Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Talk - 2016 is over
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Bengals met with Mixon

We tend to do our homework on these guys (ig. Dorial Green-Beckham, Josh Shaw).

We were 1 of 4 teams to meet with him prior to his pro day today. I am so torn on him. On 1 note, I really want a RB with his talent. On the other note, I want to move on from Jones and stay away from character guys like this. Not sure which way I will lean if we draft him.

Easy. If we draft him, you'll be glad we got a talented player. If W don't, you'll be glad we avoided a bad character. Duh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Bengals met with Mixon

We were 1 of 4 teams to meet with him prior to his pro day today. I am so torn on him. On 1 note, I really want a RB with his talent. On the other note, I want to move on from Jones and stay away from character guys like this. Not sure which way I will lean if we draft him.

Easy. If we draft him, you'll be glad we got a talented player. If W don't, you'll be glad we avoided a bad character. Duh.

Duh...what was i thinking. Until he pulls and Odell Thurman and shows how talented he is for the bengals then throws it all away with stupidity

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Soloman Thomas would be a great pick for us. Had a great combine.

Reuben Foster, Soloman Thomas, cough*Jon Allen*cough. I would be thrilled with any of those at #9. tbh, I would be happy with Sidney Jones as well. Hate to draft another 1st round corner but I like him...

Crazy, after the combine, Foster and Allen are apparently falling while Thomas flew up. People dont think he will be available at 9...

Corey Davis is my pick

I didn't think Thomas was going to be there at 9 before the combine.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Bengals met with Mixon

If he's there in the 4th round, I'd be fine with drafting him. In the 3rd, is iffy.

btw, didn't Jeremy Hill knock a dude out in a bar fight in college as well? Granted Mixon hit a girl, but two RBs that knocked people out in college on the same team would be....interesting...
HangOnSloopy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill sucker punched a guy in a parking lot. There was a clear video. Les Miles let the team vote whether or not he should return. The whole thing was a joke. I was so pissed when we took him over Hyde, then Hill came out on fire. We forget things quickly when these guys perform.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Bengals met with Mixon

If he's there in the 4th round, I'd be fine with drafting him. In the 3rd, is iffy.

btw, didn't Jeremy Hill knock a dude out in a bar fight in college as well? Granted Mixon hit a girl, but two RBs that knocked people out in college on the same team would be....interesting...

I think I agree, but I dont know. I get people should get a 2nd chance and this happened 3 years ago so I might be ok with it. But behind this O line, he would get killed anyway

theJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i thinks shakes out of this Whitworth disaster is that the Bengals should put less of a focus on finding a speed WR. There won't be such thing as taking a top off a defense when the average time until pressure is 1.5 seconds.

If anything they're going to need another slot WR.

And i would definitely try to bring back Burkhead now and promise him a feature role. Scat backs/versatile players like him become very valuable behind poor lines because there are ways to get him the ball in space and let him create plays. Looks to the Patriots for good examples with their RB's.

~T.S. Eliot
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HangOnSloopy wrote:
Hill sucker punched a guy in a parking lot. There was a clear video. Les Miles let the team vote whether or not he should return. The whole thing was a joke. I was so pissed when we took him over Hyde, then Hill came out on fire. We forget things quickly when these guys perform.

We do forget things quickly... Like how Hill was almost charged with sexual assault (he got some BS misdemeanor) his senior year of HS for forcing a 14 year old girl to go down on him and his friend. That to me is inexplicably a more serious crime than what Mixon did. Hill should honestly be in prison right now.

I don't care if we draft Mixon. If he performs like a top 10 back this thing will blow over quicker than it blew up.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong possibility no QB goes in the top 10 this year, which will suck for us at 9. I'm starting to think Fournette could be a real possibility

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Strong possibility no QB goes in the top 10 this year, which will suck for us at 9. I'm starting to think Fournette could be a real possibility

Not behind this o-line, which is truly offensive.

I would think we'd be more inclined to reach for a guy like Taco if the blue chip DEs are all gone. Besides, Carolina is still at #8
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

I would think we'd be more inclined to reach for a guy like Taco if the blue chip DEs are all gone. Besides, Carolina is still at #8

I don't know. I don't think we reach for any need. I can see our coaches thinking that having Fournette will make our O line better. But who knows

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

I don't know. I don't think we reach for any need. I can see our coaches thinking that having Fournette will make our O line better. But who knows

Well, it has been reported that we just met with Mixon, again
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Well, it has been reported that we just met with Mixon, again

Doing the background work. Not a big deal IMO

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Bengals met with Mixon

Yeah; we're happy to have idiots like Mixon, Pacman & Burfict on the team, but let guys like Zeitler & Whitworth go. I suspect it might be a factor why Whit was OK leaving; he was tired of the idiots.

What Mixon did was inexcusable, but then again he was only 18 at the time, and hopefully he's grown up some. Its not as if its gonna reflect badly on The Bengals in the national press, our reputation is as low as it can go anyways.

Having a better squad of RB's might help our run game; taking some pressure off that young OL......
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
Bengals met with Mixon

Yeah; we're happy to have idiots like Mixon, Pacman & Burfict on the team, but let guys like Zeitler & Whitworth go. I suspect it might be a factor why Whit was OK leaving; he was tired of the idiots.

What Mixon did was inexcusable, but then again he was only 18 at the time, and hopefully he's grown up some. Its not as if its gonna reflect badly on The Bengals in the national press, our reputation is as low as it can go anyways.

Having a better squad of RB's might help our run game; taking some pressure off that young OL......

Dude, have a beer. Whitworth has already come out and said he left for the money, that he wrestled with it, but that this is his last contract, so he wanted to cash in while he could. He sought the interview out, so it's not like he was trying to hide his true feelings on the matter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: