You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT XVII: Something To Honor Romo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/02/kirk-cousins-doesnt-sound-willing-to-do-a-team-friendly-deal/

Kirk basically saying "pony up Scott, time to give me the big bucks"... I hope he becomes one of the highest paid players in the league, personally.... Laughing

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
It is fast-food-drunk-food.

Once you become a functioning adult you move on.

Isnt that true for most adults/FF though? I mean, I barely eat any fast food (unless you consider sandwich shops fast food) and I weigh more than Id like. Id be fatzilla if I ate fast food with any regularity...

plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

And that's all it is. It's total garbage. The moment someone needs to start justifying something being good because of "specialty" burgers immediately tells you that the food is crap. Like I said, the burgers look like they've been run over by a truck and taste like nothing but salt.

If you want a decent fast food burger, go to In N Out or Mooyah.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 4h4 hours ago
Quote:
Cowboys allowed second-fewest rushing yards in a 16-game season in their history. Gave up 1,244 in 1992. Allowed 1,336 this year.

Obviously, a lot went into this.

Pretty sure it was also the second fewest attempts we've ever faced in a season, too. The run defense has been solid.
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
So I will be in Dallas the 14th, 15th leaving the 16th. My day is pretty much tied up on the 15th, but I need some suggestions on what to do in Dallas. Places to eat and such. I have hopes to go to the Pecan Lodge, Tailgate Tavern, and Whataburger. We will be staying in Hurst does anyone have any suggestions on what else to do and eat?

If your near downtown Dallas, there is a free Trolley ride that takes you through a very "hip" part of town. Can't remember the avenue, but many good bars and restaurants. The trolley can take you back when your done.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
JWingate wrote:
So I will be in Dallas the 14th, 15th leaving the 16th. My day is pretty much tied up on the 15th, but I need some suggestions on what to do in Dallas. Places to eat and such. I have hopes to go to the Pecan Lodge, Tailgate Tavern, and Whataburger. We will be staying in Hurst does anyone have any suggestions on what else to do and eat?

If your near downtown Dallas, there is a free Trolley ride that takes you through a very "hip" part of town. Can't remember the avenue, but many good bars and restaurants. The trolley can take you back when your done.

I thought the trolley takes you into Uptown, but I'm not exactly sure where. Great area. And yes, tons of bars and great restaurants. Authentic Mexican food is hard to find, but you can find just about anything else.

Northland wrote:
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
resilient wrote:
JWingate wrote:

I thought the trolley takes you into Uptown, but I'm not exactly sure where. Great area. And yes, tons of bars and great restaurants. Authentic Mexican food is hard to find, but you can find just about anything else.

You may be right, maybe the trolley starts downtown and then goes uptown. Either way only one trolley that starts next to the Dallas museum then heads to the bar/restaurants part of town.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Whataburger sucks, unless you like flat hamburgers which like nothing but salt. Literally, think about the Whammy Burger from the movie Falling Down.

Pecan Lodge is great, as is Hutchins BBQ up in McKinney.

Cummon Rick! Let em have some breakfast!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eREiQhBDIk
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

And that's all it is. It's total garbage. The moment someone needs to start justifying something being good because of "specialty" burgers immediately tells you that the food is crap. Like I said, the burgers look like they've been run over by a truck and taste like nothing but salt.

Uhh.. You know both Mooyah and In N Out have specialty burgers also, right?

In and Out is disgusting. So throw that off the list. Mooyah is really good - but its not fast food, IMO. Its a burger joint, just like 5 guys, Mighty Fine, Red Robin, etc.

JWingate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

In and Out is disgusting. So throw that off the list. Mooyah is really good - but its not fast food, IMO. Its a burger joint, just like 5 guys, Mighty Fine, Red Robin, etc.

I heard Plan say Whataburger is worse than Burger King.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I heard Plan say Whataburger is worse than Burger King.

That's how you know an opinion is invalid

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Whataburger sucks, unless you like flat hamburgers which like nothing but salt. Literally, think about the Whammy Burger from the movie Falling Down.

Pecan Lodge is great, as is Hutchins BBQ up in McKinney.

You sir are back on the "dead to me" list. Whataburger destroys Mooyah, In-n-Out and most other burger joints around. You've got Kenny's in Frisco that has good burgers and Smash Burger has a few interesting options, but otherwise, Whataburger is the go-to for a good, fast burger.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I can clear this up. Whataburger is fast food. The building looks fast foody, the food is fast foody. The employees are 16 year olds that really shouldn't be expected to make quality food, even if it is damn near auto-pilot back there. If it were a national chain it would probably be lumped into the burger king/wendys categories.

I guess they are famous in Texas, but it really is nothing more than a fast food place. like Dairy Queen. They can serve up a good burger, and a giant burger. I get the triple meat, triple cheese, with bacon and jalapenos. It's a giant. It is open 24 hours a day. Which is super convenient. I use to get off work a 4 am and it was Whataburger or IHOP. That's it. In Lubbock anyway. I challenge you to find a better burger place at 4 AM.

I like Whataburger, but I rarely CHOOSE to eat there. I go there once every two months or so but it's mainly because it's past 10PM and nothing else is open.

What I like is that you can add to you burger. Bacon, Avacado, Onions, Green Chilis(when in season), Jalapenos. etc... Try doing that burger king.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

It's not Jack-in-the-Crack - go back to Florida ya wannabe Texan

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I grew up in southern California. So yes, I know about In N Out's "secret" menu. I'm not a fan of it, but I know about it. And seeing that removing a bun or adding grilled onions isn't special, I wouldn't classify them as "specialty" burgers, and neither do most people who frequent the establishment.

Quote:

A few flaws here:

1. In N Out is not disgusting. It's a fast food hamburger like may others, so throwing it off a list of fast food burger joints makes no sense. It also has one significant thing going for it which Whataburger doesn't: quality. In N Out's meat and fries are fresh and use better quality food while Whataburger doesn't. As I said, Whataburger tastes like nothing but salt. So of you're into eating a salt patty and a totally flat bun, then Whataburger is the place for you.

2. Mooyah is a fast food burger place, as is 5 Guys. However, Red Robin isn't. Red Robin is a sit down restaurant with servers whom you tip, thus it's not fast food.

Northland wrote:

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 14 of 47

Jump to: