Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

X(avier) marks the spot!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Do you give Xavier top CB money?

Yes:

Waynes - not reliable
Newman - gone
Captain - gone/decline
Alexander - unknown

[not collecting Marcus Peters, looks like a hard miss]

The Vikes have to. Fortunately, the other 2013 first round picks arent deserving of a significant contract. I don't see why MN couldnt afford to Rhodes top CB money. I'd also bring back Munnerlyn and let Alexander and Waynes compete for the LCB job.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The right to be crowned the NFL's best cornerback is seemingly a popular discussion-point every offseason. It also seems to be a moving target, as a new up-and-comer seems to assert his claim to the throne each season.

Here we will dig into the Next Gen Stats data from every team's No. 1 cornerbacks to find out who the 10 best cover corners were this season.

1) Xavier Rhodes, Minnesota Vikings (39.2 passer rating allowed)
At around the mid-season mark, the Vikings defense was widely regarded as the best unit in the NFL. Minnesota fell off its early-season pace, but still finished third in yards allowed and sixth in scoring defense. One player who never lost momentum was fourth-year cornerback Xavier Rhodes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775730/article/xavier-rhodes-leads-top10-no-1-cornerbacks

Thx to Lil Uno!
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'd have to do it again to be considered the best, but this season was phenomenal. He took on great receivers week in and week out and usually won.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
I think he'd have to do it again to be considered the best, but this season was phenomenal. He took on great receivers week in and week out and usually won.

I'd like to see him do it for a whole 16 games. I'm confident he can do it, he just needs to stay healthy.

those extra development hours worked out though. I was ready to bench him in 2014. Wink

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.

Last edited by vike daddy on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer: The good thing about Xav is that hes a tremendous athlete. Everyone always talks about him, but when they see him in person they say, Man, this guy is tall and thick and has long arms and he can really run. The things that he progressed the most in this year is No. 1, he caught the ball. He wasnt a great ball catcher in the past; that allowed him to get more interceptions and more notoriety and the Pro Bowl and all that. But Xavier had a tendency in the past where each day was kind of a new day. Now I think hes starting to understand the system a little but more. Hes able to rely on his athletic ability a little bit more and isnt thinking about his assignments or things he has to do. I think because he feels comfortable in the system and what were asking him to do, that he can continue to grow. He had the best season hes had since Ive been here.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Zimmer-Still-Targeting-Defensive-Improvements-After-Top-6-Finishes-/7ebb6d21-f8a9-4b66-ac44-ec53050f5fb1?sf58176877=1[/b]

vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Vikings player is likely to sign a lucrative extension this offseason. Sources say the Vikings want to get a deal done with Pro Bowl cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who will make $8.026 million in 2017, the final year of his contract.

Rhodes: I feel like thats going to come. Thats going to happen as long as I continue to work hard and play hard and do the right things, the contract is going to come. Ill leave that to my agent handling his part. Ill be over here handling mine.

Spielman: [Brzezinski and I] were looking at those scenarios and we already have some plans in place because I know we have some significant young guys coming up here in the future. So that process weve already started planning for, but I wont get into specifics of who or what."

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/25/sam-bradford-not-dwelling-on-who-is-the-vikings-qb-of-the-future/

Boda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Another Vikings player is likely to sign a lucrative extension this offseason. Sources say the Vikings want to get a deal done with Pro Bowl cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who will make $8.026 million in 2017, the final year of his contract.

Rhodes: I feel like thats going to come. Thats going to happen as long as I continue to work hard and play hard and do the right things, the contract is going to come. Ill leave that to my agent handling his part. Ill be over here handling mine.

Spielman: [Brzezinski and I] were looking at those scenarios and we already have some plans in place because I know we have some significant young guys coming up here in the future. So that process weve already started planning for, but I wont get into specifics of who or what."

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/25/sam-bradford-not-dwelling-on-who-is-the-vikings-qb-of-the-future/

Good, hopefully this will mean a contract happens soon. Definitely want him signed long term.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they will try and front load the contract, give the team more flexibility down the road when Diggs, Kendricks and Hunter get paid.

Rhodes needs to be a priority resigning.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to be tough to front load when we are going to have to shell out QB money next year; unless we intend on starting over with a rookie.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Going to be tough to front load when we are going to have to shell out QB money next year; unless we intend on starting over with a rookie.

I agree that it might be difficult, especially if they pick up Barr's option as well, as that'll be $12M on top of it. It'll all depend upon the structure, they might make the largest portion of the contract be in Year 2 or 3.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a sweeeet compilation of 2016 Professor X interceptions, passes broken up, and tackles behind or at the line of scrimmage:

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Best_Plays_From_Xavier_Rhodes_In_2016/6fbf66ee-8034-413b-a3dd-37571cd08b99

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: