You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12 GDT: Carolina Panthers @ Oakland Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...it was sort of fun while it lasted. Heart breaking game to officially end our season.

Offseason:
Oline
Oline
Oline

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks-Jake Bentley watch
Forever To Thee
BayRaider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys. Almost gave me a heart attack. I predicted 33-31 Raiders which was pretty close.

I still think you guys can make the playoffs. Have to go 5-0 and you can sneak in. Looks like five winnable games. And you would have the tie breaker over almost all NFC wildcard teams according to the Playoff Machine. Wish you guys the best!
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now Begins the Leonard fournette Lottery

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big supporter of taking Henry last season (if it came down to it), but RB is down on the pole of needs. I'm more of a BPA guy than take whoever fills a position guy, but we'll be picking so high that we'll surely have a shot at a top pass rusher, offensive lineman, or safety.

Plus I'm still not sure what I think about Fournette. The criticisms that were being thrown at Henry this past year (stiff, product of the system, doesn't move well enough, etc.) are what I am more concerned with Fournette about.

I'd be more interested in Dalvin Cook. This class is so deep at RB though that we should definitely wait. We would definitely need a new offensive coordinator because otherwise he wouldn't be a great fit, but I would love Christian McCaffrey in the 2nd round.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we played an awesome second half considering missing Luke and half the offensive line. KB messed up that 3rd and 10 and Rivera should have gone for it. Asking Klein to do what Luke does was unrealistic and thats where they scored on us.

I hope we see good progress from our younger players so we will know what we need which I don't think is that much. Bradbury has been pretty good.

Wouldn't mind 1st and 2nd round picks being O-Line or a RB if a good one is there, maybe Chubb in the 2nd. Cook and Fournette are animals but will surely go top 15 after seeing how good Elliot is. Or maybe if Peppers is there just get him.

Would be great to get JPP if he doesn't resign, surely the Giants are strapped for cap space. Resign Short.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SS diff game. bad playcalling, bad o line play, poor play by cam (besides 2 great throws), dbs getting torched in places ( tho they have improved) the new wrinkle was drops by olsen,
just a disappointing loss as they all have been. D played well in parts but this team is broken and done this year. I say give some of the young guns like byrd and CAP some more play and see what we have for next year

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:

I'd be more interested in Dalvin Cook. This class is so deep at RB though that we should definitely wait.

Yes.

JF16 Forever
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Well...it was sort of fun while it lasted. Heart breaking game to officially end our season.

Offseason:
Oline
Oline
Oline

This. If DG really thinks so highly of hog mollies then this next offseason is the time to prove it. Spend money, Draft picks, and really whatever it takes. Just get us some talent on the O line and watch this improve drastically. We don't need anymore 'deals' nor do we need anymore remmers/bell/chandler experiments. DG bring us in some talented ffs.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read, there is no top-tier OTs coming out in the top of the draft this year.

Mostly projected to go in the end of the first.

OT has been such a hit-or-miss prospect lately too. It's almost like QB, now, that you can't just "count" on a guy b/c he was taken early. Seemed like there was better consistency at the talent evaluation level across the league a decade ago.... dunno.

This offense is dependent on a stud RB. Fozzy and CAP are not the answers. Jstew is likely cut after this season and is oft-injured anyway.

Just my .02... but we NEED Fournette. And specifically him. His size and bruising style work great in our system.

The OT position is top priority, yes. But we need that addressed in FA this year. It's gonna cost us... oh god is it ever... but we've got the cap room and it is a no-question top priority. We've got to protect Cam.

DE is a solid #2 position in this years draft and a position that can come in and have an immediate impact, too.

IMO, CJ is done after this year and Ealy may be too. He's not even starting now-a-days.

I also think that Short is gonna have to walk due to his cap figure. He didn't have studs at DE last year either, so that's not an argument, and is underperforming this year... heck, he is just absent. I hear Love's name almost as much as Short's.

Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
From what I've read, there is no top-tier OTs coming out in the top of the draft this year.

Both Cam Robinson and Mike McGlinchey should go in the top 15-20.

Quote:

This offense is dependent on a stud RB. Fozzy and CAP are not the answers. Jstew is likely cut after this season and is oft-injured anyway.

Just my .02... but we NEED Fournette. And specifically him. His size and bruising style work great in our system.

RBs can be found down the boards. Unless it's Adrian Peterson, there's no need to draft a back inside of the top-20. Elliot is good, but his oline is absolutely disgusting.

Quote:

The OT position is top priority, yes. But we need that addressed in FA this year. It's gonna cost us... oh god is it ever... but we've got the cap room and it is a no-question top priority. We've got to protect Cam.

OTs in FA are very hard to find. If that was going to be our route, we would have gone hard at Okung this past offseason.

Quote:

DE is a solid #2 position in this years draft and a position that can come in and have an immediate impact, too.

IMO, CJ is done after this year and Ealy may be too. He's not even starting now-a-days.

I also think that Short is gonna have to walk due to his cap figure. He didn't have studs at DE last year either, so that's not an argument, and is underperforming this year... heck, he is just absent. I hear Love's name almost as much as Short's.

CJ has come alive a bit, but unless he takes another extremely cheap deal he's gone. Ealy is exactly what I thought, first round prospect, third round talent. Short may take less money, we'll see.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:

Both Cam Robinson and Mike McGlinchey should go in the top 15-20.

Quote:

RBs can be found down the boards. Unless it's Adrian Peterson, there's no need to draft a back inside of the top-20. Elliot is good, but his oline is absolutely disgusting.

Quote:

OTs in FA are very hard to find. If that was going to be our route, we would have gone hard at Okung this past offseason.

Quote:

CJ has come alive a bit, but unless he takes another extremely cheap deal he's gone. Ealy is exactly what I thought, first round prospect, third round talent. Short may take less money, we'll see.

Best we can do, at this point, is 9-7... worst is 4-12

The way this season has gone, I think it's getting very realistic to expect a record somewhere between 6-10 and 7-9. I doubt we lose out and I doubt we win out. Either way, we would need a lot of help to get into the playoffs.

So, with the above records in mind and trying to think about logical draft position in December... we should be in the top 10 (or bottom 10, depending on your perspective). If the season ended today, we would be picking 8th.

I think we all know what our needs are. I'd rank them:

1. OT
2. DE
3a. RB (see below)
3b. Safety (see below)
4. CB?
5. Everything else...

I say RB due to the assumption that Jstew is gone after this season. Even if he's not, each year we roll the dice with him.

Safety... If it's a stud. 1st round pick guy. I do not value the position higher than RB, though. Much like RB, the front determines success.

Now, I'm all for a DE in the 1st. My reasoning for saying Fournette so adamantly is...

1. I think he IS going to be an AP caliber player. Better than Zeke Elliot. Many who know me on here will attest that I HATE picking a RB higher than the 3ed. I think he is worth it.

2. I see a big difference in our game with a healthy JStew vs. backups. Our offense, last year, was predicated on showing more looks to a defense than anyone else out there. They never knew who was going to run the ball and had to respect every threat... and then we hit them with the play action.

3. I want to win now. DE and RB can contribute immediately. OT's can take time. I'd prefer a vet FA at that position.

It's all just my .02. My money is going to us drafting 5-10 and us drafting fournette.

Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
3. I want to win now. DE and RB can contribute immediately. OT's can take time. I'd prefer a vet FA at that position.

I could get behind that...if we were going into the 2016 offseason again. The only vet OTs that are likely to be available are Matt Kalil and Andre Smith, outside of a 34(35?) year old Wentworth.

We've spent years putting mediocre players on Cam's blindside. His inconsistencies and poor footwork/mechanics are a part of the reason our offense is so inept, but another big chunk is the lack of protection.

Again, if we wanted the vet, Okung was our best option by miles.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:

I could get behind that...if we were going into the 2016 offseason again. The only vet OTs that are likely to be available are Matt Kalil and Andre Smith, outside of a 34(35?) year old Wentworth.

We've spent years putting mediocre players on Cam's blindside. His inconsistencies and poor footwork/mechanics are a part of the reason our offense is so inept, but another big chunk is the lack of protection.

Again, if we wanted the vet, Okung was our best option by miles.

There's a certain allure to have another Kalil on the team

Toughguy77

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Fournette unless we replace our tackles. I'm comfortable with our interior line, but Remmers/Williams/Oher are just not going to cut it going forward.

I would honestly feel bad for any RB in that backfield with who we have on that oline right now. I don't know how exactly we improve this unit through the draft or FA, but it needs to improve ASAP. I'm not pro cutting Stewart by any means, the guy has no blocking with Kalil being out especially.

As for our secondary, Safety is a becoming a bigger need week by week. Tre Boston is looking straight up like a fool out there at times and Coleman is showing his true colors this year(just an average safety). There isn't too much too choose from in the FA pool, mid round draft pick here.

The oline along with Shula must go this offseason. Cam has too many weapons that Shula does not know how to utilize.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks-Jake Bentley watch
Forever To Thee
Lasus83

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
I don't want Fournette unless we replace our tackles. I'm comfortable with our interior line, but Remmers/Williams/Oher are just not going to cut it going forward.

I would honestly feel bad for any RB in that backfield with who we have on that oline right now. I don't know how exactly we improve this unit through the draft or FA, but it needs to improve ASAP. I'm not pro cutting Stewart by any means, the guy has no blocking with Kalil being out especially.

As for our secondary, Safety is a becoming a bigger need week by week. Tre Boston is looking straight up like a fool out there at times and Coleman is showing his true colors this year(just an average safety). There isn't too much too choose from in the FA pool, mid round draft pick here.

The oline along with Shula must go this offseason. Cam has too many weapons that Shula does not know how to utilize.

Trade KB for a solid RT and sign Matt Kalil. There's 2 tackles for ya.

Then, in a all-out madden-style move, we sign Alshon Jeffery (a guy we should drafted anyway) in the offseason... who might come at a cheaper price tag due to the suspension.

THEN.....

Draft Fournette.

Spend picks 2-4 on defensive ends, a FB and Kicker in 5 and 6... then waste the 7th round on some RB/TE that will be cut in training camp.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: