Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: New Orleans Saints vs LA Rams
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
saintsfan


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 5781
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Week 12: New Orleans Saints vs LA Rams Reply with quote

You'd think this should be an easy W against a mediocre team at home, but this season it seems like we've played down (and at times up) to the level of our opponent. ESPN just released their power rankings with the Cowboys, Seahawks, Patriots, Raiders, and Broncos in their top 5. Crazy to think we were two plays away from being 3-0 against 3 of those teams.

Looking for another strong game from our defense against a rookie QB making his second career start. If they can get pressure like they did the past two weeks, Jared Goff will be in trouble. Last week he was 0 for something throwing the ball 10+ yards down field. If we can contain the run and makes stops on the short passes, we should be able to beat them granted our S/T doesn't blow it up for us...again.
_________________


Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fray32


Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 639
Location: The Great White North
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Payton wants to exploit the Rams weaknesses I think he has to play conservatively, trust in the defense, play field position, and make sure Goff has to drive the length of the field to put up any points.

Feels wrong typing that out, but "attacking" good defenses has meant giveaways in recent weeks Confused no shame in a 13-7 type win
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2521
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really haven't played a trash team this year(except 49ers). Our strength of schedule is tough, and every team we've played has been somewhat decent at worst. Even the Panthers, who looked like complete [inappropriate/removed], have gotten better. Broncos, Seahawks, Atlanta, Chiefs, Giants, Raiders. Those are all playoff caliber teams, and some superbowl contenders. We could and should have beaten every one of them, but obviously, since we did not, we clearly aren't a playoff team.

That being said, we could easily lose to a trash team everyone knows this, and Chargers should have beaten us. But I think this team will find a way to win this game, I just don't want to see our o-line dominated like usually happens when we play the Rams.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
biletnikoff


Joined: 20 Jan 2016
Posts: 778
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this will be an easy win. Take the over lol


Saints are going 9-7 and getting a wildcard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2521
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biletnikoff wrote:
this will be an easy win. Take the over lol


Saints are going 9-7 and getting a wildcard


you haven't seen us play the rams lately have you? In 2011 we scored 62 points on a team. The next week, we played the Rams, who hadn't scored 62 all season. Got beat soundly and thoroughly, giving them what i believe was their first win.

In 2013, we were 10-3, got beat by the 5-8 Rams. Again, soundly and thoroughly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fray32


Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 639
Location: The Great White North
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biletnikoff wrote:
this will be an easy win. Take the over lol


Saints are going 9-7 and getting a wildcard
I promise you "easy" is not in this teams vocabulary Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 68966
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a fun game. You know the Rams will be fired up for this one. Gregg Williams probably wants to stick it to Sean Payton.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NS922


Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 11380
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Should be a fun game. You know the Rams will be fired up for this one. Gregg Williams probably wants to stick it to Sean Payton.


Yeah, because it's Sean Payton's fault what happened to them Laughing
_________________
#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 68966
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Should be a fun game. You know the Rams will be fired up for this one. Gregg Williams probably wants to stick it to Sean Payton.


Yeah, because it's Sean Payton's fault what happened to them Laughing


I'd say it more has to do with Payton throwing him under the bus in the aftermath of it all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2521
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Should be a fun game. You know the Rams will be fired up for this one. Gregg Williams probably wants to stick it to Sean Payton.


Yeah, because it's Sean Payton's fault what happened to them Laughing


I'd say it more has to do with Payton throwing him under the bus in the aftermath of it all.


Well, not that I think Payton should be blameless, but GW probably deserved to be thrown under the bus. Who knows what really happened, and the Saints have definitely paid the price for whatever it was. Totally screwed us for anymore superbowl contention.

The Rams will win anyway, they know how to dominate our o-line.

EDIT your Goff predictions will come true because you know he gets to play the Saints next.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 68966
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Should be a fun game. You know the Rams will be fired up for this one. Gregg Williams probably wants to stick it to Sean Payton.


Yeah, because it's Sean Payton's fault what happened to them Laughing


I'd say it more has to do with Payton throwing him under the bus in the aftermath of it all.


Well, not that I think Payton should be blameless, but GW probably deserved to be thrown under the bus. Who knows what really happened, and the Saints have definitely paid the price for whatever it was. Totally screwed us for anymore superbowl contention.

The Rams will win anyway, they know how to dominate our o-line.

EDIT your Goff predictions will come true because you know he gets to play the Saints next.


Frankly, this game is a lose-lose for me on Goff. If Goff doesn't tear it up, it'll give people more fuel for their fire. If Goff does tear it up, people will say, "Oh, it's just the Saints."(no offense intended)

I don't know if the Rams will win. I'd say it's a possibility because Fisher needs to win this one to go 7-9. And we all know he loves to go 7-9.

Eh, I don't think it's right to throw GW under the bus. Frankly, I think it was a witch hunt. The Saints weren't the only team using bounties. The NFL punished you guys the way they did for PR purposes.

As for GW, I don't think it's right of Payton, Vitt, and others to pretend that they didn't know what was going on. They tried to pin it all on him. We all know everybody was involved in it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2521
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Should be a fun game. You know the Rams will be fired up for this one. Gregg Williams probably wants to stick it to Sean Payton.


Yeah, because it's Sean Payton's fault what happened to them Laughing


I'd say it more has to do with Payton throwing him under the bus in the aftermath of it all.


Well, not that I think Payton should be blameless, but GW probably deserved to be thrown under the bus. Who knows what really happened, and the Saints have definitely paid the price for whatever it was. Totally screwed us for anymore superbowl contention.

The Rams will win anyway, they know how to dominate our o-line.

EDIT your Goff predictions will come true because you know he gets to play the Saints next.


Frankly, this game is a lose-lose for me on Goff. If Goff doesn't tear it up, it'll give people more fuel for their fire. If Goff does tear it up, people will say, "Oh, it's just the Saints."(no offense intended)

I don't know if the Rams will win. I'd say it's a possibility because Fisher needs to win this one to go 7-9. And we all know he loves to go 7-9.

Eh, I don't think it's right to throw GW under the bus. Frankly, I think it was a witch hunt. The Saints weren't the only team using bounties. The NFL punished you guys the way they did for PR purposes.

As for GW, I don't think it's right of Payton, Vitt, and others to pretend that they didn't know what was going on. They tried to pin it all on him. We all know everybody was involved in it.


Yea, maybe. Or maybe Payton really did let GW run his defense and got burned, hence the reason he can't keep out of the way since he returned, as incompetent at defense as he is. Also, I wish Vitt had gotten run off for it as well.

Either way it ticks me off, because the bounties didn't make us a better defense at all, we were bottom half at stopping teams, and it was our ball hawks getting the ball back for Brees that let us go 13-0 and win a superbowl.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Breesus mode


Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Posts: 7181
Location: Tucson Arizona
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going to lose.
_________________

catcheryea wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
you missed a crying jordan in the middle of your sig man.
you missed a bowl game at the end of your season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5157
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
We're going to lose.


The question is... at 4-6, what record would we have to fall to in order for the Saints to seriously consider moving Payton?

I see 3 very loseable games in Detroit, Arizona and Atlanta. The Rams have always been a thorn in Payton's side and the Bucs are good enough to at least split with us.

5-11 or 6-10 is a very real possibility... however I see 8-8 or 7-9 more likely.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 68966
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
NS922 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Should be a fun game. You know the Rams will be fired up for this one. Gregg Williams probably wants to stick it to Sean Payton.


Yeah, because it's Sean Payton's fault what happened to them Laughing


I'd say it more has to do with Payton throwing him under the bus in the aftermath of it all.


Well, not that I think Payton should be blameless, but GW probably deserved to be thrown under the bus. Who knows what really happened, and the Saints have definitely paid the price for whatever it was. Totally screwed us for anymore superbowl contention.

The Rams will win anyway, they know how to dominate our o-line.

EDIT your Goff predictions will come true because you know he gets to play the Saints next.


Frankly, this game is a lose-lose for me on Goff. If Goff doesn't tear it up, it'll give people more fuel for their fire. If Goff does tear it up, people will say, "Oh, it's just the Saints."(no offense intended)

I don't know if the Rams will win. I'd say it's a possibility because Fisher needs to win this one to go 7-9. And we all know he loves to go 7-9.

Eh, I don't think it's right to throw GW under the bus. Frankly, I think it was a witch hunt. The Saints weren't the only team using bounties. The NFL punished you guys the way they did for PR purposes.

As for GW, I don't think it's right of Payton, Vitt, and others to pretend that they didn't know what was going on. They tried to pin it all on him. We all know everybody was involved in it.


Yea, maybe. Or maybe Payton really did let GW run his defense and got burned, hence the reason he can't keep out of the way since he returned, as incompetent at defense as he is. Also, I wish Vitt had gotten run off for it as well.

Either way it ticks me off, because the bounties didn't make us a better defense at all, we were bottom half at stopping teams, and it was our ball hawks getting the ball back for Brees that let us go 13-0 and win a superbowl.


This is a NFL locker-room. There's no way something as big as a bounty program is going on without Payton knowing. It's just not possible.

But it doesn't really matter. I'm just saying that Williams seems like the type to hold grudges.

Either ways, good luck on Sunday. I hope it makes for an interesting game. Would love to see a Goff/Brees shootout.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group