Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect-Pro Comparisons 2016-17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 5375
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathan Peterman = Jimmy Garoppolo
_________________
GFalcon wrote:
Yes, you guys will still win series but jokes on you because lebron going to fail again in the finals for CLE against GS or SA. Cool Sometimes i feel bad for cleveland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6852
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Nathan Peterman = Jimmy Garoppolo

I don't see that at all. I was a Garoppolo fan when he was coming out, easy to see the upside. I don't see the same ceiling with Peterman.

One I've had in my pocket for a while:

Desmond King->Antrel Rolle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 5375
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
Nathan Peterman = Jimmy Garoppolo

I don't see that at all. I was a Garoppolo fan when he was coming out, easy to see the upside. I don't see the same ceiling with Peterman.

One I've had in my pocket for a while:

Desmond King->Antrel Rolle



Love King to Rolle. That makes a ton of sense.



Garoppolo and Peterman both have the same potential to me. Will never be top 10 guys, but will settle in as the 12th-20th best QB's in the league. That's where I would put both ceilings at, although predicting QB ceiling is always a complete crap shoot because physical attributes can be overcame. Like Drew Brees, for example, would have probably gotten the same "ceiling" grade. It is technically possible that Peterman becomes an all-time great, but he's more likely to be an average starter.
_________________
GFalcon wrote:
Yes, you guys will still win series but jokes on you because lebron going to fail again in the finals for CLE against GS or SA. Cool Sometimes i feel bad for cleveland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 10119
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deshaun Watson = Michael Jordan
_________________

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7640
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perine = Jamal Anderson
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MWil23


Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 6433
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Perine = Jamal Anderson


Throwback comparison...I like it. I still always think that Jamal Anderson has such a tough career to gauge based off of his horrific continual knee injury issue.

235 Pound "bruisers" with great feet/lateral ability.

Perrine intrigues me. He's a nice mid round back that I could see make his mark...and if he does, probably another logical argument why guys like Fournette shouldn't be Top 10 picks if you could get a slightly worse version in a mid round, where you could positionally value someone else higher.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 19187
Location: 805
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond King = Brandon Flowers
Damontae Kazee = Brandon Flowers
Corn Elder = Brandon Flowers
_________________

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6852
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Haris->Cameron Wake
Takkarist McKinley->Cliff Avril
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Nathan Peterman = Jimmy Garoppolo


worth the #12 pick then iyam
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5571
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The love for Peterman here reminds me of the love for Savage here. FWIW.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6852
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
The love for Peterman here reminds me of the love for Savage here. FWIW.

I think his hype is more similar to David Fales - another guy with questionable tools who looks "okay" against the backdrop of college competition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 9471
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Charles Haris->Cameron Wake
Takkarist McKinley->Cliff Avril


Harris is nowhere near the freak that Cam Wake was coming out. People forget that Wake had a 45.5" vert at the combine (even though he was 6'3" 235), it was insane. Harris won't have that kind of explosiveness, I guaratee it. I don't think he'll be bad though, I can kind of see him following the Dee Ford type of career path.
_________________


MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69128
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ishmael Zamora = Josh Gordon
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6852
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Harris is nowhere near the freak that Cam Wake was coming out. People forget that Wake had a 45.5" vert at the combine (even though he was 6'3" 235), it was insane. Harris won't have that kind of explosiveness, I guaratee it. I don't think he'll be bad though, I can kind of see him following the Dee Ford type of career path.

When I do comps, I'm comparing the prospect to who a player is/became in the NFL. I probably wouldn't have compared Wake the prospect to Wake the NFL player because prospects don't often transform so much, physically, from college to pros.

I mean, who knows what was going on in the CFL while Wake was there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duffman57


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 9471
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:
Harris is nowhere near the freak that Cam Wake was coming out. People forget that Wake had a 45.5" vert at the combine (even though he was 6'3" 235), it was insane. Harris won't have that kind of explosiveness, I guaratee it. I don't think he'll be bad though, I can kind of see him following the Dee Ford type of career path.

When I do comps, I'm comparing the prospect to who a player is/became in the NFL. I probably wouldn't have compared Wake the prospect to Wake the NFL player because prospects don't often transform so much, physically, from college to pros.

I mean, who knows what was going on in the CFL while Wake was there.


Yeah, but is/was, it's still relevant. He's still nowhere near the athlete and explosive player that Wake is. I think he's a good athlete, but Wake is among the most explosive athletes to play the position, almost ever.

He also doesn't convert speed to power like Wake does. He just seems incredibly soft to me, and really lacks much hand power/hand activity. He basically wins with speed or a quick inside counter or loses he rep.
_________________


MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group