You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Bad is Brock?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: How Bad is Brock? Reply with quote

Here's an interesting thing to look at. How bad has Brock been since getting 70+ Million

Total QR - 29th
Yards - 26th
Yards per game - 29th
TD's - 17th
INTs - 6th most
Rating - 31st
Comp % - 29th
Yards per Attempt - 33rd
Sacked - 20th most(which is a good thing)
Longest Completion - 30th

I can not find anything he does thats ranked in the top half, and almost everything has him as being one of the 5 worst starting QBs in the league.

We have a top 5 defense in yards per game, and our opposing QB on average is better than Brock in every category.

When playing against teams most likely to be in the playoffs, we are 1-3 and he has 2 TD passes and 4 INTs

Things he has not done this season

- 300 yards passing in a game
- 3 TDs in a game
- QBR of 80
- 200 yards passing on the road
- 60% completion on the road

all this and the teams record is 6-3
all 3 loses were by far his 3 worst performances

Brock needs to go, or at the very least he needs to have to earn his job next year.

At least his contract was written in a way that we can cut him after next season.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been pretty damn bad that it's frustrating. I was one of the main ones here who liked the signing. I thought if O'Brien can make Hoyer and Fitzpatrick have good seasons by their standards then I know for a fact he can with Brock. So far I have been wrong. I don't 100 percent blame Brock but O'Brien's coaching/playcalling has to have some of the blame as well. This offense and team is boring. Most boring team I've seen in our history. I have fallen asleep literally watching this team this season and I haven't done that ever. We have too much talent to be this bad offensively. I doubt Osweiler will lose his job soon but if O'Brien wants to stay he needs to seriously hire some assistants and an offensive coordinator who can make this offense legit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironically the 2 guys who seem to be worse than Brock in most of the rankings are Kennum and Fitzpatrick

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Obrien today on the 2013 draft: We thought Carr was an EXCELLENT QB, we just had different needs on the defensive and and what not....blah blah blah.

Of course they drafted that OG from UCLA who nobody remembers...if you guys drafted Carr the AFC South wouldn't be such a laughing stock when it comes to the playoffs.

Your Denver hatred is borderline pathological. I don't think my girlfriend cheating on me would cause me as much hate as you have for Denver.
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Bill Obrien today on the 2013 draft: We thought Carr was an EXCELLENT QB, we just had different needs on the defensive and and what not....blah blah blah.

Of course they drafted that OG from UCLA who nobody remembers...if you guys drafted Carr the AFC South wouldn't be such a laughing stock when it comes to the playoffs.

XSF is going to be a perennial pro bowler as soon as ppl start talking about him. He's ALMOST as dominant as he was in college at this point, and I expect him to continue to improve. I'm not sure Derek would've flourished in Houston like he is in Oakland.

As for the Brock debate, I'm not sure that he's as bad as I and everyone else have made him out to be. This is the best start we've had under OB. W/o Watt, we're still in position to potentially get a first round bye 10 weeks into the season, and it's only Brocks first season, and apparently this offense is hard af (especially compared to Kubs' offense that Schaub said didn't allow him to check out of bad play calls).

We're a top 5 rushing offense. Our left side (76, 71, 65) are probably among the leagues best, if not the leagues best, so why wouldn't we lean on them? That being said, this week will be telling. I get the feeling we won't be able to hand the ball off 70 times on Monday, and Brock will have to play better than he has been in order for us to win

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

XSF is going to be a perennial pro bowler as soon as ppl start talking about him. He's ALMOST as dominant as he was in college at this point, and I expect him to continue to improve. I'm not sure Derek would've flourished in Houston like he is in Oakland.

As for the Brock debate, I'm not sure that he's as bad as I and everyone else have made him out to be. This is the best start we've had under OB. W/o Watt, we're still in position to potentially get a first round bye 10 weeks into the season, and it's only Brocks first season, and apparently this offense is hard af (especially compared to Kubs' offense that Schaub said didn't allow him to check out of bad play calls).

We're a top 5 rushing offense. Our left side (76, 71, 65) are probably among the leagues best, if not the leagues best, so why wouldn't we lean on them? That being said, this week will be telling. I get the feeling we won't be able to hand the ball off 70 times on Monday, and Brock will have to play better than he has been in order for us to win

Having a soft schedule does that to you. Lets break this down a little bit more.

Our only "big" win so far is vs the Chiefs who are most likely a lock for as a wildcard playoff team at the very least. We have wins vs a bad Bears team, a Lions team who is currently leading a mediocre division, and wins vs the Titans, Colts and Jags, the latter of whom we barely beat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Brock has been worse than everyone has made him out to be. There are times when numbers and rankings don't tell the whole story, and the eye test comes into play. Its like that with Brock. His numbers say he's the 3rd worst starting QB in the league but the eye test says he's the worst.

amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
PAtexansFAN99 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Brock has been worse than everyone has made him out to be. There are times when numbers and rankings don't tell the whole story, and the eye test comes into play. Its like that with Brock. His numbers say he's the 3rd worst starting QB in the league but the eye test says he's the worst.

Yup, by far the worst QB I think we have ever had starting for us.
Texans02

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

The "OG no one remembers" is a starter on our line and is at least solid. I'd take Carr over him in a second, but still... it's not like he busted right out of the league or something.

Yes please!
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000741022/article/brock-osweiler-tops-2016s-biggest-freeagent-flops

Houston would have been praised for #2..................if not for #1 Crying or Very sad
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are averaging more yards per rush than we are yards per pass

fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is down right awful
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZyat02D61I
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZyat02D61I

yep! i suspect we get 1 more season next year of this, and assuming we don't make a playoff run we will probably clean house. BOB will be gone, Rick Smith will be gone, Brock will be gone, Cushing will be gone.

It would be nice to see them bring in a defensive minded head coach and focus on that being the ID of our team and bring in a offensive Cord who can run the show and go from there.

Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must forgot who our owner is. Knowing how stupid and delusional he is, he might extend O'Brien and give Rick Smith ANOTHER extension on top of the one he just received. I'll believe it when I see it. Im a wits end right now with his franchise. I cant take it anymore.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: