Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wk 10 GDT: BROWNS (0-9) @ Ravens (4-4) TNF #COLORRUSHPURPLE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 2m2 minutes ago
Harbaugh said it looks like Alex Lewis has a high ankle sprain. Zuttah played whole game with sprained ankle.

Yeah, that's not good. He's more than likely going to miss a couple weeks. Looks like Jensen is out of the doghouse! Wonder what got him there in the first place though.
Danand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 2m2 minutes ago
Harbaugh said it looks like Alex Lewis has a high ankle sprain. Zuttah played whole game with sprained ankle.

Yeah, that's not good. He's more than likely going to miss a couple weeks. Looks like Jensen is out of the doghouse! Wonder what got him there in the first place though.

Being an aggressive ginger with curly hair might be the issue. Too much carrot top for Harbaugh.

Haven't seen the game yet as it would have interfered with my beautysleep, but nice to see we finally overcame some struggles on offense and actually put points on the board to avoid a close game yet again.

I hope our coaching staff breaks down, what works on offense, whether it is some quick passing or hurry up, because we should have some talent there - as long as our Oline holds up.

I really like some of the safeties coming out next year as well as a lot of the cornerbacks, but a guard/center would be nice - if we retain Wagner.

Congratz to Perriman with his first TD, hope he proves me wrong, but I am still skeptic.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:
To be honest Pitta should not be on the field if he is not running a passinh route. On this drive alone he whiffed on a kick out block which resulted in a 3 yard gain to west AND he let Collins run straight through the line for a sack a few plays later.

... Our veterans should not be making mental mistakes like that!

This was my biggest takeaway from the first half. I don't know if it's a metal mistake, but he can't be counted on to block anyone. He is incapable of that.

Too bad Crockett is always hurt and we never got Watson on the field. As much as we all (including me), hated the Watson signing, without him, we don't have a real complete/reliable TE out of all our depth.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Rein wrote:
To be honest Pitta should not be on the field if he is not running a passinh route. On this drive alone he whiffed on a kick out block which resulted in a 3 yard gain to west AND he let Collins run straight through the line for a sack a few plays later.

... Our veterans should not be making mental mistakes like that!

This was my biggest takeaway from the first half. I don't know if it's a metal mistake, but he can't be counted on to block anyone. He is incapable of that.

Too bad Crockett is always hurt and we never got Watson on the field. As much as we all (including me), hated the Watson signing, without him, we don't have a real complete/reliable TE out of all our depth.

Well, Williams being hurt doesn't help either. This is an amazing run of tight end injuries for the Ravens. What's even more incredible is that Pitta has been the most durable of them all. Laughing

It's nice that Waller has an opportunity to get on the field outside of special teams though.

Nick Boyle will be back from suspension after the next game. He will likely be activated ASAP for his blocking, and I think he plays on the coverage units as well.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Nick Boyle will be back from suspension after the next game. He will likely be activated ASAP for his blocking, and I think he plays on the coverage units as well.

Good point. I completely forgot about Boyle. He should have a clear spot on this team; which would have seemed surprising before the season, given all the theoretical depth.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Good point. I completely forgot about Boyle. He should have a clear spot on this team; which would have seemed surprising before the season, given all the theoretical depth.

Boyle could be huge down the stretch for us.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Eh, not likely. His blocking will be nice but I don't think it's going to change much unless the interior of the line comes together and doesn't suck as a unit. That's where everything is unraveling. The edges aren't particularly worrisome, especially with Stanley looking like he's worked off the rust from missing a few weeks.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Eh, not likely. His blocking will be nice but I don't think it's going to change much unless the interior of the line comes together and doesn't suck as a unit. That's where everything is unraveling. The edges aren't particularly worrisome, especially with Stanley looking like he's worked off the rust from missing a few weeks.

Boyle runs the stick routes quite well. This was something we knew he would be good with when drafted. Not good top speed, but his shuttle was one of the best since Pitta. He could definitely help in the third down conversion department.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Boyle runs the stick routes quite well. This was something we knew he would be good with when drafted. Not good top speed, but his shuttle was one of the best since Pitta. He could definitely help in the third down conversion department.

Sure, but is that really going to get the offense going? No. It's been beaten like a dead horse but it all comes down to the blocking. All the routes will look better when Flacco isn't either under heavy pressure or expecting to be under heavy pressure every play. The latter is particularly sad to watch. Unless Boyle mystically improves the interior of the offensive line he or any skill player isn't going to make a huge difference.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Sure, but is that really going to get the offense going? No. It's been beaten like a dead horse but it all comes down to the blocking. All the routes will look better when Flacco isn't either under heavy pressure or expecting to be under heavy pressure every play. The latter is particularly sad to watch. Unless Boyle mystically improves the interior of the offensive line he or any skill player isn't going to make a huge difference.

That's very true. My objective wasn't to suggest that Boyle somehow would magically fix our offense.

I think the biggest thing will be getting Yanda back and Stanley getting more comfortable/knocking the rust off.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
That's very true. My objective wasn't to suggest that Boyle somehow would magically fix our offense.

I think the biggest thing will be getting Yanda back and Stanley getting more comfortable/knocking the rust off.

I don't know about that. The offensive line was trash early in the season when both of those guys were healthy and playing well. There's a more fundamental issue with the line. It's just not coached well and whatever scheme they're using isn't working.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

I don't know about that. The offensive line was trash early in the season when both of those guys were healthy and playing well. There's a more fundamental issue with the line. It's just not coached well and whatever scheme they're using isn't working.

I agree, on paper it looks okay, but it was inconsistent even when healthy. But Alex seems to be improving in recent weeks. Right now Zuttah seems to be the main problem. The line is just a big question mark right now

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever it is, they got to figure it out. We are a half decent line away from being a good team. At least the penalties seem to have been cut down, these past couple games.

I really like how this receiving group is coming together. Love the speed we have with Wallace, Smith and Perriman. Hitting Wallace and Perriman in stride on the shorter throws is effectively the same as a deep throw because they burn through open field with their speed. Throwing deep downfield to Steve Smith hasn't really worked this year, but with him you just need to get him the ball. It doesn't need to be in stride with him; he cuts like a RB and will fight for the yards.

We need to play the hot RB between Dixon and West. Dixon looked like the much better back in this game and clearly offers more as a receiver. I hope they reward him with more snaps, if not the start next week. West should still be heavily involved, of course.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Cowboys, Giants, Saints, Panthers!
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Whatever it is, they got to figure it out. We are a half decent line away from being a good team. At least the penalties seem to have been cut down, these past couple games.

I really like how this receiving group is coming together. Love the speed we have with Wallace, Smith and Perriman. Hitting Wallace and Perriman in stride on the shorter throws is effectively the same as a deep throw because they burn through open field with their speed. Throwing deep downfield to Steve Smith hasn't really worked this year, but with him you just need to get him the ball. It doesn't need to be in stride with him; he cuts like a RB and will fight for the yards.

We need to play the hot RB between Dixon and West. Dixon looked like the much better back in this game and clearly offers more as a receiver. I hope they reward him with more snaps, if not the start next week. West should still be heavily involved, of course.

Re: Dixon, those couple of 15 yard passes underneath was something we haven't had in the offense in a while.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: