Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Browns

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: QB? Reply with quote

So who is the Browns' qb going to be on opening day?
I heard we were interested in Dilfer.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord I hope not.... I hate these dumb rumors about old QB's that already suck....

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
MusingsFromBigPink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: QB Reply with quote

Why not let Luke and Josh fight it out?

Sure, we'd lose some winnable games, but so what? Big picture. Eye on the prize. 8-8 or 5-11 next year, what's the difference? Keep building; don't get caught up in future cap problems with veterans who can help you win a game or two now, but won't be around the next time we play for the AFC title.

Godspeed Phil.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why not let Luke and Josh fight it out?

Sure, we'd lose some winnable games, but so what? Big picture. Eye on the prize. 8-8 or 5-11 next year, what's the difference? Keep building; don't get caught up in future cap problems with veterans who can help you win a game or two now, but won't be around the next time we play for the AFC title.

Godspeed Phil.

Heck yeah... someone agrees...

This is called TRUTH!

Lyuokdea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see either Luke or Josh as future starters, luke has a possibility but he has a lot to learn still. We need a veteran QB with experience, someone who can teach the rookies a thing or two. And we need someone consistant for the rest of our offense to improve. I like Fiedler personally, unless we can make a trade for somebody.

~Lyuokdea
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiedler... a.k.a Mr. Horrible... he stinks up the field almost as much as Ryan Leaf did... ok, I could be exaggerating... why not just let the young guys play ... it's a rebuilding year anyways... we arent going to win the super bowl with a veteran QB... especially not Fiedler.... McCown is not bad, he should have some time now, which should give him a few options... plus, KW2 is back and with us more than likely dumping some more passes to the tight end, it could help Luke out a lot... I'm not saying he's our future, but he should be given the chance to play with a revamped offensive line...

This is called TRUTH!

Lyuokdea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
Fiedler... a.k.a Mr. Horrible... he stinks up the field almost as much as Ryan Leaf did... ok, I could be exaggerating... why not just let the young guys play ... it's a rebuilding year anyways... we arent going to win the super bowl with a veteran QB... especially not Fiedler.... McCown is not bad, he should have some time now, which should give him a few options... plus, KW2 is back and with us more than likely dumping some more passes to the tight end, it could help Luke out a lot... I'm not saying he's our future, but he should be given the chance to play with a revamped offensive line...

I'm not exactly sure what all the trash talk about Fiedler is about, no he is not a good QB, no I don't think he is even a consistant starter in this league. However, he is the best QB that is still available currently, he will do better than Luke or Josh and we can't be bringing three rookies in to play this year, that is a receipe for disaster.

~Lyuokdea
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care if he does better... If he's not our future, why pay the extra money to bring him in? Why not just give the player that we DRAFTED a chance... because that's why he was drafted.... we will need our extra cap space to sign our rookies also, not some burnout QB

This is called TRUTH!

Lyuokdea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
I dont care if he does better... If he's not our future, why pay the extra money to bring him in? Why not just give the player that we DRAFTED a chance... because that's why he was drafted.... we will need our extra cap space to sign our rookies also, not some burnout QB

We have plenty of cap room this year, that is not going to be a problem, and rookies don't become better by being thrown out into the NFL situation when they are not ready yet, look at how we destroyed Couch, we don't repeat that mistake with McCown.

Harris shouldn't be on an NFL roster, there is no way he deserves to be a QB on any club, people group them together, McCown is 10x as good.

~Lyuokdea
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we didnt destroy Couch... He had to start... who else were we gonna put in? Plus, he had NO O-line.... and still signing Fiedler would waste cap room... It doesnt matter if it is one buck... It would be a waste... and if he's not our future, does it matter if he's ready? he has plenty of weapons, and should have some decent blocking... He can become a playmaker...

This is called TRUTH!

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If any of you are honestly thinking that Luke McCown should be the starting quarterback on opening day, you need help.

That kid is two years away from being a starter, maybe more if last year's disaster set him back any.

Fiedler is not the answer, but he's a much better option than McCown.

No way does Phil Savage not get a QB before the draft. Now that Holcomb has signed in Buffalo, we can pursue other options. The first being trading for Trent Dilfer. Mike Holmgren is willing to part with him if he gets a starting job, and his team first attitude would be a perfect fit with the new staff.

Say what you want about Trent Dilfer's age, but he has more Super Bowl wins than any Cleveland QB has.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about that? Why not put Luke in... He's not our future... I know this... Why spend money on someone else who is going to stink up the field... Savage will not trade anything for Dilfer, Fiedler or any other Qb that you guys think will lead our team to the future... Do you honestly think that we will win the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer?

This is called TRUTH!

Lyuokdea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
we didnt destroy Couch... He had to start... who else were we gonna put in? Plus, he had NO O-line.... and still signing Fiedler would waste cap room... It doesnt matter if it is one buck... It would be a waste... and if he's not our future, does it matter if he's ready? he has plenty of weapons, and should have some decent blocking... He can become a playmaker...

He had to start? Get off the pot, remember why we brought Ty Detmer in, you say he wasn't the future, and we had to start Couch. That is the thinking that destroyed Couch, that we pushed him in their as a green rookie with a horrible offensive line.

Now lets look to the situation now, we have a horrible offensive line a green QB, lets make him are starter, great Idea! What are you thinking?

Plus this won't happen, to quote Savage: “I’ve talked to Josh (Harris) and Luke McCown and said, ‘You guys are probably fighting it out for the third spot. You might be fighting it out for the second spot. As of today they’re fighting it out for the first spot.’ It remains to be seen.

“I have some hope for both of those guys. I really do. I think they both could develop into maybe at least a capable backup. That’s not too bad.”

~Lyuokdea
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our line shouldnt be as horrible as last years though... We should also be able to establish a better running game.... but why pay more money for a QB that will do nothing for us....

This is called TRUTH!

Lyuokdea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
Who cares about that? Why not put Luke in... He's not our future... I know this... Why spend money on someone else who is going to stink up the field... Savage will not trade anything for Dilfer, Fiedler or any other Qb that you guys think will lead our team to the future... Do you honestly think that we will win the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer?

Fiedler was released, we don't have to trade anything for him. He is better than McCown neither is our future as you admitted, We have the money to pay him without any damage to the cap.

You just lead yourself to the correct decision yourself.

~Lyuokdea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: