Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kevin Byard
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Kevin Byard Reply with quote

FACT: I have never seen a single snap of MTSU football in my life

FACT: I decided when we drafted Byard that he'd be a beast

Can we give this kid some props? He's jumping off film. He's all over the ball, a sure tackler with great coverage skills. It's only a matter of time that he start forcing turnovers...a playmaker in waiting!!

Honestly, though, we might have what Griffin was supposed to be on our hands here. His instincts are there, his athleticism is there...he's ALWAYS AROUND THE PLAY. I saw someone mention in another thread that they think he's a SS...I don't necessarily agree with that. I think he's a well-rounded guy that can play the pass as well as the run. If we add in a true thumper (or if Stafford keeps his very slow pace of improvement), that's our duo at safety going forward.

Byard's gotten better with every game...can't wait to watch him continue to grow.

I AM SO HAPPY TO BE A TITAN RIGHT NOW

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched his game tape of when they played Bama last year and he stood out big time. LeBeau raved about his instincts and his film-study through the draft process. I think he's one of those safeties that is interchangeable and can play deep or in the box. A lot of people said he was a reach that high in the 3rd but I liked the pick a lot. He's easily our best DB and I think he can lineup at nickel, in the box, deep, or as crazy as it sounds as a boundary CB for a play or two. I'd honestly feel more comfortable with him at CB than Mccain, Cox, or Blake. Byard is going to be a good one.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He hasn't been great, but he's been good so far. Way too early to tell what we really have in him, but he does give me hope.

I like good, flexible safeties (to a fault possibly, explaining my previous like/hope for Searcy, which has by now all but vanished)... and I'd prefer to get someone who fits that good/flexible safety definition... give us 2 safeties that are truly interchangeable... who both can man up on TEs or RBs ) out of the backfield... who can crowd the box to assist the run D... who can make QBs and WRs think twice about going down the middle... and who can cover the deep 3rd, not letting anyone get behind them. Hopefully Byard is one half of that equation... we just need that 2nd half... and why someone like Peppers has piqued my interest.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
He hasn't been great, but he's been good so far. Way too early to tell what we really have in him, but he does give me hope.

I like good, flexible safeties (to a fault possibly, explaining my previous like/hope for Searcy, which has by now all but vanished)... and I'd prefer to get someone who fits that good/flexible safety definition... give us 2 safeties that are truly interchangeable... who both can man up on TEs or RBs ) out of the backfield... who can crowd the box to assist the run D... who can make QBs and WRs think twice about going down the middle... and who can cover the deep 3rd, not letting anyone get behind them. Hopefully Byard is one half of that equation... we just need that 2nd half... and why someone like Peppers has piqued my interest.

I've had my eye lock in on Peppers as well. Byard and Peppers would be an awesome Safety combo.
What do you think would be the chances of us actually getting him in the draft? How far would he really fall?

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

I've had my eye lock in on Peppers as well. Byard and Peppers would be an awesome Safety combo.
What do you think would be the chances of us actually getting him in the draft? How far would he really fall?

Probably 5%. He's not falling out of the top 10 and I don't see our pick being that high(thank god) and I see the Rams winning a few more games sadly.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

Probably 5%. He's not falling out of the top 10 and I don't see our pick being that high(thank god) and I see the Rams winning a few more games sadly.

My exact thoughts, too. I REALLY want Peppers and I think he could be perfect alongside Byard but he won't fall enough for us to get him. He'll put up insane numbers at the combine.

He has previously said he will stay at Michigan until he graduates but there's no telling how far along he is in his degree. I could honestly see him staying one more year. The kid wants to win. If Michigan loses to Ohio St. and doesn't make the playoffs I think the chances of him staying go up. He wants that championship. Plus he may be able to play more DB next year and prove to pro teams he can play there.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't watch college but it's insane be wasn't even invited to the combine. Byards been as advertised from the preseason. He's a good tackler and he's the only Safety on the team I trust in coverage. I'm waiting for him to have a nice INT though he's due for it maybe this week I hope but the kids good he is helping by making Safety less of a need. It still needs to be addressed but he helps

Rishard Matthews 65 Rec 945 Yards 9 TD

Kalan Reed 2 Tackles 1 Assist

Sig By El Ramster
Dionysus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an outside thought...
IMO McCourty's done as a starting CB. He's definitely lost a step in speed. How about we try moving him to the FS spot letting him play center field, and letting Byard take over the SS position. Move Cox to NB. Then we draft a top level CB, maybe sign a starting CB in FA. Cut Blake and McCain and hopefully promote Sims, Reed and Riggs.

ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
Here's an outside thought...
IMO McCourty's done as a starting CB. He's definitely lost a step in speed. How about we try moving him to the FS spot letting him play center field, and letting Byard take over the SS position. Move Cox to NB. Then we draft a top level CB, maybe sign a starting CB in FA. Cut Blake and McCain and hopefully promote Sims, Reed and Riggs.

I was on the McCourty to FS train last offseason... and I think he can still make a successful transition... but I also wouldn't want to weaken the CB position by doing that. If they believe McCourty can make that transition, it gives Robinson further flexibility, taking the best secondary player regardless of position.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be for it

Rishard Matthews 65 Rec 945 Yards 9 TD

Kalan Reed 2 Tackles 1 Assist

Sig By El Ramster
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask Titans fans final thoughts on Byard's rookie season?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:

Pretty solid. Not great but you can definitely see some nice traits. Didn't get a pick this season but you can definitely see the makings of a good player. He played very well in the box and was a good tackler in open space. Probably our best coverage safety but that's not saying much. There were a few games where he didn't play too well especially in the Bears game but overall on the season, I'd probably give him a B-

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:

I probably think higher of him than most, but Byard is the real deal. A true football player that's going to get even better with time and experience. He can blitz, cover and tackle. One thing that stood out to me is that he's always around the ball and does a good job diagnosing the play. Very impressive for a rookie safety, IMO.

It's only a matter of time until he starts forcing turnovers. The kid is going to explode.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks guys. I never knew who he was until I saw him on a combine snub list last year and I looked him up. Then I made it a point to follow him this season and was wondering if Titans fans saw good things.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

I probably think higher of him than most, but Byard is the real deal. A true football player that's going to get even better with time and experience. He can blitz, cover and tackle. One thing that stood out to me is that he's always around the ball and does a good job diagnosing the play. Very impressive for a rookie safety, IMO.

It's only a matter of time until he starts forcing turnovers. The kid is going to explode.

I think Im going to agree with Dee here. I thought he was all over the place. I think a real offseason and not sharing time with Rashad Johnson will take him to the next level.

It was very obvious when Rashad was in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: