Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft/Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMG5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: 2017 NFL Draft/Offseason Reply with quote

With the season nearing an end ,and the Saints more than likely missing out on the playoffs once again, I think it's time we look ahead at how we can improve this team moving forward.

We have a few glaring needs that we need to address this off-season in either the draft or free agency. Those being: DE, LB, CB and OG. Who are a few draft prospects and/or free agents that you guys could see the Saints looking at this off-season?

Draft:
RD1: Derek Barnett/Tim Williams DE
RD2: Tre'Davious White CB

That's all I have at the moment in terms of draft.

Free Agency:
CB: A.J. Bouye, Jerraud Powers
LB: Zach Brown, Nick Perry, Mant'I Teo
DE: Melvin Ingram, Jason Pierre-Paul, Jabaal Sheard

Some may be pricey but I'm just guessing these are some guys the Saints may look at. I'll add more names if I think/you guys post more.

Last edited by JMG5 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Breesus mode

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Draft/Offseason Reply with quote

JMG5 wrote:
With the season nearing an end ,and the Saints more than likely missing out on the playoffs once again, I think it's time we look ahead at how we can improve this team moving forward.

We have a few glaring needs that we need to address this off-season in either the draft or free agency. Those being: DE, LB, CB and OG. Who are a few draft prospects and/or free agents that you guys could see the Saints looking at this off-season?

Draft:
RD1: Derek Barnett DE

That's all I have at the moment in terms of draft. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on free agency as well. Smile

If we're going DL Tim Williams would be a realistic guy for the likely place we'll be picking, and I don't know if White will last to the second.

catcheryea wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
you missed a crying jordan in the middle of your sig man.
you missed a bowl game at the end of your season
JMG5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Draft/Offseason Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
JMG5 wrote:

Draft:

That's all I have at the moment in terms of draft. I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on free agency as well. Smile

If we're going DL Tim Williams would be a realistic guy for the likely place we'll be picking, and I don't know if White will last to the second.

I'm trying to be optimistic. As for Tim Williams, it was a toss between him and Barnett. We just need to get a pass rusher to help Cameron Jordan in the first round. If none are available that fit the pick we need to go with LB or DT. CB can wait until the 2nd.
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Draft/Offseason Reply with quote

JMG5 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
JMG5 wrote:

Draft:

I'm trying to be optimistic. As for Tim Williams, it was a toss between him and Barnett. We just need to get a pass rusher to help Cameron Jordan in the first round. If none are available that fit the pick we need to go with LB or DT. CB can wait until the 2nd.

Wherever the Saints end up picking, if there isn't a DE worth taking in that slot, I hope they take the top rated LB on the board. They drafted Rankins last year, and if they resign Fairly, I think they're okay at DT. That LB core is still woefully lacking in the speed/athleticism department.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2017 NFL Draft/Offseason Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
JMG5 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
JMG5 wrote:

Draft:

Wherever the Saints end up picking, if there isn't a DE worth taking in that slot, I hope they take the top rated LB on the board. They drafted Rankins last year, and if they resign Fairly, I think they're okay at DT. That LB core is still woefully lacking in the speed/athleticism department.

I hope we pick Derek Barnett, Tim Williams or Rueben Foster in the first. If we don't resign Fairley then we need to look at DT as a possible pick.

I would also love to see Stephon Anthony actually play. I thought he looked great for a rookie last year. I guess the position switch has been too much for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: