another DT, but I like Clayborn at the other DE spot provided he stays healthy, and we can grab a guy outside of the top 2 rounds. Though this team is exceeding expectations in year 2, Quinn is not done creating his team. We will likely have to be patient for another year with at least 2 rookies on D in 2017 unless we delve into FA. I also think Alford asks for too much in FA and we let him go. GSU, you're saying even if Collins develops up to his potential we still need a high pick there? I think only if Collins can't get it done then we spend a pick in the first 2 rounds, but we're only going to wait until the end of this year to make that decision. If we go into next year with Trufant, a competent Collins, and Poole in the nickel then we should be fine taking a corner no later than the fourth. I'd rather grab a FS and DT at the top of the draft, provided the value is there.

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: