You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official 2017 Early Entry Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Groink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alvin Kamara will supposedly declare.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SEC Country reports that Tennessee redshirt junior RB Alvin Kamara intends to declare for the 2017 NFL Draft.
A little over a week ago, the Volunteers had both Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara in their stable of running backs. Then Hurd opted to transfer and now Hurd is reportedly going to declare for the draft come the close of the season. Tough double-blow. As for the 5-foot-10, 215-pound Kamara's stock, an AFC college scouting director said in mid-October that he "runs hard and physical, good speed, finishes off runs, good returner and an accomplished receiver."

Add him to the list, Calhoun!
lark25

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really think it's a great idea for Kamara to declare in a year where RB will be so stacked?
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Pat Mahomes stays. I'm pretty confident he is going to, but you never know especially if he gets a good/favorable draft grade back from scouts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my thought on what top juniors will declare...

It is now a surprise if they do not come out early, not a big announcement if they do, I just assume all top junior prospects every year will declare early which they usually do.
LitesOut13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzy wrote:
This is my thought on what top juniors will declare...

It is now a surprise if they do not come out early, not a big announcement if they do, I just assume all top junior prospects every year will declare early which they usually do.

Sure but obviously not every JR is a top prospect. Plenty of Day 2 and beyond players that are on the fence. Especially in a loaded RB class, im sure many will wait.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Hopefully Pat Mahomes stays. I'm pretty confident he is going to, but you never know especially if he gets a good/favorable draft grade back from scouts.

Why stay? Is playing in the Texas Tech offense another year going to better prepare him for he NFL?
It's a weak QB class. He should declare and raise his stock at the combine.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Dangerous59

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KD Cannon will declare. Not having a great season but he needs to leave the dumpster fire that is Baylor. Doubt he will graduate/transfer because he's been talking about leaving after 3 years since he was a HS senior.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a guy who judges players for leaving early or going back to school. That's none of my business or concern. But I really hope Marlon Humphrey comes out early and might get mad if he goes back. Laughing
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Educated guess says Hodges and Ford are the only two Hokies that go early. No one else worth it yet.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sources also say that Kaaya doesn't get high marks on leadership. He isn't a bad teammate, but he doesn't rally the troops or push the team in crunch time. There also has been talk that Kaaya is too concerned with the NFL, as he feels this could be a good time to come out. Supposedly, he knows that he is getting some mid-round grades but thinks he could rise into possibly the second round because of the weak quarterback class. Teams think Kaaya will probably skip his senior year and enter the draft, but if he does, he could be in for a long wait on draft day if a team doesn't reach and the league stays consistent with his mid-round grades.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill#eUEzEghFdF5pUVdl.99
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to remember, but wasn't that a Mariota knock? He wasn't RAH RAH enough? Didn't hurt his stock too bad.

(It was Mariota right?)

- mike23md

CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Trying to remember, but wasn't that a Mariota knock? He wasn't RAH RAH enough? Didn't hurt his stock too bad.

(It was Mariota right?)

Yes, it was Mariota. The thing is, it was a part of Mariota's puzzle. Luckily he had enough going for him to help make up for his quiet demenor. I don't think they're saying it's going to plummet his stock. They're just exposing part of the puzzle. If a guy doesn't have a great arm. If he can't move in the pocket. It would be a plus if he wasn't a mute on top of those other things.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billzz wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Guys, I'm not buying it. What has Peppers done that is dominant outside of special teams? Suh was absolutely dominant, Woodson was dominant, Orlando Pace was dominant,Lavarr Arrington was dominant, Dwight Freeney was dominant, hell, Honey badger was a turnover machine from his actual defensive position. You can take Peppers off that defense and they won't miss a beat, they are that good and you know it.

Tell me outside of special teams, what he does that's dominant? Is he really getting considered for versatility? seriously? or given kudos for being in position? That's not Heisman worthy guys...

I'm sorry guys, I try to be unbiased despite my fandom but I just don't buy it, bury me if you want.

i would argue that peppers has been equal to, or greater than woodson
. the rest of the comparisons are silly, i would be willing to bet everyone has him tabbed as a DB/S, ST player, opposed to a LB, he does see snaps there, but that is because they can get away with it, and its also a schematic advantage.

comparing him to DB's he's all there. i believe you are letting your MSU bias to cause you some unwarranted hatred.

MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

(It was Mariota right?)

Yes, it was Mariota. The thing is, it was a part of Mariota's puzzle. Luckily he had enough going for him to help make up for his quiet demenor. I don't think they're saying it's going to plummet his stock. They're just exposing part of the puzzle. If a guy doesn't have a great arm. If he can't move in the pocket. It would be a plus if he wasn't a mute on top of those other things.

Okay, I see your point with Kaaya obviously not being the prospect Mariota was.

- mike23md

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 3 of 40

Jump to: