Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breshad Perriman - Breakout Potential Next Year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I think we have (and have had) philosophical differences on cap charges.

Yes we have Laughing

But forgetting the nitty gritty of contracts and numbers, you have to see that we need Mike Wallace on this team, right? He's the most reliable receiver on this team AND he has the big play, stretch the field potential that meshes with Flacco. How bad would this offense have been without him this year?

sp6488 wrote:
A little bit of a tangent... If they renegotiate, does that 2.25 roll into the new deal's dead money and amortize over the new term? Never have received an answer on that,

It does not. That's from the signing bonus. The cap hit for that is spread out over the life of the deal, but there's no way to move the cap hit after signing (unless player does something to void contract and team recoups it). The money that he is due is salary, however, can be converted into a signing bonus in a new deal, and that cap hit can be moved (pushed back over life of a new deal).
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
I think we have (and have had) philosophical differences on cap charges.

Yes we have Laughing

But forgetting the nitty gritty of contracts and numbers, you have to see that we need Mike Wallace on this team, right? He's the most reliable receiver on this team AND he has the big play, stretch the field potential that meshes with Flacco. How bad would this offense have been without him this year?

No no no, I haven't been arguing or implying Wallace might get cut. That can't happen. Flacco seems to really click with him and with Smith and Aiken more than likely gone there can't be much more change at wide receiver. My only point is that I'm expecting an extension for Mike this offseason because of the cap stuff and his solid play on the field thus far. He and Weddle have both not looked old and burned out so far.

Anyways, back to Perriman. I did see that touchdown catch. That probably could have been overturned but it's still nice to see him make a play in the endzone. I'm hoping for more involvement going forward but a lot of that depends on Flacco having enough time to actually throw passes down the field too. None of the wide receivers are going to do much if Joe wants/has to check down with a short pass all the time.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
I'm not a believer personally.

I think he can have a 650 yard season with about 14 YAC total and that's just a combination of all of the yards gained after he trips over his own feet.

Eh, I personally think its too early to write him off. Reading this forum, you would think he missed 3 seasons already, rather than one. I'll evaluate where he stands at the end of this year.

It's not about him missing a season to me, it's about what he is lacking when he is actually on the field.

His hands have always been inconsistent. He'll make a hell of a grab one play and then drop the easiest one. His route running is still poor. His lateral agility is poor. And he's just an awkward looking, clumsy athlete who always seems to be falling over as he makes a catch.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Danand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
I'm not a believer personally.

I think he can have a 650 yard season with about 14 YAC total and that's just a combination of all of the yards gained after he trips over his own feet.

Eh, I personally think its too early to write him off. Reading this forum, you would think he missed 3 seasons already, rather than one. I'll evaluate where he stands at the end of this year.

It's not about him missing a season to me, it's about what he is lacking when he is actually on the field.

His hands have always been inconsistent. He'll make a hell of a grab one play and then drop the easiest one. His route running is still poor. His lateral agility is poor. And he's just an awkward looking, clumsy athlete who always seems to be falling over as he makes a catch.

A couple of weeks ago Perriman made a nice catch and tumbled to the ground. In the Bengals game A.J. Green made a similar catch and kept his balance and ran for extra yards.

I like A.J. Green, I am a bit envious
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Green was an absolute stud in college at a major program, the #4 pick in his draft and has gone on to be a Top 5 WR in the NFL.

Perriman will never be that and never was going to be. It's not that helpful a comparison. Perriman being a consistent 1000 yd receiver should be all we should be (somewhat realistically) hoping for from him imo

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
paraven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what I see from Perriman so far. Like DRD said he will never be an AJ Green, but I cant see why he wont develop into a Eric Decker caliber player. Give it time
dcarey20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He reminds me so much of where Torrey Smith was early in his career for us.

This is basically his rookie season. You can tell he works hard and wants nothing more than to play well and contribute to the team. He's raw and I think he wants to make an impression so badly that it hurts his confidence sometimes.

But like Torrey in a sense, I think he's on the verge of a breakout. I'm not saying he's going to be a bonafide star #1, but I think he can turn into a quality player for us. He needs a little more time and he needs to continue to grow his confidence play by play, and show up in big moments.

I've still go optimism on him and I have said previously. But I know that there are a wide range of opinions on him and his future, probably rightfully so.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he can be a Torrey Smith for us but a Torrey Smith who is wearing shoes 6 sizes too large and untied.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Torrey, apparently the 49'ers were trying to trade him at the deadline. If he were to be cut this offseason for cap reasons, what would you think of bringing him back to Baltimore (taking S. Smith's roster spot)?

Wallace
Smith
Perriman
Moore
Campanero/draftee
Reynolds

Some serious speed in that top 4.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much speed and not enough guys who can make a contested catch imo

RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hated Torrey in his last season. He didn't finish routes, didn't go to make contested catches, and did lazy blocks. Exactly the opposite of how he played from his previous years. I still remember that play in the divisional round where Flacco threw it to him deep, Torrey just stopped and it got intercepted ending our play off run. I don't know why he did that, maybe he had a problem with a coach or something. I personally don't want him back unless he signs a cheap deal. There's probably going to be some other veterans that that we can get.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torrey basically just seems disinterested in giving full effort on the field. In the last year with us and in SF now too.

If he comes cheap, sure. But if not, I'd rather see what Chris Moore has to offer.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
I hated Torrey in his last season. He didn't finish routes, didn't go to make contested catches, and did lazy blocks. Exactly the opposite of how he played from his previous years. I still remember that play in the divisional round where Flacco threw it to him deep, Torrey just stopped and it got intercepted ending our play off run. I don't know why he did that, maybe he had a problem with a coach or something. I personally don't want him back unless he signs a cheap deal. There's probably going to be some other veterans that that we can get.

I feel like that was sort of a given part of the premise, that he would be significantly cheaper than the money he is making now. His skillset and familiarity with Joe would make him more valuable to us than most other teams given his struggles in SF. The question is what a reasonable deal would be. He'll be 28 next year, so he probably would like the potential to hit the market again for another deal from a position of somewhat strength. Would something like $13.5M/3 years with ~$7.5M guaranteed get it done, Could have a cap hit of ~$3M in year one. Somewhat similar to the Mike Wallace deal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that could work. Are there any other quality WRs set to be FAs after this season?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
I think that could work. Are there any other quality WRs set to be FAs after this season?

Depends on how you define "quality"

Guys who will become UFAs include:
Alshon Jeffrey (too expensive, possible franchise tag)
Michael Floyd (too expensive)
Terrelle Pryor (Browns would be stupid to let him go, probably too expensive if they do)
Kendall Wright
Pierre Garcon
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Britt
Robert Woods
Brandon LaFell
Terrence Williams
Markus Wheaton
Kenny Stills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: