Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where do we go from here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:
I don't share the same opinion on Goff than RamPackFan but he has the right to say what he's saying.

I was in the same situation than him last year. People didn't want to believe that this team where going nowhere with Fisher even with the Goff draft.

People bashed me a lot, i stood up against 90% of this Rams section. And at the end i was right on every line.

So, let him have his opinion. If he thinks Goff is not the answer, he has his reason. Maybe he will be right in a few years.

thanks, dude! I hope I'm wrong....I really do. I just can't convince myself though. I've seen enough out of him to know what we are dealing with. I'm not claiming to be a Nostradomus or anything, just a feeling that's all.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
I will put it like this. I was a Panther fan from 2002 until the Rams moved back to LA. In 2011 we drafted Cam Newton. Prior to the draft I was dead set against us taking Newton. I thought he was all hype. Wasn't NFL ready. Might never be NFL ready. Was going to take years to develop. And had the ceiling of a faster Vince Young.

But once we drafted him, he was our QB. And no matter how little I cared for him or the pick, I still rooted for him to succeed. I still rooted for him to prove me wrong. Because his success was tied to the teams success. Why would I ever, in my right mind, root against my own teams success????

dude..who said anything about me wanting the Rams as a team to fail? I said Goff. 1 Player. Who's to say another "hidden gem" (Bulger/Warner) can't step in and succeed.....we still have an entire draft and FA to go through. Warner was an undrafted FA outta nowhere and Bulger was found in the 5th round! If Keenum leaves we still have at least one empty spot to fill!

You are actively rooting for Jared Goff to fail. The QB we just spent the lions share of two drafts on. The guy who plays the most important position on the team. The guy that will, in large part, determine the success or failure of the team for the next 5-10 years based on investment. And you are wondering why people have a problem with it? And now you're going to act like he doesn't matter to the success of the team because we might find the next Tom Brady by sheer luck?

Come on, man. A fan is supposed to ride or die. You can think your guy will fail. You can say your guy will fail. You can't root for your guy to fail. And if you do, don't be surprised if you get treated like someone rooting against the team.

The best part to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I'm not worried about how much we invested in him (etc.) I'm worried about being stuck with a low caliber QB and riding him out just because "of an investment"..wasting time and money trying to develop a QB that won't ever pan out to anything as the core of our team diminishes in that time...such as Gurley, Donald, etc.

also, go back and re-read my comment! did I say anything about Tom Brady? Bulger is not tom brady
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:
I don't share the same opinion on Goff than RamPackFan but he has the right to say what he's saying.

I was in the same situation than him last year. People didn't want to believe that this team where going nowhere with Fisher even with the Goff draft.

People bashed me a lot, i stood up against 90% of this Rams section. And at the end i was right on every line.

So, let him have his opinion. If he thinks Goff is not the answer, he has his reason. Maybe he will be right in a few years.

I think you are misunderstanding me. Again, I think it's okay to think Goff is going to fail. I think it is okay to tell everyone you think Goff is going to fail. I have a problem with someone ROOTING for Goff to fail.

There is nothing wrong with giving your honest opinion. You don't have to agree with every move or every pick. You don't have to like every player. You don't have to be impressed with every rookie. Being an objective, reasonable fan means recognizing the good AND the bad. There is nothing wrong with that.

But actively rooting for your team to fail is totally different. And when you hope Goff fails, you are hoping the team fails.

Is it his right to root for Goff to fail? Of course. All I am saying is don't act surprised when people have a problem with it. OF COURSE people are going to have a problem with you rooting against their teams success.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Flounch wrote:

thanks, dude! I hope I'm wrong....I really do. I just can't convince myself though. I've seen enough out of him to know what we are dealing with. I'm not claiming to be a Nostradomus or anything, just a feeling that's all.

How can you hope you are wrong and hope he falls flat on his face at the same time????

Kiltman on the sig!

RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
Flounch wrote:

I think you are misunderstanding me. Again, I think it's okay to think Goff is going to fail. I think it is okay to tell everyone you think Goff is going to fail. I have a problem with someone ROOTING for Goff to fail.

There is nothing wrong with giving your honest opinion. You don't have to agree with every move or every pick. You don't have to like every player. You don't have to be impressed with every rookie. Being an objective, reasonable fan means recognizing the good AND the bad. There is nothing wrong with that.

But actively rooting for your team to fail is totally different. And when you hope Goff fails, you are hoping the team fails.

Is it his right to root for Goff to fail? Of course. All I am saying is don't act surprised when people have a problem with it. OF COURSE people are going to have a problem with you rooting against their teams success.

i'll try and use better wording next time, yo! thanks for the feedback. I'm not a Goff fan at all..Was..I wanted him over Wentz...but I think he's garbage now and want him gone and would rather move on. I'm not sure how else to get him gone rather than him falling on his face.....kinda like how we all wanted Fisher gone, ya know? Many fans were rooting against our own team just to get Fisher outta here.....Any glimpse of success and we could've been stuck with him for god knows how long....you get what I mean by that?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go back and watch the games again, you can see the problems. If there wasn't pressure immediately on most passing plays, then the WR's dropped the passes. Think of how you might look at him had a few HUGE dropped passes been caught for long TD's? Sure he had some bone headed plays, but most rookies do.

I'm not saying I'm sold he's going to be great, but I'm not going to judge his entire stock on his rookie year when he had the worst line in the league and one of the worst WR cores, if not THE worst. Not sure what rookie could thrive in that environment.

HOF Peyton Manning through 28 INTS as a rookie. He ended up ok.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
And just think. We couldve stacked up on both Oline CB and WR last year and been in a position to draft Watson at #5 this year.

That isn't a logical assumption.

Probably not, because had we done that we probably would be drafting a lot lower. I would feel a lot more comfortable with Watson than Goff is all I'm saying...even Mitch shows more promise, IMO.

Why? What does Watson do better than Goff besides scramble?

Everything! You name it. Just look at his stats/game play in the two games he played an NFL caliber team on the biggest NCAA stage. Goff would crap himself! lol. Honestly, if you can't see the big difference between the two you aren't watching the games. I know I'm coming across as a Debbie downer and all negative and what not, but in all reality Goff is garbage. I know most of you don't like to hear that and want more time, but I've seen enough out of him to read what we have at that position. I'm really hoping he falls flat on his face next year so we can be in a position to get a solid QB in 2018 - That Class is DEEP! Rosen, Darnold, Falk, Jackson, Josh Allen....Browning! All I think are better prospects than Goff.

Bahahahahahahaha!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah man, literally cant take a single word that guy says seriously.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
And just think. We couldve stacked up on both Oline CB and WR last year and been in a position to draft Watson at #5 this year.

Probably not, because had we done that we probably would be drafting a lot lower. I would feel a lot more comfortable with Watson than Goff is all I'm saying...even Mitch shows more promise, IMO.

Everything! You name it. Just look at his stats/game play in the two games he played an NFL caliber team on the biggest NCAA stage. Goff would crap himself! lol. Honestly, if you can't see the big difference between the two you aren't watching the games. I know I'm coming across as a Debbie downer and all negative and what not, but in all reality Goff is garbage. I know most of you don't like to hear that and want more time, but I've seen enough out of him to read what we have at that position. I'm really hoping he falls flat on his face next year so we can be in a position to get a solid QB in 2018 - That Class is DEEP! Rosen, Darnold, Falk, Jackson, Josh Allen....Browning! All I think are better prospects than Goff.

Bahahahahahahaha!

Laugh all you want.....whats funny is you were in denial and had blinders on the whole time with Bradford too....I was right about him being trash jist like Im gonna be right about this clown (Goff).
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

well, you'll be eating your words soon enough! I'll be here next year to hear all your excuses while I say "I told you so" ..sorry I insulted your man crush
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we trade everything in this draft for DeShaun Watson.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

Get some therapy for the hurts, bro. Rolling Eyes

Kiltman on the sig!

jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Get some therapy for the hurts, bro. Rolling Eyes

That was more time than I'd put in a response. I was thinking "Bahahahahahahaha" would suffice again.

RamPackFan wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

Bahahahahahahaha!

Laugh all you want.....whats funny is you were in denial and had blinders on the whole time with Bradford too....I was right about him being trash jist like Im gonna be right about this clown (Goff).

Sam Trashford just set the NFL record for completion percentage and posted a passer rating of 99.3 behind the one OL in the NFL worse than ours. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

well, you'll be eating your words soon enough! I'll be here next year to hear all your excuses while I say "I told you so" ..sorry I insulted your man crush

Good to know that you'll be here rooting against the team next year. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/11/tre-mason-arrested-atv-chase/

This breaks my heart..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24

Jump to: