FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Where do we go from here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to silence your opinion, but it is not based on any stats or facts. You just keep saying, "if you don't see it, you must not be watching the games". How can you properly judge Goff without acknowledging his circumstances and then damn him completely? I agree, he did not look good at all this year. I agree, we probably should not have drafted him or atleast given up what we did for him. BUT I will say there is hope for him and wondering what we could have done is pointless. We could have gone a lot of different ways in other drafts, but what value does that add to the conversation?

I think Goff's ceiling is Matt Ryan and I thought that before Ryan had an MVP caliber season. If he can atleast put up 4000+yards 20+ TD's and limit turnovers to under 10 a season, we will be a perennial playoff team. Especially with Arizona and San Fran on the downward slope.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
Why would you root for Goff to fail if you're Rams fan? He is our QB for atleast the next 3-5 years barring trade or major injury. Deal with it. It is painful to read what you post and offers nothing of value.

sorry I hurt your feelings, man! just my opinion on the matter. I'm a life long fan and if it's not complaining about the QB it's something else the past few decades...I also hated the Tony Banks era and had to live through that ordeal too....it was just as painful. Telling me to deal with our QB situation and not talk about it is like saying the same about Kronke and anything that has to do with our organization - DEAL WITH IT. why even have a forum to discuss anything at all if "it is what it is?"

I see a lot of people wanting to silence those with opposing opinions up in here? what's with that?

If your opinion is that you hope the QB we just spent all those picks on fails, Rams fans are generally going to want to silence you. Does that seem odd or out of place? Most of us want him to succeed. Because that would be great for the team. You? You are rooting against the teams success. Of course people aren't going to be cool with that.

And relax with the "hurt your feelings" nonsense. I can go that route and start calling you buttercup and call you a great big whining bartered wife. It isn't going to be good for the boards and isn't going to be good for discussion so dial it back a notch for everyone's sake.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
And just think. We couldve stacked up on both Oline CB and WR last year and been in a position to draft Watson at #5 this year.

That isn't a logical assumption.

Probably not, because had we done that we probably would be drafting a lot lower. I would feel a lot more comfortable with Watson than Goff is all I'm saying...even Mitch shows more promise, IMO.

Why? What does Watson do better than Goff besides scramble?

Everything! You name it. Just look at his stats/game play in the two games he played an NFL caliber team on the biggest NCAA stage. Goff would crap himself! lol. Honestly, if you can't see the big difference between the two you aren't watching the games. I know I'm coming across as a Debbie downer and all negative and what not, but in all reality Goff is garbage. I know most of you don't like to hear that and want more time, but I've seen enough out of him to read what we have at that position. I'm really hoping he falls flat on his face next year so we can be in a position to get a solid QB in 2018 - That Class is DEEP! Rosen, Darnold, Falk, Jackson, Josh Allen....Browning! All I think are better prospects than Goff.

How do you explain all those QBs in the past that looked terrible in their first seven starts and ended up being good?

And don't get it twisted. Alabama is not an NFL caliber team. Not even close. They're a good college team. However, most of them will never make the cut and play in the NFL and those that do will play like rookies. Lost and confused and trying to catch up to the NFL game. You simply cannot compare stats that way. Nor can you compare "the eye test" that way. Because let's be honest, "College Goff" looked better than "NFL Goff." Playing against lesser competition will do that.

Kiltman on the sig!

RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
I don't want to silence your opinion, but it is not based on any stats or facts. You just keep saying, "if you don't see it, you must not be watching the games". How can you properly judge Goff without acknowledging his circumstances and then damn him completely? I agree, he did not look good at all this year. I agree, we probably should not have drafted him or atleast given up what we did for him. BUT I will say there is hope for him and wondering what we could have done is pointless. We could have gone a lot of different ways in other drafts, but what value does that add to the conversation?

I think Goff's ceiling is Matt Ryan and I thought that before Ryan had an MVP caliber season. If he can atleast put up 4000+yards 20+ TD's and limit turnovers to under 10 a season, we will be a perennial playoff team. Especially with Arizona and San Fran on the downward slope.

you're right...going back in time is absolutely pointless. I was just pointing out a "what if" or "should've" scenario. Most of what people type up in this forum is all "what if" speculation type stuff. It sparks conversation. I'm not trying to argue back and fourth with anyone, just pointing out some things that I think about time to time. If you don't like it keep scrolling along...if you feel like joining in the convo, have at it. But to say it adds nothing? well, that's just crazy. I like to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts on things.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
Why would you root for Goff to fail if you're Rams fan? He is our QB for atleast the next 3-5 years barring trade or major injury. Deal with it. It is painful to read what you post and offers nothing of value.

sorry I hurt your feelings, man! just my opinion on the matter. I'm a life long fan and if it's not complaining about the QB it's something else the past few decades...I also hated the Tony Banks era and had to live through that ordeal too....it was just as painful. Telling me to deal with our QB situation and not talk about it is like saying the same about Kronke and anything that has to do with our organization - DEAL WITH IT. why even have a forum to discuss anything at all if "it is what it is?"

I see a lot of people wanting to silence those with opposing opinions up in here? what's with that?

If your opinion is that you hope the QB we just spent all those picks on fails, Rams fans are generally going to want to silence you. Does that seem odd or out of place? Most of us want him to succeed. Because that would be great for the team. You? You are rooting against the teams success. Of course people aren't going to be cool with that.

And relax with the "hurt your feelings" nonsense. I can go that route and start calling you buttercup and call you a great big whining bartered wife. It isn't going to be good for the boards and isn't going to be good for discussion so dial it back a notch for everyone's sake.

well, if you go back a few years I was also saying the same about Bradford...I'd just rather cut ties now and move on rather than being stuck spinning our wheels for the next 3-4 like we did with Bradford. Bradford is garbage, always was. He can't stay on 1 team longer than a year...he's a bridge gapper! like a Sanchez or Fitzpatrick type..someone who's filling the spot momentarily. He was never good enough to lead a team anywhere never will be.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
And just think. We couldve stacked up on both Oline CB and WR last year and been in a position to draft Watson at #5 this year.

Probably not, because had we done that we probably would be drafting a lot lower. I would feel a lot more comfortable with Watson than Goff is all I'm saying...even Mitch shows more promise, IMO.

Everything! You name it. Just look at his stats/game play in the two games he played an NFL caliber team on the biggest NCAA stage. Goff would crap himself! lol. Honestly, if you can't see the big difference between the two you aren't watching the games. I know I'm coming across as a Debbie downer and all negative and what not, but in all reality Goff is garbage. I know most of you don't like to hear that and want more time, but I've seen enough out of him to read what we have at that position. I'm really hoping he falls flat on his face next year so we can be in a position to get a solid QB in 2018 - That Class is DEEP! Rosen, Darnold, Falk, Jackson, Josh Allen....Browning! All I think are better prospects than Goff.

How do you explain all those QBs in the past that looked terrible in their first seven starts and ended up being good?

And don't get it twisted. Alabama is not an NFL caliber team. Not even close. They're a good college team. However, most of them will never make the cut and play in the NFL and those that do will play like rookies. Lost and confused and trying to catch up to the NFL game. You simply cannot compare stats that way. Nor can you compare "the eye test" that way. Because let's be honest, "College Goff" looked better than "NFL Goff." Playing against lesser competition will do that.

dude...I'm being 100% sincere when I say this. I think Bama would beat our Rams right now. I'd put $ on that even. Go back and look at all the top draft picks the last 5 years and get back to me. let me know how many of them are pro bowlers or immediate impact players.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:

well, if you go back a few years I was also saying the same about Bradford...I'd just rather cut ties now and move on rather than being stuck spinning our wheels for the next 3-4 like we did with Bradford. Bradford is garbage, always was. He can't stay on 1 team longer than a year...he's a bridge gapper! like a Sanchez or Fitzpatrick type..someone who's filling the spot momentarily. He was never good enough to lead a team anywhere never will be.

Have you ever been wrong about a player?

And there is a huge difference between THINKING a player will fail and HOPING a player will fail.

Kiltman on the sig!

Last edited by Non-Issue on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
stl4life07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

dude...I'm being 100% sincere when I say this. I think Bama would beat our Rams right now. I'd put $ on that even. Go back and look at all the top draft picks the last 5 years and get back to me. let me know how many of them are pro bowlers or immediate impact players.

Stop it with the X college team could beat X pro team. It's not gonna happen.

You do realize the Rams have beaten the Seahawks (best team in the NFC in recent history) 4 out of the last 5 times. The Rams would crush Bama. Hurts would get hurt (no pun intended). An 18 year old against men like Brockers, Donald, Quinn, etc...

The game is would be a blood bath with the Rams probably shutting Bama out so can you stop it with Bama could beat the Rams talk. It won't happen.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

No. The game wouldn't even be close.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
holt_bruce81 wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:

And I would take that bet and cash in.

It ain't even about immediate impact players, which Alabama may not have any. It's about NFL quality players. Every player on the Rams is NFL quality. Maybe not the highest quality. But they're NFL quality. How many Bama players you think are NFL quality?

There is a reason why so many rookie Players struggle initially at the NFL level? It ain't because they forgot how to play. It's because they're playing the best players college has to offer. Whole teams of college all stars.

I mean, how many Bama offensive linemen make it to the NFL? You think they're ready for our front Four???

Nah. There is no way. They would get creamed by an NFL team.

Kiltman on the sig!

Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will put it like this. I was a Panther fan from 2002 until the Rams moved back to LA. In 2011 we drafted Cam Newton. Prior to the draft I was dead set against us taking Newton. I thought he was all hype. Wasn't NFL ready. Might never be NFL ready. Was going to take years to develop. And had the ceiling of a faster Vince Young.

But once we drafted him, he was our QB. And no matter how little I cared for him or the pick, I still rooted for him to succeed. I still rooted for him to prove me wrong. Because his success was tied to the teams success. Why would I ever, in my right mind, root against my own teams success????

Kiltman on the sig!

RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:

Have you ever been wrong about a player?

And there is a huge difference between THINKING a player will fail and HOPING a player will fail.

yea, I have. I thought Manziel was gonna be solid....hard to tell now since he let his character get in the way. I still like what I saw from Manziel a lot better than what I seen from Goff...and Manziel had a lot less to work with, IMO.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
I will put it like this. I was a Panther fan from 2002 until the Rams moved back to LA. In 2011 we drafted Cam Newton. Prior to the draft I was dead set against us taking Newton. I thought he was all hype. Wasn't NFL ready. Might never be NFL ready. Was going to take years to develop. And had the ceiling of a faster Vince Young.

But once we drafted him, he was our QB. And no matter how little I cared for him or the pick, I still rooted for him to succeed. I still rooted for him to prove me wrong. Because his success was tied to the teams success. Why would I ever, in my right mind, root against my own teams success????

dude..who said anything about me wanting the Rams as a team to fail? I said Goff. 1 Player. Who's to say another "hidden gem" (Bulger/Warner) can't step in and succeed.....we still have an entire draft and FA to go through. Warner was an undrafted FA outta nowhere and Bulger was found in the 5th round! If Keenum leaves we still have at least one empty spot to fill!
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

dude..who said anything about me wanting the Rams as a team to fail? I said Goff. 1 Player. Who's to say another "hidden gem" (Bulger/Warner) can't step in and succeed.....we still have an entire draft and FA to go through. Warner was an undrafted FA outta nowhere and Bulger was found in the 5th round! If Keenum leaves we still have at least one empty spot to fill!

You are actively rooting for Jared Goff to fail. The QB we just spent the lions share of two drafts on. The guy who plays the most important position on the team. The guy that will, in large part, determine the success or failure of the team for the next 5-10 years based on investment. And you are wondering why people have a problem with it? And now you're going to act like he doesn't matter to the success of the team because we might find the next Tom Brady by sheer luck?

Come on, man. A fan is supposed to ride or die. You can think your guy will fail. You can say your guy will fail. You can't root for your guy to fail. And if you do, don't be surprised if you get treated like someone rooting against the team.

Kiltman on the sig!

Flounch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't share the same opinion on Goff than RamPackFan but he has the right to say what he's saying.

I was in the same situation than him last year. People didn't want to believe that this team where going nowhere with Fisher even with the Goff draft.

People bashed me a lot, i stood up against 90% of this Rams section. And at the end i was right on every line.

So, let him have his opinion. If he thinks Goff is not the answer, he has his reason. Maybe he will be right in a few years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: