Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Talk - 2016 is over
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Draft Talk - 2016 is over Reply with quote

I figured I would get the ball rolling on a dedicated draft talk thread so theJ won't yell at us for hijacking the GDT Laughing

My preference as it's been for a while is to invest in the trenches. On defense Geno plays well most of the time and every single other player is replaceable/upgradeable IMO. Defensive End or a quality DT with our first round pick is my preference.

On offense, I don't think we need to invest in skill position players early. We can roll with who we have and draft mid-round/late-round players to fill in backup roles. The OLine is really the only position on offense that I would draft early.

Rounds 1-3 should be dedicated to the trenches in this next draft. My one exception is a stud LB like Reuben Foster...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with D line and LB. On offense we need a speed receiver in the 4th or so and another RB late. Other than that O line is the only other Offensive position I expect us to look at.

Otherwise, invest heavily in defense.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake me up in September. Crying or Very sad

~T.S. Eliot
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My draft needs:

1. DE x 2
2. OT (Unless you think Ogbuehi/Fisher can be our future starters, Shocked )
3. C
4. Speed WR
5. MLB
6. CB
7. RB

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on whether we admit that avoiding free agency for comp picks is a good idea or not.

Really hoping this year we go out and sign a plug and play guy for the offensive line, in addition to re-signing Zeitler.

Priorities:
1. DE
2. OL
3. #2 WR
4. LBs
5. another DE
6. kicker

Maybe we start with the mocks. I did the one a few weeks ago while bored. I might m,ake a few changes, but now it's all about next year.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO the #1 need is a LB. I mentioned in the GBT that I wanted Peppers, but not to play at S. He can also play LB.

I see DE as a need as well, but only if they end up cutting Michael Johnson.

Drafting a C would be nice, however I think the team is going to stick with Bodine.

Free agency will play a part as well though. The following free agents:

RB: Rex Burkhead, Cedric Peerman
WR: Brandon Lafell
OT: Andrew Whitworth, Eric Winston
OG: Kevin Zeitler
C: T.J Johnson
DE: Margus Hunt
DT: Domata Peko, Brandon Thompson
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick, Chykie Brown
K: Mike Nugent

Whitworth, Zeitler, and Kirkpatrick are the most important free agents
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Draft Talk - 2016 is over Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I figured I would get the ball rolling on a dedicated draft talk thread so theJ won't yell at us for hijacking the GDT Laughing

My preference as it's been for a while is to invest in the trenches. On defense Geno plays well most of the time and every single other player is replaceable/upgradeable IMO. Defensive End or a quality DT with our first round pick is my preference.

On offense, I don't think we need to invest in skill position players early. We can roll with who we have and draft mid-round/late-round players to fill in backup roles. The OLine is really the only position on offense that I would draft early.

Rounds 1-3 should be dedicated to the trenches in this next draft. My one exception is a stud LB like Reuben Foster...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This just in......

''Lewis said despite missing three of his six PATs and both on Sunday, the Bengals are sticking with kicker Mike Nugent. Lewis says hes more comfortable with Nugent working through his problems with special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons than putting a new kicker into a play-off run''

....clearly coach thinks we still have a shot at the play-offs !!!!

Whats more likely, we win out and make the play-offs @ 9-6-1, or Marvin gets fired ?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Talk - 2016 is over Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

This just in......

''Lewis said despite missing three of his six PATs and both on Sunday, the Bengals are sticking with kicker Mike Nugent. Lewis says hes more comfortable with Nugent working through his problems with special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons than putting a new kicker into a play-off run''

....clearly coach thinks we still have a shot at the play-offs !!!!

Whats more likely, we win out and make the play-offs @ 9-6-1, or Marvin gets fired ?

What do you want him to say? that we are packing it in, throwing the games so that Mike Brown has to pay out more for draft picks?
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:

If you throw in Burkhead, those are the only guys I want back anyway.

As for Johnson, he still has a little juice left, so let's draft a DE high in the first and let them rotate.

I seriously hope we sign another starting OL in free agency too, in addition to Zeitler. Having Ogbuehi actually get reps in training camp will be huge in his development. he has yet to really do that.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Talk - 2016 is over Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
What do you want him to say? that we are packing it in, throwing the games so that Mike Brown has to pay out more for draft picks?

He didn't really have to mention playoffs. Could have just said trying to win the next game. Because that's probably what they should focus on. This focus on the playoffs all year clearly hasn't panned out.

~T.S. Eliot
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

The one silver lining to Gio's injury is that Burkhead may actually be utilized more. I'm dreading next season when he leaves in FA and gets signed by the Patriots and becomes a quality player on offense...
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

The one silver lining to Gio's injury is that Burkhead may actually be utilized more. I'm dreading next season when he leaves in FA and gets signed by the Patriots and becomes a quality player on offense...

If he went to NE and was actually used as a weapon, it's not like we know what to do with him anyway. Marvin is a dinosaur when it comes to thinking progressively.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As JD brought up in the Eagles GDT, I'm curious to get people's opinion of Peppers.

I'm sure all of you guys watched the tOSU-Mich game. That game I thought highlighted why I'm not a fan of Peppers. He's limited in coverage, takes bad angles, and isn't a good tackler. He's aggressive and can blitz well but we really don't need to draft a safety/WLB because he's good at blitzing and can return kicks.

The bad tackling is really the deal-breaker for me. He got run over for a 1st down in the game. He doesn't have the strength for what we need IMO...
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he is a good enough coverage player to be at safety. I think he is too undersized to be an NFL linebacker. I wouldn't spend a top pick on him. Maybe late first.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I don't think he is a good enough coverage player to be at safety. I think he is too undersized to be an NFL linebacker. I wouldn't spend a top pick on him. Maybe late first.

I feel the same way. With our presumed top ten pick, I want to spend it on a DE (Allen, Barnett, the Missouri guy) or grab Mike Williams as a #2 WR.

After that, it's all defense and O-linemen, plus the kicker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: