Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: Saints vs Lions GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Week 13: Saints vs Lions GDT Reply with quote

Because I'm tired of not having a thread until the second quarter.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always have a thread made before the game though

We are due to lose today because I guess people think we're good again after one game and we have "momentum" again. Can't have that.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
We always have a thread made before the game though

We are due to lose today because I guess people think we're good again after one game and we have "momentum" again. Can't have that.

Sad... the bigger story than the game has become the words of a selfish wide receiver who's gripping over his lack of stats in a blowout his team won. Payton can deny it all he wants but Cooks camp has been venting frustration throughout the season and the more Thomas develops into a primary option the more Cooks feelings get hurt.

Now reports are out that the Saints were in fact in trade talks with the Patriots centering around a Cooks for Jamie Collins deal. I've always believed where there is smoke there is fire and there has been a lot of smoke centering around Cooks all season who appears to be more selfish a player than many ever expected. He's not happy winning unless he's the reason we win and he's not ok with spreading the wealth and being a part of a great young receiving core of he's not the primary option at all times.

Sad... this won't end well and I'd put my money on Cooks in fact getting dealt at some point this offseason.

WHODAT91FOREVER
NS922

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like rumors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
I don't like rumors

I don't either but Cooks made it clear he's not happy instead of squashing them... further showing his selfishness as his team continues to work toward a wildcard birth.

Bottom line is he's suppose to be one of he building blocks of this rebuild and instead he's looking more and more like a trade chip. He doesn't give the impression that he wants to be here and when pressed about the timing all he could say is it's "about wanting to be great".

Once again... it's all about him and now he's publicly questioned Payton and we all know what happens to players who do that.

I'd love for Cooks to come to his senses as well as Payton by involving him more... we will see how often he's targeted today.

WHODAT91FOREVER

Last edited by whodatworm23 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
I don't like rumors

I don't either but Cooks made it clear he's not happy instead of squashing them... further showing his selfishness as his team continues to work toward a wildcard birth.

Bottom line is he's suppose to be one of he building blocks of this rebuild and instead he's looking more and more like a trade chip. He doesn't give the impression that he wants to be here and when pressed about the timing all he could say is it's "about wanting to be great".

Once again... it's all about him and now he's publicly questioned Payton and we all know what happens to players who do that.

Cooks has made it pretty clear he's a selfish asshat. It's a shame because we might be the best offense in the NFL when all of our receivers are on the field. He's in for a world of shock when he gets traded to some scrub QB team and sees his production go through the floor. If he would just play and keep his mouth shut, Brees would get him the ball and he'd put up impressive numbers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing is really being blown out of proportion. All of a sudden after one game he's the next Terrell Owens or something? Hopefully Drew can get like 7 passes to him today so everyone can shut up about it and we can move on.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
I don't like rumors

Cooks has made it pretty clear he's a selfish asshat. It's a shame because we might be the best offense in the NFL when all of our receivers are on the field. He's in for a world of shock when he gets traded to some scrub QB team and sees his production go through the floor. If he would just play and keep his mouth shut, Brees would get him the ball and he'd put up impressive numbers.

Kinda makes you appreciate what Colston was just that much more dosent it?

WHODAT91FOREVER
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
This whole thing is really being blown out of proportion. All of a sudden after one game he's the next Terrell Owens or something? Hopefully Drew can get like 7 passes to him today so everyone can shut up about it and we can move on.

If you think it's just one game your wrong... this has been swirling around for about 8 weeks. It's only one game because Cooks finally went public with his frustrations after going in house early on but his camp has been sending out these signals after any game he isn't the primary target.

The Rams game was just he tipping point for him. Also that's not the point... Cooks can have 12 catches today and 100+ yards and multiple scores but if he's not targeted the next week you can bet he'll complain.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
I don't like rumors

Kinda makes you appreciate what Colston was just that much more dosent it?

Yes it does, and I've been saying all week that this is why Colston was one of the best and most underrated receivers in NFL. It makes everyone's job so much easier when players keep their mouths shut and do their job.

I'm gonna be legitimately pissed off if Brees forces balls to Cooks today and gets picked off.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys got this
NS922

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That play was as ugly as those pants
JMG5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like a loss. I've had this feeling since the 3rd snap.
JMG5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just noticed why Anthony doesn't see the field very often.
NS922

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz gets a kick tipped AGAIN. We need a new kicker (again).

I wish the refs would let Breaux play. I don't know what it is about him but refs just love to throw flags on him for no reason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: