Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospect-Pro Comparisons 2016-17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcalgsr wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
norcalgsr wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Michael Turner was three inches shorter and had a much lower center of gravity. I see why you think of him. Just too much of a physical difference for me. I like the Eddie Lacy comparison. It's pretty solid. Lacy didn't put on the weight until he got in the league. His body at Alabama looked similar to Foreman's right now. Foreman had problems being out of shape during the off-season's in high school and his freshman season at Texas.

Foreman is still fast when he's out of shape. Lacy never had the same kind of speed. It's a bad comparison.

Corey Davis and Allen Robinson don't have the same kind of speed but yet you think that's a good comparison. Think

Sorry that you're offended that I use your own logic on you. Foreman reminds you lf Lacy for reasons other then speed, right? Just the way Davis reminds me of Robinson other than.....LOL.

I didn't disagree with your Davis/Robinson comparison solely due to long speed though. It was also due to how they differ athletically attacking the ball and their vertical ability. For me, Lacy and Foreman are similar enough outside of that one difference where it's a solid comparison. It's not a good one but it works for me.
tannenballs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never understood the need for player comparisons. I don't see the utility, they just add an unnecessary bias
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
I've never understood the need for player comparisons. I don't see the utility, they just add an unnecessary bias

I'm guilty of doing this as well, but I agree that they are pointless. When someone gets into the NFL, they don't all of a sudden morph into an Andre Johnson shaped-mold...I guess comparisons are decent for physical gifts.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with comparisons is that everyone has different ways of coming up with them so it becomes confusing to discuss.
bizell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:

Dalvin Cook--Ahman Green

Ahman Green never had the wiggle that Dalvin has. Ahman was more straightline

aaaaand after pulling up a few ahman green highlights i think you hit this right on the head (though i still think dalvin has more wiggle) ... their running styles are almost identical

sig by sucka steve
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
tannenballs wrote:

I'm guilty of doing this as well, but I agree that they are pointless. When someone gets into the NFL, they don't all of a sudden morph into an Andre Johnson shaped-mold...I guess comparisons are decent for physical gifts.

NFL teams do it and I find it a fun exercise. They are not pointless.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Mitch Trubisky--Derek Carr
I don't see Trubisky and Derek Carr personally. Carr has a much better arm.

Last edited by barnaby8787 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Prospect-Pro Comparisons 2016-17 Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:

WR:
Mike William - Michael Floyd

I think Mike Williams is a much better athlete personally. Reminds me of Dez.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
I still think the best comaprison for D'onta Foreman is Jamal Lewis

That's not bad either.

I would say Blount would be the most accurate comparison imo.

Both are strong runners but more iejo that it's more their weight being thrown around as oppose to someone like Lewis or Ricky using real leg power and a low pad level to run over people. Both have similar top end speeds and elusiveness, both are somewhat upright runners. Personally that's who I see on game tape.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

I see Trent Edward's when I watch mitch. Big size, low compact release, more traditional pocket passer then actual tony romo second, third chance guy.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
reamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

That's not bad either.

Both are strong runners but more iejo that it's more their weight being thrown around as oppose to someone like Lewis or Ricky using real leg power and a low pad level to run over people. Both have similar top end speeds and elusiveness, both are somewhat upright runners. Personally that's who I see on game tape.

That's what I see, too. Foreman has better speed probably, and I think he requires fewer steps to hit his top end, but they're remarkably similar players. As a Patriots fan, I'm hoping we can pick up Foreman, since Blount is on the wrong side of 30. It would be nice to have a viable backup to continue our playing style. That running game is pretty punishing once defenses are tired from chasing 40 passes a game.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:

I see Trent Edward's when I watch mitch. Big size, low compact release, more traditional pocket passer then actual tony romo second, third chance guy.
I agree. I think he's a better athlete than Trent though. I almost see Ryan Fitzpatrick. I just don't like him as a prospect.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

That's not bad either.

He was a guy I was thinking about as well. However there just seems to be too much of a difference in terms of speed/acceleration from Foreman to Blount. He athletically is closer to Jamal Lewis who was a 4.4 40 type of guy ("4.37" handtimed) and by what I've seen from offseason reports and his on the field explosiveness, Foreman will likely run in that 4.4 range
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

That's not bad either.

He was a guy I was thinking about as well. However there just seems to be too much of a difference in terms of speed/acceleration from Foreman to Blount. He athletically is closer to Jamal Lewis who was a 4.4 40 type of guy ("4.37" handtimed) and by what I've seen from offseason reports and his on the field explosiveness, Foreman will likely run in that 4.4 range
I see Marshawn personally.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Prospect-Pro Comparisons 2016-17 Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:

WR:
Mike William - Michael Floyd

I think Mike Williams is a much better athlete personally. Reminds me of Dez.

I'd be surprised if Williams tests out better than Floyd (4.47, 36" vert, 122" broad, 7.11 SS at 6'3" 220 lbs.). I view both as stiff playmakers with iffy hands who are best served as a clear number two to another elite perimeter option.

barnaby8787 wrote:
I see Marshawn personally.

This is my most hated comparison for Foreman. Lynch had all-time great balance and lateral movement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: