Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: Bucs (6-5) @ Chargers (5-6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the team, we have all hoped they would become. Koetter deserves a lot of credit.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh I just checked some stats for remainder of season.

Atlanta holds the tie breaker over us, their remaining schedule is:
@LA
SF
@CAR
NO

Those teams have a combined record of 14-32

Our remaining games are against a combined record of 25-22

I am not doubting our ability to win anymore, but I just don't see how Atlanta can lose to any of those teams. MAYBE CAR and NO just because they're divisional games.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to take the division but as long as we get a wild card spot I'm happy. Plus, we are clutch on the road. Add a playoff win or two and that's the best season we've had since 2002.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother and I bought tickets to the Bucs/Cowboys game this summer thinking that it would be fun to visit Jerry World this year. Who knew the game would mean something???

I love our confidence. We don't have that Chicken Little mentality anymore. If we blow a coverage assignment...it's cool, we have time to fix it. If we miss a field goal attempt...it's alright, we'll make the next one. It's a collective mindset that has taken over the locker-room.

Very proud of what this team is becoming.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
My brother and I bought tickets to the Bucs/Cowboys game this summer thinking that it would be fun to visit Jerry World this year. Who knew the game would mean something???

I love our confidence. We don't have that Chicken Little mentality anymore. If we blow a coverage assignment...it's cool, we have time to fix it. If we miss a field goal attempt...it's alright, we'll make the next one. It's a collective mindset that has taken over the locker-room.

That mentality shows in the reserves coming in and not missing a beat. Its such a terrific feeling when this team gets a lead in the 4th quarter, it feels they will find a way to finish the job.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston is special man. He is getting it done spreading the ball around with guys most teams never even heard of. I mean guys are getting separation out there but receivers aren't "naked" wide open. Winston best attribute - throwing with anticipation has been on full display. We're not even running the football efficiently this year, this offense has been driven by #3. But, huge props to Koetter though for sticking with the run game even though it hasn't worked well. Teams have to respect it. I remember when he coached at ATL he was very pass happy and abandoned the run a lot but it looks like he learned from his previous experience..

7-5 Cool
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Ill be at the game Sunday. Lets go Bucs!

garbage
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

And now it's a Sunday night game instead
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting here over in Afghanistan not being able to watch any of the games sucks.

But hearing/reading on here and NFL that my team is 7-5 is making my time here even better!

Let's get that playoff spot and hopefully I'll be able to see the game!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

And now it's a Sunday night game instead

Yup, I saw that. Incredible.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just saw that play where Shorts tore his knee. Did you guys think that was a bad tackle? I never cared for all this low tackling, just a knee injury waiting to happen, but it is so common. Too bad for Shorts, about the worst knee injury in recent years.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
just saw that play where Shorts tore his knee. Did you guys think that was a bad tackle? I never cared for all this low tackling, just a knee injury waiting to happen, but it is so common. Too bad for Shorts, about the worst knee injury in recent years.

Quote:
An article in Mondayís The San Diego Union-Tribune goes into detail about the play, how Addae reached out to Shorts on the field and after the game to wish him well, and the Tampa residentís thoughts on the Catch-22 scenario of defenders targeting high or low.

ďObviously, I feel bad for the guy,Ē Addae said in the article. ďI prayed for him, and I went and talked to him, let him know that I hope everything is well. But the proof is in the pudding: Iíve been fined plenty of times. Every time I get fined, they tell me I need to lower my target. Iím pretty sure that a guy would rather get hit in the chest and hit in the head and be out for a month than what happened to Cecil.

ďThey say go for the mid-section, but the target lowers and you can possibly have your helmet hit his helmet, and itís a fine, and itís a flag. Iím hurting my pockets, and Iím hurting my team. And then, when I go low, some classify it as Ďdirty.í Itís a lose-lose situation. Ö I deliberately did not go high because of my past.Ē

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Quote:
An article in Mondayís The San Diego Union-Tribune goes into detail about the play, how Addae reached out to Shorts on the field and after the game to wish him well, and the Tampa residentís thoughts on the Catch-22 scenario of defenders targeting high or low.

ďObviously, I feel bad for the guy,Ē Addae said in the article. ďI prayed for him, and I went and talked to him, let him know that I hope everything is well. But the proof is in the pudding: Iíve been fined plenty of times. Every time I get fined, they tell me I need to lower my target. Iím pretty sure that a guy would rather get hit in the chest and hit in the head and be out for a month than what happened to Cecil.

ďThey say go for the mid-section, but the target lowers and you can possibly have your helmet hit his helmet, and itís a fine, and itís a flag. Iím hurting my pockets, and Iím hurting my team. And then, when I go low, some classify it as Ďdirty.í Itís a lose-lose situation. Ö I deliberately did not go high because of my past.Ē

whatever happened to tackling at the waist though? I understand not tackling high, goodwill will send the courier to you by wednesday, that we all know.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was worried about Shorts ducking and bracing for the hit, resulting in a head to head hit.

It sucks, no doubt. But that is the alternative.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
He was worried about Shorts ducking and bracing for the hit, resulting in a head to head hit.

It sucks, no doubt. But that is the alternative.

I see now, I only watched the play a few times and thought the defender went low as a way of tackling but he actually was avoiding possible concussion and fine.

Sadly, this will be the trend, the tradeoff involved is career ending as opposed to the old way, a concussion which would be a game or two (but way back it was a few snaps).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: