Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tavon Wilson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

What do you all think of him? He gonna be the starter next year too?
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Seems like he should have been a SS all along. Pats tried him at CB and FS, and that's not really his game.

I hope we find an upgrade before next season.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
rob_shadows

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Me too but I'm not overly confident we will...we need a lot of defensive upgrades and Wilson isn't the top priority in my opinion...barely even top 5.

I'd put OLB, MLB, DT, and probably CB (unless Banks really surprises) over S on the priority list as of now.
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Me too but I'm not overly confident we will...we need a lot of defensive upgrades and Wilson isn't the top priority in my opinion...barely even top 5.

I'd put OLB, MLB, DT, and probably CB (unless Banks really surprises) over S on the priority list as of now.

Any hope for Killebrew as the starter next year?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:

There's always hope that a young player with high upside improves.
All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:

There's always hope that a young player with high upside improves.

True. It's a good thing you guys got Wilson for next year as well. I just scouted him a little and it looks like he's been solid for you all.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:

I'd add a DE to that mix as well.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Tavon Wilson Reply with quote

rob_shadows wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
the lone star wrote:

I don't know, S is pretty bad for us right now. Without Quin, we'd be abused non-stop.

I'd probably list them:

OLB
MLB
CB (if Banks doesn't work out)
SS
CB (if Banks does work out)
DT

If we could get a hybrid S/LB that would put a band aid on two spots, allowing us to address other needs until we could add more there. That is why it's probably my top priority right now.

Sig by El Ramster
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killebrew most likely will start next year. They are grooming him for it. I could also see him adding bulk and playing LB/s not S/LB.
Bishop86

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We currently have only Ansah and Zettel under contract for 2017. We need DE help big time. I would list our defensive needs as DE, LB, DT, CB, S. While I would prioritize our defense, we also need a RT and RG unless Reiff/ Warford aren't resigned. I'm hoping Reiff is extended soon.
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When has Detroit's secondary not been its biggest off season priority?
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside, outside, front to back.

Need wise I find LB to be a huge requirement especially since Levy can't be healthy.

A penetrating DT.

I still hold out hope for Taylor but if an opportunity is there to add a bookend for Ansah get er done.

S and CB have been needs for so long I'm tired of writing it.

If they have an opportunity to add Connor Williams, next year I wouldn't be opposed. He's the nephew of a good friend and posses tenacity, work ethic and potential.

Sig by Smack

Team Stylish
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early Prediction: Who's gonna start at S next year, Wilson or Killebrew?

I know a lot of stuff can and will happen until then, but I just want to get a feel for what you all think.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

I know a lot of stuff can and will happen until then, but I just want to get a feel for what you all think.
Wilson will start off as the starter. Killebrew will have to out play him to get the starting spot. Rafael Bush will likely leave in free agency for a secure starting job elsewhere, so the position should be between those two. It's possible the Lions add another safety to have the depth needed to run a lot of 3 safety sets again. If they sign another safety, someone like Duron Harmon for example, then Wilson and Killebrew would be the 3rd safety and rotate depending on who fits what situation better.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
theuntouchable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
the lone star wrote:

Wilson will start off as the starter. Killebrew will have to out play him to get the starting spot. Rafael Bush will likely leave in free agency for a secure starting job elsewhere, so the position should be between those two. It's possible the Lions add another safety to have the depth needed to run a lot of 3 safety sets again. If they sign another safety, someone like Duron Harmon for example, then Wilson and Killebrew would be the 3rd safety and rotate depending on who fits what situation better.

I'd agree with this. Killebrew played well in his limited snaps but I think he only saw a very small amount of the defensive sets and was really only brought in for a few specific situations for the most part. It's possible that he takes a big step and makes it to the top but he was caught out of position a few times too.

MathMan wrote:
anyone around?

I feel..so cold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: