Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 GDT: Baltimore Ravens (5-4) @ Dallas Cowboys (8-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cowboys Rushing Yards
Over 100
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Under 100
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Do negative offensive rushing yards go to the opponent?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 10900
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I wasn't able to watch the game again (damn work), but from following along on Twitter and Gamecast it seems like:

- Jimmy being out was a major blow to the defense... like anybody would expect it to be. He's the foundation of the pass defense and isn't replaceable in this secondary. Size, skill, whatever. Getting another cornerback to go with him and Young is still a top need for the Ravens. Preferable another bigger guy so the team has some insurance if/when Smith is missing time.

- Zuttah sucked. Again. It's a shame the offensive line has had so many injuries this season or he probably would have been demoted or cut a while ago.

- On a related note, Jensen was inactive gain? With Ducasse getting the nod over him? Man, it will be nice to get Mornhinweg and Castillo off the team. Or Harbaugh will give them a pass because of the injuries and then all of them will be gone by 2018.

- On another related note, was the offense as awful to watch (again) as Twitter and the box score indicate? Seems like the running game got a little something going in spots at least. But judging how the targets in the passing game were distributed it looks like Joe was locking in on Smith and Wallace. Meh.

- Run defense looks like it did enough to contain Elliot. Wasn't expecting him to be totally contained but less than 4 yards a carry without busting a huge run seems decent enough for me.

- Judon penalty. Again. Sad

- Pass rush? No? When McClellan gets the only sack... Was Pees actually trying to pressure Prescott or was he just using his usual uber-bland "blitzes" and alignments.

- Hester had a punt return for 0 yards. Can't beleive that wasn't a fair catch or just letting Dallas down it.

I know, lots of hot takes for someone who didn't watch the game. Laughing How far off am I on them?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I'm really curious how you guys think the cowboys match up against the other teams you've played this year? Like the raiders for example?

You guys easily have the best run defense we've played.


Dallas seem more well rounded than the Raiders. More consistency, but maybe a bit less explosive on both offense and defense in style.

With how you controlled TOP last night, your defense is kept fresh and can come up with the big plays needed to get the ball back to your offense.

Dak Prescott continues to impress me, and while he doesn't have to try to win from behind, lets give him the benefit of doubt.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
So I wasn't able to watch the game again (damn work), but from following along on Twitter and Gamecast it seems like:

-
Quote:
Jimmy being out was a major blow to the defense... like anybody would expect it to be. He's the foundation of the pass defense and isn't replaceable in this secondary. Size, skill, whatever. Getting another cornerback to go with him and Young is still a top need for the Ravens. Preferable another bigger guy so the team has some insurance if/when Smith is missing time.


It took the Cowboys some time to figure out, they could just throw it up to Dez. We gave him a huge cushing and couldn't contest him, when the ball was thrown his way. In my mind, the actual issue was stopping Cole Beasley, as he got some really really important conversions.
Quote:

- Zuttah sucked. Again. It's a shame the offensive line has had so many injuries this season or he probably would have been demoted or cut a while ago.


Zuttah had his 2 holding plays, where at least one could be disputed. The unnecessary roughness however was just plain stupid. Common for all three flags was, that they negated good offensive plays and brought back something like 40 yards total.
Quote:

- On a related note, Jensen was inactive gain? With Ducasse getting the nod over him? Man, it will be nice to get Mornhinweg and Castillo off the team. Or Harbaugh will give them a pass because of the injuries and then all of them will be gone by 2018.


Ducasse actually played quite well and he did good on our first offensive TD.
Quote:

- On another related note, was the offense as awful to watch (again) as Twitter and the box score indicate? Seems like the running game got a little something going in spots at least. But judging how the targets in the passing game were distributed it looks like Joe was locking in on Smith and Wallace. Meh.


The offense had very few chances to get something going. They had one REALLY impressive drive where we ran the ball really well. From then on, Flacco had to convert 1,2 and 3 and long basically every single time due to flags and mistakes. He was let loose in a hurry up offense, when we got our second TD.

- Run defense looks like it did enough to contain Elliot. Wasn't expecting him to be totally contained but less than 4 yards a carry without busting a huge run seems decent enough for me.

Defense played really well until the 2 minute warning in the 2. quarter. Then Pees decided to give them free 3 points in an attempt to prevent them from scoring. A TD they got after they converted 1 and 30. From this on, our defense really didn't do anything. We gave up more than 400 yards on offense and we rushed 3-4 with huge cushings to wide receiver, so Dak dinked and dunked the Cowboys O to a TOP close to 24 minutes of the 2. half.
Quote:

- Judon penalty. Again. Sad


Yup, and a foolish mistake
Quote:

- Pass rush? No? When McClellan gets the only sack... Was Pees actually trying to pressure Prescott or was he just using his usual uber-bland "blitzes" and alignments.


McClellan fought his way through to Dak after the right tackle and guard over committed to the outside. Great pressure though from the defense in the 1. quarter, then it seemed like we took our foot off the gas pedal as the Cowboys figured they could just throw the ball up in the air and let their receivers get it.

Quote:
- Hester had a punt return for 0 yards. Can't beleive that wasn't a fair catch or just letting Dallas down it.


Hester wasn't mentally in this game. He seem flustered. Took a huge hit on the punt return for 0.

I know, lots of hot takes for someone who didn't watch the game. Laughing How far off am I on them?


We didn't see anything in yesterdays game we didn't know. We played really really well in the 1. half until 2 minute warning, where we gave up all initiative and momentum to the cowboys, and that carried over to the rest of the game. TOP really killed us in this game. We played scared - again.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11701
Location: MD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimately we lost to a better team in their home environment. Might have had a better shot with J. Smith on the field, but its hard to be really upset about the result.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11667
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Ultimately we lost to a better team in their home environment. Might have had a better shot with J. Smith on the field, but its hard to be really upset about the result.


Yea. I'm not.

Goals for season: stay +/- one game of Pittsburgh. Win in Pittsburgh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11701
Location: MD
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Ultimately we lost to a better team in their home environment. Might have had a better shot with J. Smith on the field, but its hard to be really upset about the result.


Yea. I'm not.

Goals for season: stay +/- one game of Pittsburgh. Win in Pittsburgh.


Absolutely.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RavensDefense3


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2302
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or did Timmy not get as much snaps as he usually does? Defense clearly wasn't 100%. Jimmy is a huge loss, he's undeniably the most important player behind Flacco on this team, I hope this isn't a long term injury for him. I think the defense played well against one of the best offenses in the league while dealing with this.

The offense/Flacco is quickly running out of excuses, the run game wasn't bad, the protection was ok, yet it's the same thing. And Flacco is extremely weird, he was throwing perfect darts in that last TD drive when we were down by 10, I'm just wondering where that was in the first 3 quarters. It is frustrating to see such a good Ravens defense being wasted.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
Is it just me or did Timmy not get as much snaps as he usually does? Defense clearly wasn't 100%. Jimmy is a huge loss, he's undeniably the most important player behind Flacco on this team, I hope this isn't a long term injury for him. I think the defense played well against one of the best offenses in the league while dealing with this.

The offense/Flacco is quickly running out of excuses, the run game wasn't bad, the protection was ok, yet it's the same thing. And Flacco is extremely weird, he was throwing perfect darts in that last TD drive when we were down by 10, I'm just wondering where that was in the first 3 quarters. It is frustrating to see such a good Ravens defense being wasted.


This "the defense played good" gotta stop. We gave up more than 400 yards and weren't able to put pressure on their quarterback or get of the field on 3. down. We pinned the Cowboys deep several times, and then they moved the ball on us for drives of 5-8 minutes. Once we got our offence on the field, we had some stupid penalty to negate a first down or put Joe Flacco in bad situations.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
santiagomn8


Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Posts: 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
Is it just me or did Timmy not get as much snaps as he usually does? Defense clearly wasn't 100%. Jimmy is a huge loss, he's undeniably the most important player behind Flacco on this team, I hope this isn't a long term injury for him. I think the defense played well against one of the best offenses in the league while dealing with this.

The offense/Flacco is quickly running out of excuses, the run game wasn't bad, the protection was ok, yet it's the same thing. And Flacco is extremely weird, he was throwing perfect darts in that last TD drive when we were down by 10, I'm just wondering where that was in the first 3 quarters. It is frustrating to see such a good Ravens defense being wasted.


This "the defense played good" gotta stop. We gave up more than 400 yards and weren't able to put pressure on their quarterback or get of the field on 3. down. We pinned the Cowboys deep several times, and then they moved the ball on us for drives of 5-8 minutes. Once we got our offence on the field, we had some stupid penalty to negate a first down or put Joe Flacco in bad situations.


I agreee they played well in the first half but the second half was not good. Honestly with jimmy smith out there it would have been a different game wright has been a liability too many times. They beat us no arguing that they were the better team but I think if we saw them again with jimmy we could win
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensDefense3


Joined: 21 Apr 2011
Posts: 2302
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
Is it just me or did Timmy not get as much snaps as he usually does? Defense clearly wasn't 100%. Jimmy is a huge loss, he's undeniably the most important player behind Flacco on this team, I hope this isn't a long term injury for him. I think the defense played well against one of the best offenses in the league while dealing with this.

The offense/Flacco is quickly running out of excuses, the run game wasn't bad, the protection was ok, yet it's the same thing. And Flacco is extremely weird, he was throwing perfect darts in that last TD drive when we were down by 10, I'm just wondering where that was in the first 3 quarters. It is frustrating to see such a good Ravens defense being wasted.


This "the defense played good" gotta stop. We gave up more than 400 yards and weren't able to put pressure on their quarterback or get of the field on 3. down. We pinned the Cowboys deep several times, and then they moved the ball on us for drives of 5-8 minutes. Once we got our offence on the field, we had some stupid penalty to negate a first down or put Joe Flacco in bad situations.


They did what they could without Jimmy. Held them below their average scoring total. They have the best OL in football, you can't expect constant pressure on the QB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
Danand wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
Is it just me or did Timmy not get as much snaps as he usually does? Defense clearly wasn't 100%. Jimmy is a huge loss, he's undeniably the most important player behind Flacco on this team, I hope this isn't a long term injury for him. I think the defense played well against one of the best offenses in the league while dealing with this.

The offense/Flacco is quickly running out of excuses, the run game wasn't bad, the protection was ok, yet it's the same thing. And Flacco is extremely weird, he was throwing perfect darts in that last TD drive when we were down by 10, I'm just wondering where that was in the first 3 quarters. It is frustrating to see such a good Ravens defense being wasted.


This "the defense played good" gotta stop. We gave up more than 400 yards and weren't able to put pressure on their quarterback or get of the field on 3. down. We pinned the Cowboys deep several times, and then they moved the ball on us for drives of 5-8 minutes. Once we got our offence on the field, we had some stupid penalty to negate a first down or put Joe Flacco in bad situations.


They did what they could without Jimmy. Held them below their average scoring total. They have the best OL in football, you can't expect constant pressure on the QB.


We miss one player and that is our entire excuse?

Nobody can expect constant pressure on the QB, we had close to none.

Yes we have a statistically good defense, but please look at the teams and offenses we played... Some guys in here are like our coaching staff last year pointing to our better perfomance on defense in the second half of the season, where we faced bad QB's.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11667
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
We miss one player and that is our entire excuse?

Nobody can expect constant pressure on the QB, we had close to none.

Yes we have a statistically good defense, but please look at the teams and offenses we played... Some guys in here are like our coaching staff last year pointing to our better perfomance on defense in the second half of the season, where we faced bad QB's.


So give me a number or range among the 32: what rank would you have for our defense? what rank for our offense?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drd23


Moderator
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 5428
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Danand wrote:
We miss one player and that is our entire excuse?

Nobody can expect constant pressure on the QB, we had close to none.

Yes we have a statistically good defense, but please look at the teams and offenses we played... Some guys in here are like our coaching staff last year pointing to our better perfomance on defense in the second half of the season, where we faced bad QB's.


So give me a number or range among the 32: what rank would you have for our defense? what rank for our offense?

Not directed at me, but I'd say:

Offense: Bottom 3, not that far off being possibly the worst offense in the league
Defense: Overall Top 3 or 4; Run D clearly #1, Pass D 6th-10th
_________________

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 887
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Danand wrote:
We miss one player and that is our entire excuse?

Nobody can expect constant pressure on the QB, we had close to none.

Yes we have a statistically good defense, but please look at the teams and offenses we played... Some guys in here are like our coaching staff last year pointing to our better perfomance on defense in the second half of the season, where we faced bad QB's.


So give me a number or range among the 32: what rank would you have for our defense? what rank for our offense?

Not directed at me, but I'd say:

Offense: Bottom 3, not that far off being possibly the worst offense in the league
Defense: Overall Top 3 or 4; Run D clearly #1, Pass D 6th-10th


I would say our pass D is lower, in the 12-16 bracket.
_________________
2016 - We swept the Steelers, only good thing that happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rein


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1255
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
drd23 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Danand wrote:
We miss one player and that is our entire excuse?

Nobody can expect constant pressure on the QB, we had close to none.

Yes we have a statistically good defense, but please look at the teams and offenses we played... Some guys in here are like our coaching staff last year pointing to our better perfomance on defense in the second half of the season, where we faced bad QB's.


So give me a number or range among the 32: what rank would you have for our defense? what rank for our offense?

Not directed at me, but I'd say:

Offense: Bottom 3, not that far off being possibly the worst offense in the league
Defense: Overall Top 3 or 4; Run D clearly #1, Pass D 6th-10th


I would say our pass D is lower, in the 12-16 bracket.


At least our pass defense play calling..
To see us drop back in a deep cover 4 on 3rd and 5 just to allow the easiest dump off pass from QB to RB + 10 yards YAC is NOT fun to watch week in and week out!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group