You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: New York Giants @ Cleveland Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
So, how are you guys feeling about going into Pittsburgh this week?

Not that worried. Most of their wins are against losing teams. They're kind of similar to us in that they have a solid defense and a very dangerous offense. If our offense can play to even 80% of their potential, I'm pretty confident. If our offense continues to sputter and put the defense on the field, Ben will light us up.
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Me, I am feeling pretty good about it. How do you feel about the Vikings this Thursday?
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Me, I am feeling pretty good about it. How do you feel about the Vikings this Thursday?

The who? Oh the purple people eaters featuring Sammy B and Jeri M? Yeah they're a warm up for the whooping we're bringing to NJ in a couple weeks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Go_Giants wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

The who? Oh the purple people eaters featuring Sammy B and Jeri M? Yeah they're a warm up for the whooping we're bringing to NJ in a couple weeks

Nice to see you back. Seems like it's been 2 or 3 years. Good timing I suppose.

I think we'll be able to get to Big Ben. He's notorious for hanging onto the ball too long, so if the secondary continues to play solid coverage, our passrushers should get home more than once.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Good timing I suppose.

Noticed that too did you? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Good timing I suppose.

Noticed that too did you? Laughing

I've been here off and on for a few years now, thank you very much - I usually disappear in Dec/Jan and return in Sept - granted more often it's just been reading so I understand the sentiment Wink

Cowboy fandom aside, it's good to see the NFC East doing well again. I obviously want nothing more than the Cowboys to stack rings upon rings, but it's more fun when it's competitive and the NFCE is destroying the other divisions and reclaiming it's title as the Best Division in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
I've been here off and on for a few years now, thank you very much - I usually disappear in Dec/Jan and return in Sept - granted more often it's just been reading so I understand the sentiment Wink

Ahh.. I must have missed your reemergence last year around this time ya know when the Boys were 3-7 or so Wink

MaddHatter wrote:
Cowboy fandom aside, it's good to see the NFC East doing well again. I obviously want nothing more than the Cowboys to stack rings upon rings, but it's more fun when it's competitive and the NFCE is destroying the other divisions and reclaiming it's title as the Best Division in the NFL.

I'm still not sold on this Giants team to be honest. Either they are a good team that just wins ugly or they are a full on pretender. The next two games will tell us all alot.

The defense is impressive, the offense gives me tons of reserve at times. You can get away with 9 punts against a team like Cleveland. Not Pitt/Dallas/Seattle/NE etc. If the offense plays like that the next two weeks they are going to be 8-5 real fast.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im worried about whoever their 3rd WR is and who we have lined up against them. And them of course McAdoo's repetitive play calling
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Ahh.. I must have missed your reemergence last year around this time ya know when the Boys were 3-7 or so Wink

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=19937663

Quote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I'm still not sold on this Giants team to be honest. Either they are a good team that just wins ugly or they are a full on pretender. The next two games will tell us all alot.

The defense is impressive, the offense gives me tons of reserve at times. You can get away with 9 punts against a team like Cleveland. Not Pitt/Dallas/Seattle/NE etc. If the offense plays like that the next two weeks they are going to be 8-5 real fast.

I would agree with your overall assessment - what do you feel is leading to the offenses struggles this season?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=19937663

Meh that was week 2... but I digress

MaddHatter wrote:
I would agree with your overall assessment - what do you feel is leading to the offenses struggles this season?

Lack of running game, offensive gameplanning and playcalling, Jennings is old and slow, Eli has been erratic at times, holding penalties = autopunt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

Lack of running game, offensive gameplanning and playcalling, Jennings is old and slow, Eli has been erratic at times, holding penalties = autopunt

Is it lack of talent in the RB position or is the OL the issue?

Eli's going to Eli but you take the good with the bad with him.

Thought Giants were high on McAdoo - is he still calling the plays despite the promotion or has Sulli taken that job over?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

Thought Giants were high on McAdoo - is he still calling the plays despite the promotion or has Sulli taken that job over?

The O-line is the issue.
Yes Eli is going to be Eli, but few people seem to realize just how much good a job Eli is doing working behind a shaky offensive line.
I see Mcadoo growing as a coach and with our record I can't complain too much about him, yes he is still calling the plays.

Now a question for you, you believe the Cowboys are going to give the Giants a beat down, yet you have the Giants winning 11 games. What are the three teams you see the Giants defeating to get to the 11 wins?
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

MaddHatter wrote:

The O-line is the issue.
Yes Eli is going to be Eli, but few people seem to realize just how much good a job Eli is doing working behind a shaky offensive line.
I see Mcadoo growing as a coach and with our record I can't complain too much about him, yes he is still calling the plays.

Now a question for you, you believe the Cowboys are going to give the Giants a beat down, yet you have the Giants winning 11 games. What are the three teams you see the Giants defeating to get to the 11 wins?

My beatdown comment was in jest as a Rival fan - I would like to think that we will win that game but obviously you've already beat us in our own stadium so who knows.

That being said I think you can win any of your final 5 games - none are massive mismatches like your game last week. I think you can also lose any of the final 5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
The O-line is the issue.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Pass protection wise the Oline has been solid. Now how much of that is due to the West Coast offense and Eli getting the ball out in nanoseconds is certainly debatable. But on a statistical level... pass protection is ranked #2 in the league. Run blocking... not so good.

One thing I noticed on that link. If you scroll to the bottom it has a table that shows run direction disparity. We are second only to Oakland in runs up the middle.. which is probably a product of Mcadoo being in love with the shotgun draw and not having any true FB on the roster. But I wonder at this point if Mcadoo is telegraphing the run game too much and defenses are just crashing the middle.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Go_Giants wrote:
The O-line is the issue.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Pass protection wise the Oline has been solid. Now how much of that is due to the West Coast offense and Eli getting the ball out in nanoseconds is certainly debatable. But on a statistical level... pass protection is ranked #2 in the league. Run blocking... not so good.

One thing I noticed on that link. If you scroll to the bottom it has a table that shows run direction disparity. We are second only to Oakland in runs up the middle.. which is probably a product of Mcadoo being in love with the shotgun draw and not having any true FB on the roster. But I wonder at this point if Mcadoo is telegraphing the run game too much and defenses are just crashing the middle.

Pass protection wise the o-line is above average which is why I said our o-line is shaky not that it flat out sucks. For me there is no debate at all that they are rated #2 is due to Eli getting rid of the ball, not because of the talent of the offensive line.

Just look at the Viking game, Eli was not sacked so if you just took a look at the number it would look like the o-line did great in protecting Eli against the Vikings d-line. Any Giant fan that watched the game saw that if no one was open in 3 seconds are less Eli got rid of the ball like it was a live grenade because he had no faith that his o-line would protect him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: