You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breshad Perriman - Breakout Potential Next Year
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Breshad Perriman - Breakout Potential Next Year Reply with quote

You all think he will breakout next year since he'll have another year of experience under his belt and Steve Smith Sr. will likely be gone?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's extremely raw, i could see a 800+ yard type season if he starts next year

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
he's extremely raw, i could see a 800+ yard type season if he starts next year

Man, I hope he's not a bust. Flacco will give him targets though. If that happens, I think Perriman will be in for a good season.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the offensive line give Flacco time to throw in the pocket? That's the biggest factor. Joe with no confidence in his line is an ugly thing to behold and nobody in the passing game will look good.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a believer personally.

I think he can have a 650 yard season with about 14 YAC total and that's just a combination of all of the yards gained after he trips over his own feet.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Wallace will definitely be the favorite to be the #1 next year. So, 800 yards would be a good spot for Perriman. He hasn't really had an offseason yet, with injures before training camp both years, and he's still able to contribute as a role player this year. I'm not too discouraged by anything I've seen on the field.

The Wallace signing was huge for not having to force him to do too much too soon.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Mike Wallace will definitely be the favorite to be the #1 next year. So, 800 yards would be a good spot for Perriman. He hasn't really had an offseason yet, with injures before training camp both years, and he's still able to contribute as a role player this year. I'm not too discouraged by anything I've seen on the field.

The Wallace signing was huge for not having to force him to do too much too soon.

I'm actually pretty intrigued by what will happen with Wallace now. He has an $8 million cap number next year and I really don't think the team will want him at that expense, so an extension seems likely to me. Mike has definitely earned one though. He and Flacco have some nice chemistry (when Joe isn't fearing for his life/knee) and the Ravens can't afford to keep shuffling a large part of the wide receivers. The offense isn't good enough for that, although there should be a large shift there with a new staff this offseason.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
He has an $8 million cap number next year and I really don't think the team will want him at that expense

That is the cap hit. $2.25 of that is dead money from his signing bonus, doesn't matter whether he's here or not, that's on the cap and shouldn't factor into looking at his contract at all. That money's already been paid to him for his services THIS year.

Wallace contract was a very clean 2 year $11.5M deal with an escape (team option) after one year where he only gets half the money. Another way to think of it was as a 1 year 5.75M, with a team option to lock in that price for the following season. We paid him $5.75M before this season, and have to decide whether we want to pay him $5.75M to play for us next year. Easy call. Nothing needs to be addressed with his contract for next year; take it and run Cool
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
He has an $8 million cap number next year and I really don't think the team will want him at that expense

That is the cap hit. $2.25 of that is dead money from his signing bonus, doesn't matter whether he's here or not, that's on the cap and shouldn't factor into looking at his contract at all. That money's already been paid to him for his services THIS year.

Wallace contract was a very clean 2 year $11.5M deal with an escape (team option) after one year where he only gets half the money. Another way to think of it was as a 1 year 5.75M, with a team option to lock in that price for the following season. We paid him $5.75M before this season, and have to decide whether we want to pay him $5.75M to play for us next year. Easy call. Nothing needs to be addressed with his contract for next year; take it and run Cool

I know this. But $5.75 million is still a large number that I expect to be reduced with an extension. The team may have paid him that amount this season but it only cost them $3.5 million against the cap and that's the more relevant number in my opinion.

Biscotti isn't exactly pinching pennies when it comes to the team and the Ravens pretty much always end up really close to hitting the salary cap when it's all said and done. They're not going to want Wallace as the 5th highest cap number on the team next season (which he currently is). Something will get done there.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I know this. But $5.75 million is still a large number that I expect to be reduced with an extension. The team may have paid him that amount this season but it only cost them $3.5 million against the cap and that's the more relevant number in my opinion.

Bold is where we disagree. Sunk costs are not relevant; the $2.25M signing bonus charge in 2017 doesn't "belong" to 2017 Mike Wallace's contract status any more than it does 2017 Flacco's contract status or 2017 Tucker's or 2017 Brandon Williams'. Wallace is costing them $5.75million against the cap by being on the team THIS year. The charge is just split over two years. And given that we have more than $2.25M of cap room this year (which is now rolling over to next year), there was literally no point even splitting the cap charge.

Not only that but $5.75M is by no stretch "a large number" for what Wallace is providing. I would pick up a hypothetical team option for $8M salary for Wallace next year without even blinking, if that was the deal.

Bottom line is, the only way Wallace's contract is touched this offseason is if the team wants to secure more years, and those addition years will certainly have to be at significantly more than $5.75M cap hit/year.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

I think he can have a 650 yard season with about 14 YAC total and that's just a combination of all of the yards gained after he trips over his own feet.

Eh, I personally think its too early to write him off. Reading this forum, you would think he missed 3 seasons already, rather than one. I'll evaluate where he stands at the end of this year.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

Eh, I personally think its too early to write him off. Reading this forum, you would think he missed 3 seasons already, rather than one. I'll evaluate where he stands at the end of this year.

Suh dude
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Bold is where we disagree. Sunk costs are not relevant; the $2.25M signing bonus charge in 2017 doesn't "belong" to 2017 Mike Wallace's contract status any more than it does 2017 Flacco's contract status or 2017 Tucker's or 2017 Brandon Williams'. Wallace is costing them $5.75million against the cap by being on the team THIS year. The charge is just split over two years. And given that we have more than $2.25M of cap room this year (which is now rolling over to next year), there was literally no point even splitting the cap charge.

Not only that but $5.75M is by no stretch "a large number" for what Wallace is providing. I would pick up a hypothetical team option for $8M salary for Wallace next year without even blinking, if that was the deal.

Bottom line is, the only way Wallace's contract is touched this offseason is if the team wants to secure more years, and those addition years will certainly have to be at significantly more than $5.75M cap hit/year.

I think we have (and have had) philosophical differences on cap charges. Like I said before I realize what the sunk cost part of the cap hits are (signing bonus), was just comparing a $3.5 million overall cap hit this year and an $8 million overall cap hit next year. That's a fairly big difference in my opinion and I don't think the Ravens will want to keep the number that high, especially when $5.75 million of is is renegotiable.

McFarland has them at $151,785,489 in salary for 44 players next season as of October 26th and carrying over $2,723,910 million. Will be interesting to see what the cap rises to but assuming $165 million, up from $155 million, that gives the team about $16 million to play with while considering Williams, Wagner, Juszczyk, Orr (RFA), and West (RFA) as the priority free agents. Levine is close to being on that list too. I think the Ravens try to get deals done with all of them while bringing in the usual one or two veterans. Gonna need every bit of cap space they can get.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

I think we have (and have had) philosophical differences on cap charges. Like I said before I realize what the sunk cost part of the cap hits are (signing bonus), was just comparing a $3.5 million overall cap hit this year and an $8 million overall cap hit next year. That's a fairly big difference in my opinion and I don't think the Ravens will want to keep the number that high, especially when $5.75 million of is is renegotiable.

McFarland has them at $151,785,489 in salary for 44 players next season as of October 26th and carrying over $2,723,910 million. Will be interesting to see what the cap rises to but assuming $165 million, up from $155 million, that gives the team about $16 million to play with while considering Williams, Wagner, Juszczyk, Orr (RFA), and West (RFA) as the priority free agents. Levine is close to being on that list too. I think the Ravens try to get deals done with all of them while bringing in the usual one or two veterans. Gonna need every bit of cap space they can get.

A little bit of a tangent... If they renegotiate, does that 2.25 roll into the new deal's dead money and amortize over the new term? Never have received an answer on that,
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
A little bit of a tangent... If they renegotiate, does that 2.25 roll into the new deal's dead money and amortize over the new term? Never have received an answer on that,

They stay the same. Say Wallace signs a 2-year extension with a $6 million signing bonus giving him a 3-year contract. He would have $4.25 million in bonus prorations the first year, $2 million in bonus prorations the second year, and $2 million in bonus prorations the third year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: