Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: New Orleans Saints vs LA Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Should be a fun game. You know the Rams will be fired up for this one. Gregg Williams probably wants to stick it to Sean Payton.

Yeah, because it's Sean Payton's fault what happened to them Laughing

I'd say it more has to do with Payton throwing him under the bus in the aftermath of it all.

Well, not that I think Payton should be blameless, but GW probably deserved to be thrown under the bus. Who knows what really happened, and the Saints have definitely paid the price for whatever it was. Totally screwed us for anymore superbowl contention.

The Rams will win anyway, they know how to dominate our o-line.

EDIT your Goff predictions will come true because you know he gets to play the Saints next.

Frankly, this game is a lose-lose for me on Goff. If Goff doesn't tear it up, it'll give people more fuel for their fire. If Goff does tear it up, people will say, "Oh, it's just the Saints."(no offense intended)

I don't know if the Rams will win. I'd say it's a possibility because Fisher needs to win this one to go 7-9. And we all know he loves to go 7-9.

Eh, I don't think it's right to throw GW under the bus. Frankly, I think it was a witch hunt. The Saints weren't the only team using bounties. The NFL punished you guys the way they did for PR purposes.

As for GW, I don't think it's right of Payton, Vitt, and others to pretend that they didn't know what was going on. They tried to pin it all on him. We all know everybody was involved in it.

Yea, maybe. Or maybe Payton really did let GW run his defense and got burned, hence the reason he can't keep out of the way since he returned, as incompetent at defense as he is. Also, I wish Vitt had gotten run off for it as well.

Either way it ticks me off, because the bounties didn't make us a better defense at all, we were bottom half at stopping teams, and it was our ball hawks getting the ball back for Brees that let us go 13-0 and win a superbowl.

This is a NFL locker-room. There's no way something as big as a bounty program is going on without Payton knowing. It's just not possible.

But it doesn't really matter. I'm just saying that Williams seems like the type to hold grudges.

Either ways, good luck on Sunday. I hope it makes for an interesting game. Would love to see a Goff/Brees shootout.

Well, he paid the price for it regardless. And it ruined our franchise during Brees' prime years. I wouldn't say he or we got off easier than GW.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Well, he paid the price for it regardless. And it ruined our franchise during Brees' prime years. I wouldn't say he or we got off easier than GW.

I'm not either. I'm saying GW is still furious that Payton and Vitt tried to put it all on him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck tomorrow guys. Hope we can make it a competitive game.
Breesus mode

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
We're going to lose.

The question is... at 4-6, what record would we have to fall to in order for the Saints to seriously consider moving Payton?

I see 3 very loseable games in Detroit, Arizona and Atlanta. The Rams have always been a thorn in Payton's side and the Bucs are good enough to at least split with us.

5-11 or 6-10 is a very real possibility... however I see 8-8 or 7-9 more likely.

I would move on after this season regardless of the final record tbh, I think its time for a fresh start. Respect the hell out of Payton, but I think its just time to move on.

nd its funny, for as much crap as Fisher gets for going 7-9, Payton is right there with him Laughing Sad

catcheryea wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
you missed a crying jordan in the middle of your sig man.
you missed a bowl game at the end of your season
Breesus mode

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Best of luck tomorrow guys. Hope we can make it a competitive game.

Same, good luck to you too.

catcheryea wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
We're going to lose.

The question is... at 4-6, what record would we have to fall to in order for the Saints to seriously consider moving Payton?

I see 3 very loseable games in Detroit, Arizona and Atlanta. The Rams have always been a thorn in Payton's side and the Bucs are good enough to at least split with us.

5-11 or 6-10 is a very real possibility... however I see 8-8 or 7-9 more likely.

I would move on after this season regardless of the final record tbh, I think its time for a fresh start. Respect the hell out of Payton, but I think its just time to move on.

nd its funny, for as much crap as Fisher gets for going 7-9, Payton is right there with him Laughing Sad

I agree but unfortunately I believe that this team has shown enough fight and potential combined with their injuries this season to give Payton and Brees on last shot in 2017. Allen has this defense playing better and Loomis is bound to feel this team can make a leap next year.

Unless this team completely falls apart over the next 6 weeks... I think it's all but assured Payton is back in 17.

Now don't get me wrong... I think Payton is a great coach, he's just gone stale in NOLA and everyone knows it.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Breesus mode

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
We're going to lose.

I agree but unfortunately I believe that this team has shown enough fight and potential combined with their injuries this season to give Payton and Brees on last shot in 2017. Allen has this defense playing better and Loomis is bound to feel this team can make a leap next year.

Unless this team completely falls apart over the next 6 weeks... I think it's all but assured Payton is back in 17.

Now don't get me wrong... I think Payton is a great coach, he's just gone stale in NOLA and everyone knows it.

Agreed 100%, out of curiosity, if we do fire Payton who would be your ideal replacement.

catcheryea wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
We're going to lose.

Any chance him and Williams can bury the hatchet? If so, send him our way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
We're going to lose.

Agreed 100%, out of curiosity, if we do fire Payton who would be your ideal replacement.

You'd have to understand that if the Saints would fire Payton, you do it not to go out and find a similar guy. You do it to go out to find a guy with a new message. A guy I've really come to like is Tyrel Austin (DC) Detroit Lions... he's a very good defensive coach who's scheme would fit really well with our defensive personal. He's also a guy that connects with his players but isnt one afraid to put them in line when need be.

I think Austin would and will be a great hire whenever he gets his chance and if we fired Payton tomorrow he is who I'd lean toward if I was making the hire.

WHODAT91FOREVER
NS922

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta give Drew Brees credit for still doing these pre-game chants even though the team sucks. After a while I would've been done with that.
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint D immediately making Goff look like MVP.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Saint D immediately making Goff look like MVP.

Rookie QBs love the Saints

WHODAT91FOREVER
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Brees. Don't let this rookie come to our house and show us how it's done.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Good job Brees. Don't let this rookie come to our house and show us how it's done.

I'm all for calling Brees out but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when the best defender in the NFL launches into you and knocks the crap (and the ball) out of you. Lol

WHODAT91FOREVER
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

I'm all for calling Brees out but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt when the best defender in the NFL launches into you and knocks the crap (and the ball) out of you. Lol

I was actually referring to the TD drive. That sack fumble most certainly wasn't on Brees. Our line always gets dominated by the Rams, and that play in particular wasn't much he could do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: