You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Corey Davis vs. Mike Williams

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's the better prospect?
Corey Davis
62%
 62%  [ 17 ]
Mike Williams
37%
 37%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 27

BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Corey Davis vs. Mike Williams Reply with quote

Corey Davis 6'2 205 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwieKrx3yn0

Mike Williams 6'3 220 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiY5t0GOgz0

Both of these dudes are at the top of mostly everyone's WR boards and nobody else is particularly close in terms of draft stock.

Which one do you prefer and why?
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm taking Corey Davis by a hair. Very crisp route runner, great hands, and has that leggy build that allows him to glide right past defenders on deep routes. Just seems more polished and versatile.

Mike Williams is one of the best jump ball receivers I've ever seen, but has average speed, really only plays as an outside WR, and does not run great routes. He's the better blocker.

Both are A- players after the catch. Tough decision, but I guess I'd go with Corey Davis, who I think will end up having a career like Josh Gordon, had he not decided to throw it away for some droski. So 2013 Josh Gordon is my comparison for Davis. Williams, IMO, will be similar to Dez Bryant but maybe a tick slower.
brownie man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was literally just thinking today to watch this thread.

Man its tough I really wish Davis would have played in the senior bowl

His main strength is his ability to seperate from defenders, but he's playing lower level guys.

Even if hes making them look silly trying to tackle him and they dont even belong on the same field. The thing is they don't belong. I would've loved to see him go against the top corners at the senior bowl.

Based on that I'll take Williams even if he's not great at separating he has proved he can dominate defenders.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey Davis' weight should be 215 lbs.
indigo_rex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any concerns about Davis' ability to create separation in the NFL. I can't say the same for Williams.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Corey Davis... Williams is more like Treadwell. Davis plays the game faster, and still provides a big body to make contested catches.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish Davis would have played against better DBs to see if he is actually all that. I don't doubt his talent in the least bit, but many talented players have failed in the NFL.

The only NFL caliber DBs he has ever faced were Dennard and Waynes from Michigan State way back in 2013, Desmond King in 2013 and then Eli Apple and Gareon Conley in 2015

8-96-1 Michigan State
2-11-0 Iowa
6-42-0 Ohio State

I am not saying he can or cannot play in the NFL I am simply saying it makes it an extremely tough evaluation.

Jamison on the sig
reamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough call. I'm going to say Davis, though, because of his reputation as a tireless worker off the field. Everyone in that locker room would point to Davis as their most dedicated, disciplined player. He wants to perfect his craft. As productive as he was in college (all time FBS yards leader), I think he's still got a lot of room to grow, and that he'll continue his upward trajectory. He has a drive to be great.

I like Williams, and I think he'll be a good pro, but I also think he largely gets by on superior physical tools. I'm not saying that he doesn't work hard (I'm sure he does), but I just haven't heard the same stories and glowing reports from teammates and coaches.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close but give me Mike Williams.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't love Williams. He's okay, I wouldn't be upset if we got him but he's not my first, second, or even third choice.

Davis is my top receiver in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think either guy is a #1 WR type prospect. Williams has great ball skills, size and good feet for his size but he's not especially explosive or fast. Davis is a technician and also uses his size. Hands are ok. But I don't think I'm seeing an especially quick or fast guy with him either. Both to me are more like #2's with Williams clearly on top because of better size, hands and doing it against much better competition.

2017 Pre Draft Mock *Full Draft* | talkdraft.net
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownLeader wrote:
I don't think either guy is a #1 WR type prospect. Williams has great ball skills, size and good feet for his size but he's not especially explosive or fast. Davis is a technician and also uses his size. Hands are ok. But I don't think I'm seeing an especially quick or fast guy with him either. Both to me are more like #2's with Williams clearly on top because of better size, hands and doing it against much better competition.
This. I'll take Mike Will made it for 500 Alex.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: