You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Chicago Bears @ New York Giants
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Week 11: Chicago Bears @ New York Giants Reply with quote

Go_Giants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take any win, but it would be nice to have a 10 point lead with less then two minutes left in the game.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to say I'm confident we win this game easily but the truth is I'm never confident in this team. But without Jeffrey I just don't see that Bears offense giving our defense much issue.

Giants: 27
Bears: 13

Just hoping for once I can sit back and enjoy a game that we handily win Pray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Howard is a little banged up, Alshon Jeffrey is suspended, Jay Cutler at QB, Kyle Long out..I don't see how this should be a tough matchup for our defense. If Eli and this offense don't turn the Duke over with dumb mistakes and not let them score on special teams or defense then we should win this game easily. That offense wont be able to go down the field on us and score enough points, this should be a game we all can relax and have Nassib playing in the 4th
bagh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We play down to our competition so all games against teams with losing records are a tossup.

We lost to a Redskins team that was struggling, lost a Packers team that is struggling, and almost blew it against a shaky Eagles team.

Don't take any game for granted.

Nothing is a gimme with this Giants Team.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
We play down to our competition so all games against teams with losing records are a tossup.

We lost to a Redskins team that was struggling, lost a Packers team that is struggling, and almost blew it against a shaky Eagles team.

Don't take any game for granted.

Nothing is a gimme with this Giants Team.

Could not have said it any better. I like the Bears D. Our OLINE will need to be ready. And the team will need to watch for trick plays as teams with losing records with talent like they do pull out all the stops.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week was a test but I think this week is just as big a test. In the last few years this is the type of game the Giants lose. We need to be able to beat teams we're supposed to beat so hopefully they come out ready and take care of business.
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we really going to pretend the Bears scare us? If we are serious contenders, this shouldn't be a contest.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Are we really going to pretend the Bears scare us? If we are serious contenders, this shouldn't be a contest.

I'm not sold..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sold either 21-17 Giants
ApeDosMatt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need this team to sell me, taking care of business against the Bears and Browns would be a great start. The defense is legit, but the run game could have been a flash in the pan and the offense hasn't shown me what it needs to yet

After the Coughlin era I don't think I'm going to feel safe during a game or a season until we clinch a playoff berth. We've just been too unpredictable and probably the most inconsistent team in the NFL for pretty much the last ten years. Honestly we could run the table or go 7-9 and I wouldn't be surprised either way
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bears defense isn't a pushover. Young, McPhee, and Trevathan are all talented defenders. If we go in expecting an easy win, we may be in for a long game.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is a must-win, right Acgott? Laughing

In all seriousness, we all know how big of a letdown it would be to lose this one. Take care of business and let's keep it going. I kind of like that the bears are talking trash. It adds intrigue to an otherwise irrelevant game (comparatively).

I was really disappointed that Roger Lewis didn't capitalize on his opportunity last week. Now Cruz will be back and Tavarres King has worked his way back to even with Lewis on the depth chart. I hope McAdoo continues to give both of them chances.

The OL is a real concern this week. Sucks for Jones that he finally gets his chance and immediately gets injured. Pugh can't come back soon enough.

This is a statement game though. Time for the defense to dominate. I was to see them hold the bears to 10 points. Hoping for 24-10.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

While I don't disagree with you we did lose to the pathetic Sam Bradford, should have beat the lowly Redskins who gambled with trick plays and lost to an under-performing GB Packers team. I think the close games like these while anxiety-ridden for us fans keeps the team humble and hungry. When Dallas falls from grace in the playoffs the fall with be really hard since the Lombardi trophy has been handed to them in week 10 by all of the hype-sters.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will not be a trap game for us. I think this group of players we have this year knows that no win is ever easy. Without Jeffery in on that offense, I really believe this is the week we really explode.

Giants -35
Bears -14

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: