Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WK 13 GDT: 7-4 Dolphins @ 6-5 Ravens
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Ronnie Stanley shut down Wake...

The media will never mention it though, because they predetermined on draft day that the Ravens messed up passing on Tunsil. That narrative is too juicy to let it be affected by anything that actually happens in their careers.

If the game went the other way, they'd be all about talking about the rookie lineman matchup.
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
So, Ronnie Stanley shut down Wake...

The media will never mention it though, because they predetermined on draft day that the Ravens messed up passing on Tunsil. That narrative is too juicy to let it be affected by anything that actually happens in their careers.

If the game went the other way, they'd be all about talking about the rookie lineman matchup.

The matchup has actually been something noticed by football pundits in Denmark. Stanley really won that matchup today, especially as Tunsil mostly was mentioned because of his 3 penalties.
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are we supposed to play down this performance because the Dolphins are a worse team than everybody thought, or are we going to be enthusiastic about our chances to go to New England and pull off the upset?
paraven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
So, are we supposed to play down this performance because the Dolphins are a worse team than everybody thought, or are we going to be enthusiastic about our chances to go to New England and pull off the upset?

No we are optimistic about next week. Ravens always play the pats tough, and they really havent been lighting teams up in their wins. It will be a closer game then the media will predict
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a fan IMO, you got to enjoy a win for one day without regard for the future and what is means.

I can't even watch the Steelers game. I can't stand watching the Giants play, and needing to root for them is just too much.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Ravens 31 - Dolphins 13

Ravens shut down the run game and force Tannehill to throw a bunch. Suggs and Doom both get to the QB once and the linemen add another two sacks. Offense finally hits its stride and only calls on Tucker once.

this was pretty accurate man

Blind squirrels and broken clocks, or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
paraven wrote:
when is the last time flacco threw for 400?

Never

His highest yards total was against the Rams in 2011 - 27/48 for 389yds 3 TDs

Torrey smith game, rights?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
paraven wrote:
when is the last time flacco threw for 400?

Never

His highest yards total was against the Rams in 2011 - 27/48 for 389yds 3 TDs

Torrey smith game, rights?

Yep http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201109250ram.htm

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointingly, the Giants haven't been able to do us a favour and beat the Steelers today Sad

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
paraven wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Ravens 31 - Dolphins 13

Ravens shut down the run game and force Tannehill to throw a bunch. Suggs and Doom both get to the QB once and the linemen add another two sacks. Offense finally hits its stride and only calls on Tucker once.

this was pretty accurate man

Blind squirrels and broken clocks, or something like that.

Mr. Blind Squirrel could you please tell me the next winning mega millions numbers? Razz

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A near perfect performance. Liked it.

Flacco looked outstanding. Despite his struggles this year and the hate he gets, he's still a good QB. People want to label him as average everywhere you look, but we got to see what a truly average QB looks like watching the opposition today. I'm pretty optimistic with where his play is at right now after today.

The Perriman catch and run was awesome to see. Just another step.

Pitta obviously was really good which was encouraging - I thought he had really hit a wall. I love that Boyle can take the blocking responsibility.

The defense is just solid all the way around 1-11. The only regulars that really give me any pause are Shareece & Powers, but as long as Smith and Tavon stay healthy we can survive with them as the #3 and #4.

West and Dixon really complement each other nicely. We don't have the most dominant run game out there but I think it's good enough to get it done, and Dixon just continues to grow. I think the coaching staff has done a good job of a finding the right balance with the 2.

And finally, despite only hearing negative things prior to him becoming a Raven, Vlad Ducasse has not been bad at all IMO. The Yanda move to LG has been smooth (almost thinking it should be a permanent one) and Ducasse's play on the right has been about all I could ask for.. As a whole I thought this was the offensive line's best performance of the year.

This team is really trending up - and at a nice time
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
A near perfect performance. Liked it.

Flacco looked outstanding. Despite his struggles this year and the hate he gets, he's still a good QB. People want to label him as average everywhere you look, but we got to see what a truly average QB looks like watching the opposition today. I'm pretty optimistic with where his play is at right now after today.

The Perriman catch and run was awesome to see. Just another step.

Pitta obviously was really good which was encouraging - I thought he had really hit a wall. I love that Boyle can take the blocking responsibility.

The defense is just solid all the way around 1-11. The only regulars that really give me any pause are Shareece & Powers, but as long as Smith and Tavon stay healthy we can survive with them as the #3 and #4.

West and Dixon really complement each other nicely. We don't have the most dominant run game out there but I think it's good enough to get it done, and Dixon just continues to grow. I think the coaching staff has done a good job of a finding the right balance with the 2.

And finally, despite only hearing negative things prior to him becoming a Raven, Vlad Ducasse has not been bad at all IMO. The Yanda move to LG has been smooth (almost thinking it should be a permanent one) and Ducasse's play on the right has been about all I could ask for.. As a whole I thought this was the offensive line's best performance of the year.

This team is really trending up - and at a nice time

The only two times we talked about the oline in the game was when Ducasse had some penalties against him and when it turned out, that Stanley had shut down the entire left side. Funny thing is, once the oline played well, we saw the potential in Flacco. For some reason outside the Ravens fan base, it is not okay for Flacco to have good players surrounding him, He is only good when the rest of the team is good = game manager, while a QB like Russell wilson who came into the league with an elite defense and running game backing him up is close to elite.

As I wrote earlier, I think we matched up very well with our strengths against Dolphins weaknesses. Almost not once did we attack them down the sideline on 9/go routes, and we used our speedy players to gain separation across the middle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: