Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Talk - 2016 is over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
This is why I hold out hope we trade McCarron for a high second rounder (most likely one of the teams in the top 6 who don't like any of the QBs in this year's class enough to grab one).

...couple of questions 'INB'.....

1) Now the season is done; do we give McCarron the keys the rest of the way to 'showcase' him to other teams ?

2) Dre Kirkpatrick. Do/ should we re-sign him or not ? If not another 1st round corner is surely on the cards ?

3) Assuming we end up picking somewhere in the #10-15 range; whats the likelihood of us trading down ?

1. No. Both of the upcoming opponents will crowd the line. They are good defenses and have a lot to play for. Playing McCarron might increase his value, but it might decrease it too. he played well enough last year to set his value. Now, if they are talking to teams now about future trades, maybe you have to showcase them for more value.

Besides, i want to see the young WRs still working with the QB for next year.

2. I re-sign him for up to $7-8 million, but not more. I'd rather have him than a future comp pick, who realistically won't be drafted for two years and will sit on the bench three more.

3. trading down all depends on who is gone and who is left. If the top 3 DEs are gone, Foster is gone, and whatever WR they covet is gone, then do it. If they are there, stay put. Quality over quantity this year, even with 11-12 picks.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. In no way do we play McCarron over Dalton the last 2 games. It wouldn't help much and that is definitely not our MO

2. I can see either at this point. We need to pay Whit and Zeitler for sure over Dre IMO. He can be a good cover corner, but with absolutely zero pass rush it makes it difficult for our guys to cover all day.

3. I think we are always willing to listen, but doubt we trade down just to trade down. As INbengalfan points out, if the guys on our board are not there, we will trade down for sure

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few prospects I want to see in a Bengal uniform:

1. Reuben Foster LB
2.. Corey Davis WR
3. Curtis Samuel WR/RB
4. Taco Charlton DE
5. DeDe Westbrook WR

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyone's thoughts on Corey Davis. I think he's gonna be a stud.

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
What's everyone's thoughts on Corey Davis. I think he's gonna be a stud.

I don't think it's worth using a top 10 pick on a WR. Unless they are Megatron, Green, or Julio level. Which from what I've seen he isn't. If we're going to go with a skill position player give me Davin Cook or Fournette instead...
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

1. Reuben Foster LB
2.. Corey Davis WR
3. Curtis Samuel WR/RB
4. Taco Charlton DE
5. DeDe Westbrook WR

Add the following for me:

Cam Robinson
Antonio Garcia
Stacey Cooley
The DE from Villanova whose name I can't spell
Forest Lamp
Jonathan Allen (pipe dream)

What do you guys think about possibly trading up for Jonathan Allen?
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

1. Reuben Foster LB
2.. Corey Davis WR
3. Curtis Samuel WR/RB
4. Taco Charlton DE
5. DeDe Westbrook WR

Cam Robinson
Antonio Garcia
Stacey Cooley
Forest Lamp

I would honestly rather sit pretty and take Barnett

Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

1. Reuben Foster LB
2.. Corey Davis WR
3. Curtis Samuel WR/RB
4. Taco Charlton DE
5. DeDe Westbrook WR

Cam Robinson
Antonio Garcia
Stacey Cooley
Forest Lamp

I would honestly rather sit pretty and take Barnett

I'd happily take any of them, or Myles Garret or Reben Foster and feel pretty stoked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals officially picking 9th. I'd be targeting Derek Barnett, Rueben Foster, or Jabrill Peppers. Barnett would fill biggest need but Foster would add much needed speed/athleticism to the linebacking corps. Peppers is a bit of a LB/S hybrid, which will scare some teams away, but he would not only add the speed/athleticism component to the team, but also greatly aid in the return game. He would also likely be a big help covering TEs, something this team has struggled with for years.

Any of those three, please. Here's to hoping we can trade McCarron for a 2nd and add another impact talent.

Biggest needs heading into the offseason, imo (assuming we re-sign Whitworth and Zeitler):

DE
LB
OC
WR
DT
RB (especially if Rex leaves)

We have a great opportunity to restock the cupboard. We can't afford to blow this draft.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming nothing crazy happens as these late games come to an end, it looks like the Bengals will be getting the 9th pick in the draft. Was hoping they would lose to get a higher pick, but can't really complain about this pick.

Not excited about the draft though for one of two reason. 1.The Bengals don't do a good job when it comes to 1st round picks. 2.The last time they had the 9th pick in the draft, they drafted Keith Rivers.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
Bengals officially picking 9th. I'd be targeting Derek Barnett, Rueben Foster, or Jabrill Peppers. Barnett would fill biggest need but Foster would add much needed speed/athleticism to the linebacking corps. Peppers is a bit of a LB/S hybrid, which will scare some teams away, but he would not only add the speed/athleticism component to the team, but also greatly aid in the return game. He would also likely be a big help covering TEs, something this team has struggled with for years.

Any of those three, please. Here's to hoping we can trade McCarron for a 2nd and add another impact talent.

Biggest needs heading into the offseason, imo (assuming we re-sign Whitworth and Zeitler):

DE
LB
OC
WR
DT
RB (especially if Rex leaves)

We have a great opportunity to restock the cupboard. We can't afford to blow this draft.

I honestly dont see us trading McCarron this offseason.

Guys I want at 9 are Barnett, Foster or a DE if one is worth that pick (havent looked into it too much). besides that, there isnt anyone I really want.

I am not a huge Peppers fan. He is not a great coverage guy, so I dont see him as a fixture for the defense. if we go LB, give me Foster or no one.

In the end, DE is our biggest need. We desperately need to resign Whit and we should resign Zeitler.

At this point, we should pay Dre, but we have so much depth behind him I am not sure we will.

Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 9th overall pick in the draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...

We know they won't go QB.

As willing as I am to let Hill go, they won't, so Cook and Fournette are likely not in play. Cook would be a fun toy though.

Williams and Ross are the only WRs I'd consider in 1, and as much as I like what Ross would add, I think he'd be a reach.

No guards or centers worth 9.

Given how recently they drafted Ced and Fisher, I don't know if they would take Robinson. And Robinson has mixed grades right now.

No TE worth 9 and I don't see a TE before the 4th round anyway. (But if Butt is still there in 4 or 5 after his ACL I'd think long and hard.)

Of course K and P are not considerations at 9, and P not at all.

Currently 5 DEs are potential top 10 picks. Forget Garrett and Allen. That leaves Thomas, Charlton and Barnett. The only one I have seen much of is Taco. Barnett's stock is more up and down than an elevator. I haven't seen Thomas at all. I'm not sold on any of them enough to take at 9. Honestly, I'd love to get Walker in 2.

Only 1 DT currently is in that range. And I'm not sure McDowell is a DT for us.

Tim Williams is a guy I wouldn't mind at 9. Where does Peppers play? I think his best position might be SS. But he is a punk, and honestly he's been better as a returner and gadget offensive player than I have seen of him on D.

Right now Foster is the top of my wish list. I wasn't at all impressed in what I saw of Cunningham. Right now no other ILB is in the conversation.

Only 1 safety currently in the draft (other than Peppers) is in that range. If Hooker declares I think he'd be up there too. But realistically, will the Bengals consider a S at 9? I seriously doubt it.

And then we have CBs Humphrey and Tabor, neither of which have I seen enough of to judge. CB might be in play if they are unable to re-sign Dre. And Dre has developed into a good CB.

The 7 guys bolded I think are realistic options based on current rankings.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams, any of the DE you listed and Foster are my list. Beyond that, pass IMO

Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
With the 9th overall pick in the draft the Cincinnati Bengals select...

We know they won't go QB.

As willing as I am to let Hill go, they won't, so Cook and Fournette are likely not in play. Cook would be a fun toy though.

Williams and Ross are the only WRs I'd consider in 1, and as much as I like what Ross would add, I think he'd be a reach.

No guards or centers worth 9.

Given how recently they drafted Ced and Fisher, I don't know if they would take Robinson. And Robinson has mixed grades right now.

No TE worth 9 and I don't see a TE before the 4th round anyway. (But if Butt is still there in 4 or 5 after his ACL I'd think long and hard.)

Of course K and P are not considerations at 9, and P not at all.

Currently 5 DEs are potential top 10 picks. Forget Garrett and Allen. That leaves Thomas, Charlton and Barnett. The only one I have seen much of is Taco. Barnett's stock is more up and down than an elevator. I haven't seen Thomas at all. I'm not sold on any of them enough to take at 9. Honestly, I'd love to get Walker in 2.

Only 1 DT currently is in that range. And I'm not sure McDowell is a DT for us.

Tim Williams is a guy I wouldn't mind at 9. Where does Peppers play? I think his best position might be SS. But he is a punk, and honestly he's been better as a returner and gadget offensive player than I have seen of him on D.

Right now Foster is the top of my wish list. I wasn't at all impressed in what I saw of Cunningham. Right now no other ILB is in the conversation.

Only 1 safety currently in the draft (other than Peppers) is in that range. If Hooker declares I think he'd be up there too. But realistically, will the Bengals consider a S at 9? I seriously doubt it.

And then we have CBs Humphrey and Tabor, neither of which have I seen enough of to judge. CB might be in play if they are unable to re-sign Dre. And Dre has developed into a good CB.

The 7 guys bolded I think are realistic options based on current rankings.

This is a good post, though I view Peppers differently.

I would have to think that Barnett is in play at 9 though. Most mocks have him going to us right now and he would fill arguably our biggest need.

Barnett is probably the best fit for talent/need right now, IMO, but I also really like Foster. Guy is crazy athletic, fast, and does pretty much everything you want in a LB. Great against the run, can cover, good at blitzing, etc. I wouldn't be shocked if he goes before 9. I think he's the best LB to in the draft (sans a healthy Jaylon Smith last year) since Luke Kuechly (I consider Mack and Barr to be more pass-rushers than pure LBs). Foster would be a great pick, though we'd really need to get another edge rusher in free agency or the 2nd round.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about offering McCarron and a mid round pick to the Jets for Sheldon Richardson, allowing us to zero in on Foster?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: