You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Andy Reid, Bob Sutton and staff need to go. Retire or Fire
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Andy Reid, Bob Sutton and staff need to go. Retire or Fire Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if Andy Reid retires. It also means losing Bob Sutton who really should have been fired after the Colts playoff debacle.

Andy has lost his ability to innovate. He's lost 1/3 of his passing playbook because Andy insists on using Alex Smith who is incapable of throwing the deep routes. Andy can't instruct his receivers to RUN PAST the first down marker before turning to make the catch. This also means Andy is incapable of calling pass plays that fit the down/distance situation.

Andy is a "players coach" which means he's a "nice guy". Well there's times when a HC needs to kick some bu**s and show his players he's got some fire in his belly (unless he doesn't have "the stomach" for it - which the old man doesn't).

There's not any good reasons why this team lost so badly at Pittsburgh (the worst thrashing I can remember) or loses to Tampa Bay AT HOME before another critical yearly visit to Denver. The players were not prepared or properly coached IMO. Mental lapses have increased this year. Concentration and focusing on technique and execution has decreased.

Too many starters that were here when Andy began, are old now and needing replacement on the field. Others have simply shown they don't belong here anymore. It gets worse next season. Jamal Charles, Jeremy Maclin, Knile Davis, Tamba Hali, Frank Zombo and others are guys that shouldn't be here anymore. Sorry if that's callous, but this is a goal oriented business where Chiefs coaches seem to have lost perspective.

Dorsey needs to sweep out this regime and begin again, bringing in a goal oriented coaching staff. Drafting a QB for his new HC should be priority one.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? Confused Rolling Eyes d'oh! Brick wall Shame on you

/End Thread

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?

The only thing I found intriguing is what bu**s means?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
What?

The only thing I found intriguing is what bu**s means?

I also found the bu**s very intriguing...what two letters are we bleeping out?

Have we still not learned over the past few years to not over react?

This is one of the top 5-10 organizations in the NFL the last 4 years. Why would we mess with it?

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expected "homers" to respond first if anyone did. C'mon guys, think inside or outside the box. But don't just react like Jack Nicholson at the end of "Cuckoos Nest".
footballfan81

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where he's coming from. Looking at the team's W-L record is scratching the surface. Dive in deeper and you'll notice Andy continues to mismanage the clock late in games, calls idiotic plays in the red zone, stubbornly sticks with Smith to the detriment of the team, limits the playbook to Smith's "abilities" (passes at or behind the LOS), the team continues to comes out flat at the most inopportune times and plays down to lowly opponents.

I wouldn't go to the extreme and say Reid needs to retire or be fired. But he needs to make a change at the defensive coordinator and QB positions, add some fire / fear to his personality so players stop being comfortable and hold players accountable (including Smith) for their mistakes.

Can someone point me to a specific instance where Andy came out and blamed Smith / held him accountable for a loss when it was obvious Smith was the reason they lost? Smith is too comfortable and knows he has a long leash under this coaching staff.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan: "plays down to lowly opponents"???? You are describing the whole league outside of the Browns...KC actually does that less than most any other teams and HAS stepped up against teams like Sea, NE, and Den recently (as well as beat current #1 seed Oak on the road) and played NE close in the playoffs with all our stars injured.

mayanfootball wrote:
I expected "homers" to respond first if anyone did. C'mon guys, think inside or outside the box. But don't just react like Jack Nicholson at the end of "Cuckoos Nest".

I was thinking outside the box after the moment Pioli traded and signed Cassel and drafted Jackson...that it was already time for them to move on and go in a different direction.

In no way is this time to think outside the box...alot more would have to happen than a bad stretch of play on one side of the ball during a 17 out of 20 winning streak.

KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wait until tomorrow to respond. Have to calm down first.

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
samsel23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Will wait until tomorrow to respond. Have to calm down first.

At least you won't be labeled a homer Laughing

GTFO

Last edited by samsel23 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
wishbone20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him being a players coach is not at all a negative in my mind, his players show up and do their job more often than not. It's the job that he assigns the players that could be a question, I'll agree that his offensive scheme/play calling leaves a bit to be desired frequently.

But let's be honest here, there's no way he should be fired. There's a real chance we're going to win playoff games this year. Calm down, breath, and watch us pound the Donks Sunday

H.S Basketball Coach
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
alot more would have to happen than a bad stretch of play on one side of the ball during a 17 out of 20 winning streak.

So what side of the ball is there a "bad stretch of play"? Defense? Then you'd agree Bob Sutton deserves to watch NFL games at home instead of coaching for the KC Chiefs. Offense? Then you agree Andy Reids' offense sucks too?
And this, IN SPITE of a "17/20" record. Actually, Andy's regular season record is 38-20. Not bad until you remind yourself of the grizzly loses over his tenure.
Andy Reid COULD NEVER BEAT PEYTON MANNING until Peyton's last game in November 2015 (when Manning was hobbled by injuries to ribs and a foot). Manning retired just 3 months later. And yet Peyton Manning could never beat Florida. Huh? What? Yep. That's right. Now why couldn't the "offensive wizard", Andy Reid, conjure up enough coaching to beat Denver and Peyton Manning? Wasn't that his goal? Wasn't that his objective? Wasn't that why he was hired in the first place? HECK YES !!
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Quote:
alot more would have to happen than a bad stretch of play on one side of the ball during a 17 out of 20 winning streak.

So what side of the ball is there a "bad stretch of play"? Defense? Then you'd agree Bob Sutton deserves to watch NFL games at home instead of coaching for the KC Chiefs. Offense? Then you agree Andy Reids' offense sucks too?
And this, IN SPITE of a "17/20" record. Actually, Andy's regular season record is 38-20. Not bad until you remind yourself of the grizzly loses over his tenure.
Andy Reid COULD NEVER BEAT PEYTON MANNING until Peyton's last game in November 2015 (when Manning was hobbled by injuries to ribs and a foot). Manning retired just 3 months later. And yet Peyton Manning could never beat Florida. Huh? What? Yep. That's right. Now why couldn't the "offensive wizard", Andy Reid, conjure up enough coaching to beat Denver and Peyton Manning? Wasn't that his goal? Wasn't that his objective? Wasn't that why he was hired in the first place? HECK YES !!

WOW... I haven't posted in years, but sorry, this is ridiculous. Andy Reid is not the perfect coach, BUT he has won more games than any KC head coach in the first 3 years. That all that needs to be said. He lost to Peyton Manning? Who didn't? Andy Reid/ John Dorsey have had a winning record every year they have been here. Don't forget. We could always go back to Pioli/Cassel.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't forget. We could always go back to Pioli/Cassel.
LOL. I'm not asking that the Chiefs return to HELL.
But Dorsey should be competent enough to know Andy's best days are behind him. I've laid out my reasons why. I'll trust Dorsey to do his homework, "due dilegence" to bring in fresh minds who are hungry to coach a PREPARED winner. The Chiefs have some great building blocks. But we're eating stale biscuits.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He lost to Peyton Manning? Who didn't?
Again, FLORIDA. Hmm, me thinks someone might want to talk the Florida coaching staff at the time........just a thot.

Oh yeah, Denver's division record from 2011 -2015 was 24-6 with KC winning just once in 2011 and 2015.
Denver's overall record was 58-22. So 20 other teams beat them over the same time span (compared to KC's 2 wins even tho KC plays 'em 2x/year). Oh, and KC's record over the same time span? 40-40. UGH

Last edited by mayanfootball on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayanfootball wrote:
Quote:
Don't forget. We could always go back to Pioli/Cassel.
LOL. I'm not asking that the Chiefs return to HELL.
But Dorsey should be competent enough to know Andy's best days are behind him. I've laid out my reasons why.
Quote:
I'll trust Dorsey to do his homework, "due dilegence"
to bring in fresh minds who are hungry to coach a PREPARED winner. The Chiefs have some great building blocks. But we're eating stale biscuits.

Yeah. The fact of the matter is we need to use FIRST ROUND pick on a QB to get to the next level. Every other team in the NFL invests in the QB position, except for apparently us.

Denver- Paxton Lynch 1st round
San Diego- Phillip Rivers- 1st round
Oakland-Derrick Carr Early 2nd round.

The highest pick the chiefs have invested in a QB is 3rd round with Brodie Croyle in what 2006?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: