You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet ILB David Harris was released:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4197/david-harris
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really love that the Raiders are going to break the bank for Derek Carr. He is good...he aint better than Rogers, Brady, Brees, and et al.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Really love that the Raiders are going to break the bank for Derek Carr. He is good...he aint better than Rogers, Brady, Brees, and et al.

Yeah I'm hearing close to $25m AAV. Shocked

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

I'm thinking Mack will command/get around 22M AAV. The Raiders probably have a window of 2/3 years then it'll be tough to keep all these guys..

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

I'm thinking Mack will command/get around 22M AAV. The Raiders probably have a window of 2/3 years then it'll be tough to keep all these guys..

It's going to take some Mike Sullivan-like magic from Reggie McKenzie to keep all their young talent, or at least most of it. The Raiders are in kind of a tricky spot as they're going to want to go out of Oakland with a bang but not at the risk of going all-in for a year or two as they'll need a good team to help sell tickets and fill that giant new stadium in Las Vegas. We've seen happens in Los Angeles when a team relocates and sucks.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

It'll catch up quick. Spotrac now lists their cap space at $17 million. That's only $6 million more than we have.
With contracts coming up in 2019 and 20 for guys like Mack and Cooper their ability to spend a fortune on their OL goes away. Those two by themselves will will use about $33+- million alone. About a $20 million increase on their present salaries.

As AAA pointed out, McKenzie's got his work cut out for him.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about Carr now. If he grows into an elite QB and stays healthy, they're likely a perennial playoff team. If he doesn't improve much, it will be tough not to regress with the guys they'll have to let walk.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
It's all about Carr now. If he grows into an elite QB and stays healthy, they're likely a perennial playoff team. If he doesn't improve much, it will be tough not to regress with the guys they'll have to let walk.

Omaha!
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Honestly, I don't think that price should be that surprising for a young talented QB. That being said, there is some evidence to show that he may have peaked with a super elite season really early and is due for regression. We'll see.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be surprised to see Carr renegotiate to help them resign Mack and Cooper. Maybe that's the plan. Pay him huge money sooner than later and renegotiate when the other guys come up for their paydays.

I hope they don't lose any of that talent. Their fanbase has gone through too much to have budget ruin their fun.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Orr, after being told to retire because of a neck condition that could be life-threatening (or paralyzing) with football, has now received clearance by some docs to play again.

The crazy part - BAL owned his rights being in his rookie deal for 1 more year as a RFA, but didn't put him on the NFI/retired list, to retain his rights. So he's now a UFA, free to sign with any team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000817707/article/where-will-zach-orr-play-next-lb-eager-to-see

Now it's not so clear that any NFL team doc would clear him to play, so it may be moot, we just saw something similar with Nick Fairley (1st opinion told him to retire, 2nd said he was OK, 3rd said retire, or at least, don't play this year). But while Elway says we're happy with Todd Davis as one of our ILB's, the reality is that he's a UFA after this year, and not worth re-signing at the FA $ the market has set, especially given our cap $ and other priorities we'll likely need to address by then.

Orr isn't a game changer on his own, but unlike most FA's, he's young, and the injury risk would likely mean his price wouldn't be crazy. A 3-year deal with only year 1 guaranteed (provided he gets clearance by team docs) and a low signing bonus (so no big cap hit later on) would be intriguing, because it would offer a potential cheap replacement for Davis at ILB in 2018+, but with no guaranteed $, no risk beyond 2017. Now, if Orr's part of a bidding war, then we probably don't get involved. Even then, the indirect effect might still affect us, as OAK going after him on a prove-it 1 year deal makes a lot of sense too, which obviously addresses a big weakness they have right now, even if he's just above league-average (being young, though, his potential for progression is much higher than with most FA's out there at this time of year).

Either way, should be interesting to see what happens with Orr. I wish him well either way, would hate to see him get seriously hurt, but if he's actually OK to play, then a feel-good story for him.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be an amazing and pretty fortuitous pickup if he really can continue to play. It's not getting 2015 Trevathan back, but it's as close as you can get at this stage of the offseason.

But they seem really committed to Davis' improvement this year even though he appears to be a likely 2018 free agent loss if any market develops for him. I don't quite get it.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
That would be an amazing and pretty fortuitous pickup if he really can continue to play. It's not getting 2015 Trevathan back, but it's as close as you can get at this stage of the offseason.

But they seem really committed to Davis' improvement this year even though he appears to be a likely 2018 free agent loss if any market develops for him. I don't quite get it.

What's really hard to get is that Elway continuously talks about how team building isn't about just the present year, but about future building as well. And so while the coaching staff may say they believe in Davis, the reality of our cap situation is that we are unlikely to commit big FA $ to Davis next year. Getting guys who are cheap to replace departing starters would be something any GM should explore. Now, if Orr costs a lot to get, I understand passing - but I suspect he won't command anything close to market value for young starting ILB $ given the injury risk. If that's the case, I don't know how we don't at least kick the tires. No doubt teams like KC, OAK & DET, who need ILB now AND long-term, are already doing.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:

What's really hard to get is that Elway continuously talks about how team building isn't about just the present year, but about future building as well. And so while the coaching staff may say they believe in Davis, the reality of our cap situation is that we are unlikely to commit big FA $ to Davis next year. Getting guys who are cheap to replace departing starters would be something any GM should explore. Now, if Orr costs a lot to get, I understand passing - but I suspect he won't command anything close to market value for young starting ILB $ given the injury risk. If that's the case, I don't know how we don't at least kick the tires. No doubt teams like KC, OAK & DET, who need ILB now AND long-term, are already doing.

Todd Davis must be a great locker room/practice guy who's well liked by coaches, because there's clearly a disconnect between what the coaches say about his play and what fans see on the field and it's pretty maddening because great defenses have much shorter windows of elite play than great offenses and it feels like we're cheaping out at that spot too much and not acknowledging it's making the defense worse.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61
Page 61 of 61

Jump to: