Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tavon Wilson
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31237
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

What do you all think of him? He gonna be the starter next year too?
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11110
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
What do you all think of him? He gonna be the starter next year too?
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.


I hope we find an upgrade before next season.
_________________
Montana badboy wrote:
Nnivolcm is a boss. That is all.
LionsFTW wrote:
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rob_shadows


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 3595
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:
What do you all think of him? He gonna be the starter next year too?
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.


I hope we find an upgrade before next season.


Me too but I'm not overly confident we will...we need a lot of defensive upgrades and Wilson isn't the top priority in my opinion...barely even top 5.

I'd put OLB, MLB, DT, and probably CB (unless Banks really surprises) over S on the priority list as of now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31237
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:
What do you all think of him? He gonna be the starter next year too?
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.


I hope we find an upgrade before next season.


Me too but I'm not overly confident we will...we need a lot of defensive upgrades and Wilson isn't the top priority in my opinion...barely even top 5.

I'd put OLB, MLB, DT, and probably CB (unless Banks really surprises) over S on the priority list as of now.


Any hope for Killebrew as the starter next year?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 11110
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:
What do you all think of him? He gonna be the starter next year too?
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.


I hope we find an upgrade before next season.


Me too but I'm not overly confident we will...we need a lot of defensive upgrades and Wilson isn't the top priority in my opinion...barely even top 5.

I'd put OLB, MLB, DT, and probably CB (unless Banks really surprises) over S on the priority list as of now.


Any hope for Killebrew as the starter next year?


There's always hope that a young player with high upside improves.
_________________
Montana badboy wrote:
Nnivolcm is a boss. That is all.
LionsFTW wrote:
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31237
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:
What do you all think of him? He gonna be the starter next year too?
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.


I hope we find an upgrade before next season.


Me too but I'm not overly confident we will...we need a lot of defensive upgrades and Wilson isn't the top priority in my opinion...barely even top 5.

I'd put OLB, MLB, DT, and probably CB (unless Banks really surprises) over S on the priority list as of now.


Any hope for Killebrew as the starter next year?


There's always hope that a young player with high upside improves.


True. It's a good thing you guys got Wilson for next year as well. I just scouted him a little and it looks like he's been solid for you all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theuntouchable


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 10048
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:
What do you all think of him? He gonna be the starter next year too?
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.


I hope we find an upgrade before next season.


Me too but I'm not overly confident we will...we need a lot of defensive upgrades and Wilson isn't the top priority in my opinion...barely even top 5.

I'd put OLB, MLB, DT, and probably CB (unless Banks really surprises) over S on the priority list as of now.


I'd add a DE to that mix as well.
_________________

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 10968
Location: Detroit, Michigan
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:
What do you all think of him? He gonna be the starter next year too?
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.


I hope we find an upgrade before next season.


Me too but I'm not overly confident we will...we need a lot of defensive upgrades and Wilson isn't the top priority in my opinion...barely even top 5.

I'd put OLB, MLB, DT, and probably CB (unless Banks really surprises) over S on the priority list as of now.


I don't know, S is pretty bad for us right now. Without Quin, we'd be abused non-stop.

I'd probably list them:

OLB
MLB
CB (if Banks doesn't work out)
SS
CB (if Banks does work out)
DT

If we could get a hybrid S/LB that would put a band aid on two spots, allowing us to address other needs until we could add more there. That is why it's probably my top priority right now.
_________________

Sig by El Ramster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrLionzz


Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Posts: 524
Location: Sturgis Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killebrew most likely will start next year. They are grooming him for it. I could also see him adding bulk and playing LB/s not S/LB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bishop86


Joined: 08 Dec 2015
Posts: 16
Location: Troy, NY
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We currently have only Ansah and Zettel under contract for 2017. We need DE help big time. I would list our defensive needs as DE, LB, DT, CB, S. While I would prioritize our defense, we also need a RT and RG unless Reiff/ Warford aren't resigned. I'm hoping Reiff is extended soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TimeForChange


Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Posts: 3394
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When has Detroit's secondary not been its biggest off season priority?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 27635
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside, outside, front to back.

Need wise I find LB to be a huge requirement especially since Levy can't be healthy.

A penetrating DT.

I still hold out hope for Taylor but if an opportunity is there to add a bookend for Ansah get er done.

S and CB have been needs for so long I'm tired of writing it.

If they have an opportunity to add Connor Williams, next year I wouldn't be opposed. He's the nephew of a good friend and posses tenacity, work ethic and potential.
_________________


Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 31237
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early Prediction: Who's gonna start at S next year, Wilson or Killebrew?

I know a lot of stuff can and will happen until then, but I just want to get a feel for what you all think.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36679
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Early Prediction: Who's gonna start at S next year, Wilson or Killebrew?

I know a lot of stuff can and will happen until then, but I just want to get a feel for what you all think.
Wilson will start off as the starter. Killebrew will have to out play him to get the starting spot. Rafael Bush will likely leave in free agency for a secure starting job elsewhere, so the position should be between those two. It's possible the Lions add another safety to have the depth needed to run a lot of 3 safety sets again. If they sign another safety, someone like Duron Harmon for example, then Wilson and Killebrew would be the 3rd safety and rotate depending on who fits what situation better.
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theuntouchable


Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Posts: 10048
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Early Prediction: Who's gonna start at S next year, Wilson or Killebrew?

I know a lot of stuff can and will happen until then, but I just want to get a feel for what you all think.
Wilson will start off as the starter. Killebrew will have to out play him to get the starting spot. Rafael Bush will likely leave in free agency for a secure starting job elsewhere, so the position should be between those two. It's possible the Lions add another safety to have the depth needed to run a lot of 3 safety sets again. If they sign another safety, someone like Duron Harmon for example, then Wilson and Killebrew would be the 3rd safety and rotate depending on who fits what situation better.


I'd agree with this. Killebrew played well in his limited snaps but I think he only saw a very small amount of the defensive sets and was really only brought in for a few specific situations for the most part. It's possible that he takes a big step and makes it to the top but he was caught out of position a few times too.
_________________

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group