Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Talk - 2016 is over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
Quote:
Alabama LB Reuben Foster will visit Colts, Bengals, Saints, Lions, Titans and Ravens, according to Josh Norris.
This is added to the Chiefs and Jaguars visits. Teams do not have a complete evaluation on Foster thanks top his early exit at the Combine, along with private team interviews. Foster is competing with Haason Reddick to be the first linebacker off the board.

I'd still like Foster if the top 3 DEs are gone.

For some reason, I feel our 9th pick will be a former Crimson Tide player: Allen, Foster, or Howard. I'd add Davis myself, but with the depth at WR, we can move in other directions at #9

Rueben Foster will be an absolute stud in the NFL. Only hesitation with him in long term health.

johndeere1707 wrote:
What is everyone's thoughts on Ethan Pocic. I see him mocked to us quite frequently in the 3rd/4th rounds, but I think he is too tall to play C. He's like 6'7''. Unless you have a tall QB I can't see that being a good thing

Tall interior linemen (guard or center) probably isn't good for us. I'm on board with your thinking here...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
What is everyone's thoughts on Ethan Pocic. I see him mocked to us quite frequently in the 3rd/4th rounds, but I think he is too tall to play C. He's like 6'7''. Unless you have a tall QB I can't see that being a good thing

I don't love him as a prospect, just love the idea of trying to upgrade C. Give me Eflein in the 3rd all day

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bengals acquired DE Chris Smith from the Jaguars in exchange for a 2018 conditional draft pick.
The 2018 pick likely is contingent on Smith making the roster. A fifth-round pick in 2014, Smith has the athletic profile of an edge rusher, but he has just 4.5 sacks in 19 career appearances. Still, he is a nice flier for a team in need of pass rushers.

kmkzithndrkttns

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Quote:
Bengals acquired DE Chris Smith from the Jaguars in exchange for a 2018 conditional draft pick.
The 2018 pick likely is contingent on Smith making the roster. A fifth-round pick in 2014, Smith has the athletic profile of an edge rusher, but he has just 4.5 sacks in 19 career appearances. Still, he is a nice flier for a team in need of pass rushers.

At least the FO is doing homework on other teams these days. They at least did one thing slightly forward thinking this offseason.
KennyBania

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Ross visited the Bengals facilities recently. Hopefully this is a smoke and mirrors move by our FO. We were heavily linked to Will Fuller last draft so it doesn't surprise me to target a similar player. I'd much prefer Corey Davis if we go the receiver route though; he's much more complete and still threatens deep. Players like Ross aren't worth a first round pick in my opinion, let alone top 10.

The board is wide open at 9 right now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
What do you think the chances are one of the top 3 WRs fall into round 2? If let's say Corey Davis or John Ross are sitting there at 33, would you trade McCarron straight up for 33?

No, not at 33. 32 or 34 but not to Cleveland.

Also the Bengals won't trade AJ unless they get a deal that knocks their socks off.

If you think you are a playoff capable team a good backup QB has more value than the draft picks you could get for him in a reasonable deal. So they will have to get much more than he is "really" worth to trade him.

Deja vu all over again ?

Hue Jackson once called Mike Brown about a trade for Carson Palmer; which parlayed into two picks resulting in Dre Kirkpatrick and Gio Bernard. That was widely considered a 'blockbuster' trade, which The Bengals seem to have 'won'.

If Cleveland called, offering #12 and #32 for AJ McCarron, would you accept ?

I suspect Mike Brown wouldn't....... he'd want a lot more from a divisional rival.......

LOL come on man, are you kidding?

I'd imagine we'd let McCarron go the 33rd pick; which is essentially a late first rounder. Let alone 12 and 33. Mike Brown is cheap, outdated, and stubborn but he isn't stupid.

We're talking about a fifth round pick QB who has some nice potential, not a former first overall pick and established NFL starter. Palmer and McCarron are incomparable.

Mike Brown isn't stupid; and I very much doubt he'd accept #33 from CLE for McCarron; and I doubt he'd accept #12 alone either.

It isn't Mike Browns' job to make a divisional rival better. Who's backing up Dalton this year if we trade him ? Driskel hasn't snapped a ball yet, so even if we draft a guy, our back-up will have had zero NFL snaps. Brown will not want to pay much more than he pays McCarron to a vet FA like Kaepernick/ Cutler/ Fitzpatrick/ Gabbert/ Thad Lewis etc etc.

He'll be looking at the recent trades for QB's like Sam Bradford, Wentz and others and look at comparative value. He'll also look at McCarron being a RFA next off-season with a likely 1st round tender, and conclude that its better to keep AJ for another year and tender him next year, than accepting a 2nd round pick this year.

I very much doubt we'll trade AJM this year...... IMO it'll take something special to prize AJM from The Bengals this year.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

I don't love him as a prospect, just love the idea of trying to upgrade C. Give me Eflein in the 3rd all day

Definitely agree with Elflein over Pocic; I'd be happy with Elflein @ #41.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
Any interest in Sheldon Richardson?

I would be. But not at a high price.

Don't see us making a move for Sheldon Richardson.

He'd be in the fight for a spot backing up Geno, and we already have DeShawn Williams and Marcus Hardison in that particular queue.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KennyBania wrote:
John Ross visited the Bengals facilities recently. Hopefully this is a smoke and mirrors move by our FO. We were heavily linked to Will Fuller last draft so it doesn't surprise me to target a similar player. I'd much prefer Corey Davis if we go the receiver route though; he's much more complete and still threatens deep. Players like Ross aren't worth a first round pick in my opinion, let alone top 10.

I wouldn't hate the pick TBH. I've watched a lot of Ross and he's pretty darn good. If we could trade down a few spots and still get him I'd be fully on board.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
KennyBania wrote:

I wouldn't hate the pick TBH. I've watched a lot of Ross and he's pretty darn good. If we could trade down a few spots and still get him I'd be fully on board.

I don't love drafting a WR in one, but I do like all 3 of those guys, so I would be excited for what they bring if they get called. Ross is a much better receiver than Fuller from what I've seen. His size makes me doubt the pick, but hell make an impact in the league, no doubt.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could have seen more of Cody Core last year to determine if a Rd 1 received is necessary. In the little he played, he looked like a dynamic outside threat. Enough so that i think if the Bengals roll with what they have, he'll start the season as the #4 and gradually take some snaps away from Lafell as the season wears on.

Count me as one of the guys who doesn't want to see a Rd 1 receiver. I won't complain if it does happen, but it pretty much guarantees that Core is never going to get a shot. At least not until it's too late, ala Burkhead.

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, at this point, the only pick that would make me upset is probably Jabril Peppers. Literally, anyone else we've been linked to at #9 I would be fine with...
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Honestly, at this point, the only pick that would make me upset is probably Jabril Peppers. Literally, anyone else we've been linked to at #9 I would be fine with...

They need immediate help with the #9 pick. I can't imagine taking a project that high. I think Peppers is more of a late Rd 1 pick. The potential is there, but his college team didn't do him any favors with how he was used.

~T.S. Eliot
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ohio State CB Gareon Conley met with the Jets and visited the Jaguars and Bengals last week.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora is hearing that Conley could crack the top-10 later this month. "Conley has always been a first-round corner, and I understand why he is the top guy on some boards," an NFL source told La Canfora. "He may not be as flashy as some of the other corners, and maybe the upside isn't quite as high, but neither is the risk. This is a clean player who started for two years and who made big plays in big games. There is a lot to like." La Canfora's report included the nugget that the Panthers, Browns, Eagles, Bengals, Lions, Titans, Saints and Jets are "among those quite interested" in Conley's services. The top-10 is a real possibility, while the No. 14 slot is our humble guess for Conley's draft floor.

theJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Quote:
Ohio State CB Gareon Conley met with the Jets and visited the Jaguars and Bengals last week.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora is hearing that Conley could crack the top-10 later this month. "Conley has always been a first-round corner, and I understand why he is the top guy on some boards," an NFL source told La Canfora. "He may not be as flashy as some of the other corners, and maybe the upside isn't quite as high, but neither is the risk. This is a clean player who started for two years and who made big plays in big games. There is a lot to like." La Canfora's report included the nugget that the Panthers, Browns, Eagles, Bengals, Lions, Titans, Saints and Jets are "among those quite interested" in Conley's services. The top-10 is a real possibility, while the No. 14 slot is our humble guess for Conley's draft floor.

Oh, another corner. Great.

~T.S. Eliot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: