Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers @ Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players look frustrated and are playing that way....

Jeez... do we need to hire SD's OC????
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the poorest run franchise i've ever seen in my life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F OFF OSWEILER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is he throwing the ball to???

F this dude.... Savage should get some burn
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how we barely seem to get the snap off on every play? It's bad enough that the entire building knows we are running on every 1st down and most 2nds, but when we snap it with 1 or 2 seconds on the play clock every time, we are putting our lineman at an incredible disadvantage and letting opponents just fire off the ball with zero chance of being offsides. Ossy seems to be tasked with calling so many dang adjustments at the line that to my eye are completely negated by the utter predictability of when the snap is coming. While it is rather impressive how much is on Ossy's plate pre-snap (assuming all these things have actual meaning unlike Manning's Omaha routine), I don't understand why all these are necessary for an off tackle run. There is a reason we seem to play so much better with tempo and I think part of it is that linemen aren't on their heels getting bull rushed, but get a step to deliver blows themselves. I can't honestly remember us every drawing anyone offsides with a hard count or anything, because it seems like we can barely get the snap off every down.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamar Miller runs best on stretch plays...

OB1: Let's run Miller into the teeth of the D.... they'll never see it coming!
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With ALLLLL that time, NOBODY was open???? I find this hard to believe

And then Ossy throws it a MILE over everybody's head....
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F this guy! Put some touch on the ball.... he throws it is hard as he can at everybody

Starting to remind me of Mallett
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see Kareem shake things up and bring back the unnecessary roughness penalty to his repertoire. He was getting a bit predictable with just the obvious PI's, so knocking off a guys helmet with a hit to the head is refreshing and less subtle. His hold on the team penalty yards lead is a given (75 yds by my count), but he's going to have to diversify with other big chunk penalties like personal fouls to get back to his glory days of 175 yards in automatic first down calls.

Texans02

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we don't get a play off before the 2 min warning. Because why would we. Sigh.

Yes please!
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So onside kick and then a TD... I TOTALLY trust Ossy & OB1 to get that done Rolling Eyes

There's one..... now need the TD in 14 seconds

Oh... and the 2 point conversion
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F Ossy and F OB1's play calling... seriously despite the sunk cost of Ossy, why not give Savage some burn??

If he sucks, go back to Ossy... he ain't going nowhere for this season or next.

He makes too many mistakes and doesn't play well enough to get the team back into contention (well, there was that one time... at band camp / Indy).

Also, I know OB1's mentality is just win the AFC Suc... I mean South. But that's a loser's mentality.

Ok... [end rant]
Texans02

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we chucked the final hail mary into the end zone well before any of our receivers were there.

Yes please!
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
Of course we don't get a play off before the 2 min warning. Because why would we. Sigh.

Perhaps it's because this team (and the bottom rung broadcast team we draw) puts me to sleep, but when did we use all of our timeouts? O'Brien still doesn't seem to be aware that this is a timed sport or that you are supposed to get beyond (or last week well-beyond) first down makers, not just close to them. I know everyone is going to destroy Ossy for his 1 really bad int, but Rivers has made a career out of throwing at least 1 head scratcher per game in his career, but still doing enough to win. Field position change on a play like that (along with the obligatory celebration penalty by dbacks) isn't much different than a punt and is worth the risk when 1st down runs are just setting you up for punts anyway. Play started from our 25 and they got it on their 34 and followed up with a 3 and out and punt-touchback, so it was a 5 yard net loss in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

To me, what is more inforgivable is getting the ball with 1:50 left in the first half in a 14-7 game and getting -8 yards and punting back to SD who fortunately missed a 54 yarder to close the half. 3 plays = 2:00 minutes with :40 play clock UNLESS you stop it with a penalty and burning your own timeout in the shadow of your own endzone. You HAVE to know you get the ball out of halftime and that your team hasn't gone 80 yards in under 2:00 all season. It's the one time running the ball makes sense as if you get lucky and break one for a first down, you have money in the bank and can start using your own timeouts and try to get a cheap field goal to close the half. What you CANNOT do is hold on a pass play, give up a sack, lose 8 yards, and burn only 1:34 and hand your opponent a chance to swing the score to end the half.

O'Brien seems to readily give away 4 or 5 possessions every game either with hyper conservative run-run-5 yard TE pass-punt possessions, terrible timeout/challenge usage, or Kubiakian red zone conservatism. It's one thing to be a ball-control run oriented team, but O'Brien seems to have torn out the entire section of the playbook where you take advantage of opponents stacking the box against you with play action and "shot" plays. I get that Ossy & Fuller haven't given much reason to trust anything beyond underneath stuff to TEs & RBs, but throwing downfield to Fuller was the key play in our only TD drive of the day (along with running Hunt outside). Not only is our offense trailing only SF & LA for worst in the NFL, I would love to see how many of our yards have come on actual scoring drives vs. non productive yards simply wasting away possessions in 8.5 yard increments. Kubiak's penchant for racking up yards between the 20's vs. points was maddening, but O'Brien has got to be on a record setting pace for number of possessions vs. pts. Our defense forces a ridiculous 7 punts per game, yet I'd be shocked if O'Briens team is averaging more than 2 productive drives per game. Despite our conservatism we are also losing the turnover battle by at least 1 every game, so the "hidden" turnovers of empty possessions by O'Brien are a winnable strategy ONLY against mistake prone teams like the garbage in our division and a recipe for perpetual mediocrity.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: