You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos @ Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
saintsfan


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 5784
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
unfsaint wrote:
I still believe that Thomas is destined for greatness...but no spin here...he lost the game. He directly contributed to three turnovers in a close game. Without those turnovers...the Saints would have probably destroyed them.
I feel the same way. His poor performance this week came after a glowing article about him on NFL.com... I do wonder if he let that get to his head.... Regardless, I don't see this becoming a regular thing for him, pretty flukey game.
His game seems a lot worse than it actually was. He did have a couple of nice catches as always. The INT was some sort of BS. Roby was hanging on to him like a backpack and there was no way he could have caught it. It was an unfortunate deflection right into the arm of the safety, but should have been a hold. Watch the replay, Roby's right hand was pulling his right shoulder back. The first fumble was careless and all on Thomas, the second one was just a really nice hit. There's some places where if you get hit that ball is coming out no matter how you hold it. It was a huge blindside hit and you guys all saw Brees come rushing up to him to tell him to keep his head up and make sure he was alright. I've never seen Brees do that with any other receiver, no matter how bad the hit. Remember when Bush got LIT UP against the Eagles in the playoffs? Laughing
_________________


Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fray32


Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 639
Location: The Great White North
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on Saturday I was so full of optimism but knew that in a matter of like 4 or 5 days, the Saints could effectively be out of playoff contention. After that L and the Panthers playing pretty decently, I'm pretty shook right now, gents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SWATcha


Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 1978
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have yelled WTF so loud that my kids who were playing across the street heard me and came home to see what was going on Laughing

Oh Saints
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 19392
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game played out like it should've, minus the bogus call on the blocked extra point. It was obvious he went out of bounds and should've been ruled as such. We still might have lost but at least it would've been fair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mid Iowa


Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 563
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Thomas ultimately pulled a Marques Colston... Ouch.

The only reason I have any optimism here is because with all the Saints turnovers and fluke crap, we were actually close to beating the Broncos.

.....what's this, the 3rd time this season we've been "really close" to beating some team?
_________________
~courtesy of the weak minded
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saintsfan


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 5784
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Michael Thomas ultimately pulled a Marques Colston... Ouch.

The only reason I have any optimism here is because with all the Saints turnovers and fluke crap, we were actually close to beating the Broncos.

.....what's this, the 3rd time this season we've been "really close" to beating some team?
We were one play away from beating the Raiders, Giants, and now Broncos. 3 of the best teams in the NFL right now in terms of record
_________________


Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 92 catches 1,137 yards 9 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 5 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2529
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:
Michael Thomas ultimately pulled a Marques Colston... Ouch.

The only reason I have any optimism here is because with all the Saints turnovers and fluke crap, we were actually close to beating the Broncos.

.....what's this, the 3rd time this season we've been "really close" to beating some team?
We were one play away from beating the Raiders, Giants, and now Broncos. 3 of the best teams in the NFL right now in terms of record


Also the Chiefs were very beatable at KC. Atl stomped us, and Chargers should have beaten us. Raiders and Broncos were more than just a close loss, we absolutely should have won both games. Also we beat the Seahawks, one of the best teams in the NFC. There's a lot to be sad about, but also hopeful for.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5160
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see the doom and gloom...

I understand we're young and riddled with injuries. Still this team battles every week and rightfully deserves credit for that. Bad luck has always followed young teams and this Saints team isn't no different.

Let's look at the good things...

New leadership is beginning to emerge, players are buying into Dennis Allens scheme, despite the injuries and youth this team is still in contention for a playoff spot. Will they make it? My gut says no but it's teams like these who battle tooth and nail each and every game hat as they mature they come together.

This is a club that could very well end this year 8-8 in 2016 but if things fall right for them could end up 12-4 in 2017.
_________________


WHODAT91FOREVER
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jlowe22


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 2529
Location: South Mississippi
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I just don't see the doom and gloom...

I understand we're young and riddled with injuries. Still this team battles every week and rightfully deserves credit for that. Bad luck has always followed young teams and this Saints team isn't no different.

Let's look at the good things...

New leadership is beginning to emerge, players are buying into Dennis Allens scheme, despite the injuries and youth this team is still in contention for a playoff spot. Will they make it? My gut says no but it's teams like these who battle tooth and nail each and every game hat as they mature they come together.

This is a club that could very well end this year 8-8 in 2016 but if things fall right for them could end up 12-4 in 2017.


If Brees doesn't fall off next year, I'm saying it right now that we'll be a playoff team. I have no reason to believe Brees can't keep his prime as long as Brady has. Both have had significant injuries, both get generally good protection, neither rely on speed and agility. One more year of building chemistry with young WRs, possible upgrades at the o-line, defense coming around. His day will come, but let's hope he has two years of elite play left, we may yet be a super bowl contender before he retires.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a VERY possible chance at a winning record this year tbh. Our record is so much easier from here. @ Atlanta will be a tough game, @ Carolina will be tough but winnable, and if our struggles w/ the Rams are over that's also a possible victory. Cardinals aren't so good this year. Two games vs Tampa. And Detroit will be a tough but winnable game. I think the three toughest games will be Atlanta, Carolina, and Detroit. Win one of those and we're looking at 9-7. Win two and we could win double digits and possibly in the playoffs. Prediction is 9-7.
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fray32


Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 639
Location: The Great White North
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
I think there's a VERY possible chance at a winning record this year tbh. Our record is so much easier from here. @ Atlanta will be a tough game, @ Carolina will be tough but winnable, and if our struggles w/ the Rams are over that's also a possible victory. Cardinals aren't so good this year. Two games vs Tampa. And Detroit will be a tough but winnable game. I think the three toughest games will be Atlanta, Carolina, and Detroit. Win one of those and we're looking at 9-7. Win two and we could win double digits and possibly in the playoffs. Prediction is 9-7.
taking games against anyone other than maybe Cleveland/San Fran for granted?? Confused

Agree that a lot of these are winnable games. We've yet to show the consistency to expect wins in "winnable" match-ups however. All of these opponents see the Saints as a winnable game, too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
I think there's a VERY possible chance at a winning record this year tbh. Our record is so much easier from here. @ Atlanta will be a tough game, @ Carolina will be tough but winnable, and if our struggles w/ the Rams are over that's also a possible victory. Cardinals aren't so good this year. Two games vs Tampa. And Detroit will be a tough but winnable game. I think the three toughest games will be Atlanta, Carolina, and Detroit. Win one of those and we're looking at 9-7. Win two and we could win double digits and possibly in the playoffs. Prediction is 9-7.
taking games against anyone other than maybe Cleveland/San Fran for granted?? Confused

Agree that a lot of these are winnable games. We've yet to show the consistency to expect wins in "winnable" match-ups however. All of these opponents see the Saints as a winnable game, too.


Mate all I did was say it was very possible. Did you see me say anywhere in my post "wow all but three of these games are super easy wins". Just that it's my prediction we win them and take one of the Atlanta/Detroit/Carolina games.
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fray32


Joined: 30 Aug 2010
Posts: 639
Location: The Great White North
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Fray32 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
I think there's a VERY possible chance at a winning record this year tbh. Our record is so much easier from here. @ Atlanta will be a tough game, @ Carolina will be tough but winnable, and if our struggles w/ the Rams are over that's also a possible victory. Cardinals aren't so good this year. Two games vs Tampa. And Detroit will be a tough but winnable game. I think the three toughest games will be Atlanta, Carolina, and Detroit. Win one of those and we're looking at 9-7. Win two and we could win double digits and possibly in the playoffs. Prediction is 9-7.
taking games against anyone other than maybe Cleveland/San Fran for granted?? Confused

Agree that a lot of these are winnable games. We've yet to show the consistency to expect wins in "winnable" match-ups however. All of these opponents see the Saints as a winnable game, too.


Mate all I did was say it was very possible. Did you see me say anywhere in my post "wow all but three of these games are super easy wins". Just that it's my prediction we win them and take one of the Atlanta/Detroit/Carolina games.
hopefully you're right, and hopefully we win 6 of the last 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Fray32 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
I think there's a VERY possible chance at a winning record this year tbh. Our record is so much easier from here. @ Atlanta will be a tough game, @ Carolina will be tough but winnable, and if our struggles w/ the Rams are over that's also a possible victory. Cardinals aren't so good this year. Two games vs Tampa. And Detroit will be a tough but winnable game. I think the three toughest games will be Atlanta, Carolina, and Detroit. Win one of those and we're looking at 9-7. Win two and we could win double digits and possibly in the playoffs. Prediction is 9-7.
taking games against anyone other than maybe Cleveland/San Fran for granted?? Confused

Agree that a lot of these are winnable games. We've yet to show the consistency to expect wins in "winnable" match-ups however. All of these opponents see the Saints as a winnable game, too.


Mate all I did was say it was very possible. Did you see me say anywhere in my post "wow all but three of these games are super easy wins". Just that it's my prediction we win them and take one of the Atlanta/Detroit/Carolina games.
hopefully you're right, and hopefully we win 6 of the last 7.


I sure hope so! Would love to win double digits, I just think it might be too much for this team to do w/ how hard our schedule has been up to this point. I'd say my 9-7 one is already an optimistic prediction. 8-8 is the most likely record at this point.
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group