You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT XVII: Something To Honor Romo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this is a joke. Beth Mowins and Rex Ryan will be doing MNF for ESPN. Confused

Kiltman on the sig & avy
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
I hope this is a joke. Beth Mowins and Rex Ryan will be doing MNF for ESPN. Confused

That sounds horrible.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21525325#21525325

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adulting sucks

^^^El Rammy
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Adulting sucks

And you have to do it for 70+ years unless you are lucky enough to die young...Yeah, it sucks
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Adulting sucks

And you have to do it for 70+ years unless you are lucky enough to die young...Yeah, it sucks

I'm in an awkward position and I'm unsure about what to do.

I'm a live-in kennel assistant...but there's a lack of communication between my employer and I. I've tried approaching him about it to try and make some changes that would benefit the both of us, but he seems unwilling to change.

So I feel like I'm walking on egg shells all the time and my job duties seem to change constantly, so I'm never sure if I'm doing the right thing. All the while I'm making a whopping $250 every 2 weeks ($500 before rent is deducted), and working roughly 110 hours during those 2 weeks.

^^^El Rammy
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Adulting sucks

I'm a live-in kennel assistant...but there's a lack of communication between my employer and I. I've tried approaching him about it to try and make some changes that would benefit the both of us, but he seems unwilling to change.

So I feel like I'm walking on egg shells all the time and my job duties seem to change constantly, so I'm never sure if I'm doing the right thing. All the while I'm making a whopping $250 every 2 weeks ($500 before rent is deducted), and working roughly 110 hours during those 2 weeks.

Wait a minute....$500 every 2 weeks on a 110 hrs??? That's like $4.50/hr. I'm a little out of the loop on min. wage requirements, but isn't it around $8/hr now?

Beyond that, $500 a month to live on is...well, garbage. I mean, what else are you getting here? Food? Utilities paid? Transportation? Clothing?

Whatever the case, I think I'd have to tell this employer to pack sand. Seems to me, you're getting hosed.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Adulting sucks

Wait a minute....$500 every 2 weeks on a 110 hrs??? That's like $4.50/hr. I'm a little out of the loop on min. wage requirements, but isn't it around $8/hr now?

Beyond that, $500 a month to live on is...well, garbage. I mean, what else are you getting here? Food? Utilities paid? Transportation? Clothing?

Whatever the case, I think I'd have to tell this employer to pack sand. Seems to me, you're getting hosed.

I usually pay for my own food during the week, he'll cover my meals on the weekends that we go out of town for shows. I don't have to worry about utilities.

This is also all under the table...but the last time I worked for a handler, I made $600 for 3 days of work...so the wage probably is underpaid.

^^^El Rammy
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Adulting sucks

I usually pay for my own food during the week, he'll cover my meals on the weekends that we go out of town for shows. I don't have to worry about utilities.

This is also all under the table...but the last time I worked for a handler, I made $600 for 3 days of work...so the wage probably is underpaid.

Des, at that pay rate, you can say whatever you need to, to make things better. I he don't like it, quit. There are more jobs than you can imagine that will be much better for your mental state and pay a lot better than that.

I understand the love for animals, but don't allow that to keep you in a position where you are not appreciated.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaning toward quitting. It's just frustrating...because I was hoping it would work out. I really like the area, and don't want to have to move back to Maryland, but at this point it's looking like that may be my best option.

^^^El Rammy
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Adulting sucks

Are you an indentured servant?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetFancyMoses wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Adulting sucks

It feels like it sometimes.

^^^El Rammy
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQqP_gwjs5c

Cool video on Zeke if you have 10 minutes.

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQqP_gwjs5c

Cool video on Zeke if you have 10 minutes.

Nice. I could watch him run all day. I hope Linehan leans on him even more this year. At least in the playoffs
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Adulting sucks

It feels like it sometimes.

Come to Canada and work in the rockies (Banff, Jasper) Minimum wage in my state or province is like 11.50. But I make $16 working at a job right now that doesn't need a degree (saving up for school). 40 Hour weeks and a lot of places here provide staff accommodation for a great price ($11/day).

All the while living in the mountains is [inappropriate/removed] beautiful.

The tourism/hospitality industry here is self-driven so it's been largely unaffected by our Alberta oil crisis. Plus there's tons of people travelling to here and out from foreign countries hence always leaving jobs open throughout the year.

I grew up in Toronto and got sick of working in the city every summer, so I packed my bags and started working here every summer. Haven't looked back since.

And if animals are your thing then working for Parks Canada here pays well too. They usually have free accommodation and meals for you but you might be in isolated locations.

But yeah Banff is probably the best town to work in and the nightlife is great if you are into that. I'd call it more like between a city and sub-urb.

Sorry for the paragraph lol. But I was kinda in your position couple years ago with a similar pay and employer and was looking for something better while I was doing my degree.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 38 of 47

Jump to: