Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SEA @ NE: Post Game Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Oh and two more points regarding the end of the game:

1. I totally understand why Pete went for the 2-point conversion, and I love it. This is a team who is coming off a short-week Monday night game. Prior to that, they were coming off a slugfest overtime game. They haven't had a week off since early October. You gotta believe they're tired, so you want to eliminate the possibility of this game going to overtime. Not only that, but with the way the league has been trending, which would you rather combat if it came down to it: Gostkowski kicking a 33-yard PAT or Tom Brady operating a 2-yard 2-point conversion? I don't blame Pete for saying "if we go up by 7, we put the pressure on them to trot out Gostkowski, if we go up by 9, it's over".

2. This game was officiated tremendously. I actually really like Gene Steratore's group. Way better than Jerome Boger's god awful crew. I love the no-call at the end, even if I was begging for the OPI. Considering Gronkowski initiated the contact, it would have been egregious to call DPI on that. Let them play. I love that it comes down to a decision to throw or pass on the goal line and the Pats passed Laughing
We were all agreeing on that last night. He is so even keel I think it really helps too. He is confident in his decisions

2 pt conversion made a lot of sense. Have there been people questioning it?

They have a team that is so well coach with a ton of mismatches. A 2 point conversion is not a gimmy to stop. It's also no gimmy our PAT doesn't get blocked either

Yea, local and national radio have been questioning Pete's decision to not make it an 8 point game. Apparently there is video of Belichick mouthing "why the $%#@ would he go for it?" Laughing
Found it

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bill-belichick-could-not-understand-why-seahawks-went-for-2/ar-AAkgldS?li=BBnba9I

#1 ET Supporter
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson is one bad man!

2 of the Td's to Baldwin were smokin'. That wheel route to Prosise dropping it over the CB and before the S could dislodge it was sweet. The catch was as good as the throw. The touch to Lockett and then the howitzer. Gotta Love Wilson. Only downside to RW is his love for Kearse that I just don't get and his inconsistent targets to Jimmy. He will toss it to Kearse in coverage but didn't try it with Jimmy last night.

I'm just glad to get out of there without serious injuries. I can't believe anyone could run in that trash field as it was loaded with sand.

I was wrong about the game. I was pleasantly surprised and you can't doubt their heart when the calendar hits November.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my mind the inconsistent targets to Jimmy are a good thing. That last TD to Baldwin for example Jimmy drew a TON of attention. I appreciate that Russell recognized that and found someone else rather than forcing it to Jimmy in a goalline scenario

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
In my mind the inconsistent targets to Jimmy are a good thing. That last TD to Baldwin for example Jimmy drew a TON of attention. I appreciate that Russell recognized that and found someone else rather than forcing it to Jimmy in a goalline scenario

I just wish we would stop forcing it to Kearse. Have I mentioned that yet?

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

I just wish we would stop forcing it to Kearse. Have I mentioned that yet?

That was my point. forget Kearse, who RW forces balls to. If we're going to force because no one is open go Jimmy. we've already seen Jimmy beat double teams time and time again. Heck, 2 - one handed TD grabs against Buffalo are a small sample size and corroborate that effectiveness. Kearse, not so much.
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Billick had some real nice words for our Hawks in this interview this morning.

... http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/11/14/brian-billick-russell-wilson-he-was-absolutely-brilliant# ..

SoS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earl punctured Gronk's lung.
Zman724

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ike on Bam Bam

.. http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/11/14/best-db-week-10 ..

imani

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be counting chickens here, but looking at our schedule down the stretch, I think it would be a major upset if we didn't end up 5-2 in those games to finish the season.

Meeker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow down with the Kearse hate Laughing yeah he had a rough game, I was mad after the 3 drops to start the game. But let's not forget who Kearse is. No one thought Kearse was a real true starting WR in this league, despite the fact that's what we're asking him to do. He's getting paid 4.5m/y, that's not real starting money, plus he adds value on ST. He's a bigger WR with some deep threat ability and a great blocker who suffers from drops. Ideally, he's a 3/4 who you line up wide bringing one of your 1/2 into the slot like we do with Baldwin and that's where he will end up as Lockett gets healthier and improves. His drops seem to come in spurts, having a really bad game, then showing pretty decent hands until his next bad game. Russ wasn't really forcing it to him either...he was open. His 1st and 3rd drops aren't completely on him either, he was completely extended trying to grab a pass where Russ lead a tad too much. As for the 2nd one, I don't like players extending the ball in most situations; it exposes the ball for a strip or leads to incompletions for receivers who have completed the catch...

Love what I saw from Prosise, displayed exactly what we were hoping for through the air and looked good on the ground. Rawls + Prosise should be fun for the next 2.5 years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also his inability to consistently get open, lack of production consistency, and Wilsons tendency to force him the ball and waste downs and possessions.

He shouldn't be starting

RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% the right call to go for 2 there.

- A you trust your offense more then you trust stopping Tom Brady
- Would still be a seven point lead and XP's are no gimmies (not only in your favor but theirs if they got a td)
- Patriots would more then likely go for 1 even after seeing them go for 2.

Super Smart call.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: