You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SEA @ NE: Post Game Thoughts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:23 am    Post subject: SEA @ NE: Post Game Thoughts Reply with quote

WOW. What a game. Chancellor came back and played lights out. Prosise had his coming out party and the OL had their best day. Russell was on and his connection with Baldwin was on point. By far the best game Bevell has called this year

As far as the last play, a great no call imo. If anything I think Gronk gets away with a little push, but that is the type of officiating you want on a final play.

Anyone notice Reed looks like he punched the ball out on that Brady QB sneak? My brother pointed that out

Great game start to finish.

#1 ET Supporter
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on all your points. Only negatives were Collins, Michaels feet, and forcing passes to Kearse.

It was a good win. Kam was amazing. Him and Earl looked very comfortable. They had a few tag team tackles that were just beautiful.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Agree on all your points. Only negatives were Collins, Michaels feet, and forcing passes to Kearse.

It was a good win. Kam was amazing. Him and Earl looked very comfortable. They had a few tag team tackles that were just beautiful.
Earl's hit on Gronk was so good. Agree on Michael's feet, he leans too far forward far too often and loses his footing. Excited to get Rawls back

I think he and Prosise could be a great combo

#1 ET Supporter
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I wish they brought up Pope from the PS and forget Collins and Michael. I'm sure they have their reasons though.

Fant looked better today as well. The Pats have bad D-line though. Next week against the Eagles will be a huge test. We better not pull him for Sowell for any reason.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Clark's sack was insane too. This FO knocked that pick out of the park.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

Earl's hit on Gronk was so good. Agree on Michael's feet, he leans too far forward far too often and loses his footing. Excited to get Rawls back

I think he and Prosise could be a great combo

I think Michael has left over a hundred yards behind this season with poor balance.

Tonight Prosise showed everything I loved about him as a prospect for this team coming out. He actually looks like a better receiver than I anticipated. He needs to run a little less upright and get better at protecting the backfield, but I think he and Rawls can make an amazing combo for years and I love him as a gadget player.

brseahawks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Frank Clark's sack was insane too. This FO knocked that pick out of the park.

Told ya. He was always a top 15 talent.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:

I'm way over Christine Michael. It was fun while it lasted, but it's very clear this dude wasn't cut to make it as a lead back. His balance is unbelievably atrocious. Sucks considering how supremely naturally gifted he is, but Prosise showed us a bit of what we've been missing.

Doug commented after the game about how Prosise was hitting what they call the "dark creases". As he explained, it's when a lane hasn't been opened yet but you run there anyways because you trust the system to open it up. It was clear to me that he was indirectly implying that CMike doesn't run with that type of faith in his teammates. The OLine has taken a lot of blame for the lack of run game around here, and rightfully so to a certain degree, but I think Michael has been a huge reason for that as well.

Overall, awesome game! Admittedly this was not one I expected us to win. Short week traveling across the country against a Patriots team coming off a bye week? It seemed as though the schedule-makers set this game out to be a Patriots W from the get-go.

Kam was huge in this one. Love having him back. I would really like to see us draft a talented coverage safety in the offseason and start to transition him into more of a Mark Barron role.

I didn't notice Reed getting a hand on that Brady fumble, just looked like Brady was running before he had it, but even with that aside, Reed had a tremendous game. Really impressed with his progression.

Russell is back. I wouldn't say he's 100%, but it was so nice to see him in the 90-95% range last night. You saw him cutting in the pocket, doing his patented reverse spin move, and truly extending plays.

I love me some George Fant. I said it in the preseason, dude was inconsistent, but you could see the makeup of a talented LT. Dude has the feet and he has the size. This is easily my favorite OLine experiment of the Tom Cable era, because you can see some natural talent with this kid. Sweezy never looked naturally talented, he was just a bully. Now, this isn't to say LT is no longer a problem, but I am very encouraged by his progression.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Fant has progressed at a ridiculous clip. Still some really awkward things that he does, especially in the pass game, but there is a lot of raw talent and it is coming together faster than I anticipated it would.

I went back and watch the Reed play. He does swing his arm over where the ball should have been, but at this point I think Brady had already dropped it. So far he has shown he is a guy who does actually have some pass rushing ability

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and two more points regarding the end of the game:

1. I totally understand why Pete went for the 2-point conversion, and I love it. This is a team who is coming off a short-week Monday night game. Prior to that, they were coming off a slugfest overtime game. They haven't had a week off since early October. You gotta believe they're tired, so you want to eliminate the possibility of this game going to overtime. Not only that, but with the way the league has been trending, which would you rather combat if it came down to it: Gostkowski kicking a 33-yard PAT or Tom Brady operating a 2-yard 2-point conversion? I don't blame Pete for saying "if we go up by 7, we put the pressure on them to trot out Gostkowski, if we go up by 9, it's over".

2. This game was officiated tremendously. I actually really like Gene Steratore's group. Way better than Jerome Boger's god awful crew. I love the no-call at the end, even if I was begging for the OPI. Considering Gronkowski initiated the contact, it would have been egregious to call DPI on that. Let them play. I love that it comes down to a decision to throw or pass on the goal line and the Pats passed Laughing
imani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Russell's reverse spin move. It's almost never necessary and does more harm than good

Also, CUT JERMAINSE KEARSE. Lol Jesus, he just doesn't show up for this team with a consistency that matches his targets. Gotta be one f the worstt starting wideouts in football.

brseahawks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kearse dropped like 3 or 4 easy passes. Probably his second worst performance of his carreer (after that GB drama). RW was 2/7 when throwing to him while 23/30 and 144 passer rating throwing to the others.
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Kearse dropped like 3 or 4 easy passes. Probably his second worst performance of his carreer (after that GB drama). RW was 2/7 when throwing to him while 23/30 and 144 passer rating throwing to the others.

Like you said, rough game for Kearse, but I'm not ready to crucify him for it. The drop on the 1-yard line was really just him trying to do too much. If he just comes down with the ball it's 1st down at the 1, but he tried to extend the ball across the goal line and it cost him the catch. I think that one play alone changes everyone's take on his performance.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

1. I totally understand why Pete went for the 2-point conversion, and I love it. This is a team who is coming off a short-week Monday night game. Prior to that, they were coming off a slugfest overtime game. They haven't had a week off since early October. You gotta believe they're tired, so you want to eliminate the possibility of this game going to overtime. Not only that, but with the way the league has been trending, which would you rather combat if it came down to it: Gostkowski kicking a 33-yard PAT or Tom Brady operating a 2-yard 2-point conversion? I don't blame Pete for saying "if we go up by 7, we put the pressure on them to trot out Gostkowski, if we go up by 9, it's over".

2. This game was officiated tremendously. I actually really like Gene Steratore's group. Way better than Jerome Boger's god awful crew. I love the no-call at the end, even if I was begging for the OPI. Considering Gronkowski initiated the contact, it would have been egregious to call DPI on that. Let them play. I love that it comes down to a decision to throw or pass on the goal line and the Pats passed Laughing
We were all agreeing on that last night. He is so even keel I think it really helps too. He is confident in his decisions

2 pt conversion made a lot of sense. Have there been people questioning it?

They have a team that is so well coach with a ton of mismatches. A 2 point conversion is not a gimmy to stop. It's also no gimmy our PAT doesn't get blocked either

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:

We were all agreeing on that last night. He is so even keel I think it really helps too. He is confident in his decisions

2 pt conversion made a lot of sense. Have there been people questioning it?

They have a team that is so well coach with a ton of mismatches. A 2 point conversion is not a gimmy to stop. It's also no gimmy our PAT doesn't get blocked either

Yea, local and national radio have been questioning Pete's decision to not make it an 8 point game. Apparently there is video of Belichick mouthing "why the $%#@ would he go for it?" Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: