Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills 4-4 at Hawks 4-2-1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
We actually do very little of the read option. We have done a good amount of wildcat runs and some speed options, particularly in the red zone but don't do a whole lot of read option.

It's not about a lot but about in crucial situations. I.E. Buffalo's very 1st snap of the game was a read option for a TD. Obviously, nobody is running an exclusive read option but the point is to look for it. Don't crash down and allow taylor to get to the edge for a TD.

Here's a 30 second video if you're around on Buffalo's read option. btw, this is just a guy bustin' on another guy. Please don't take it personally. Enjoy the you tube!

.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWgdSg8O7f0&feature=youtu.be ..

Zman724

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Not even glad we won. This team deserves to be blown out by NE next week. I hope it happens. There is no passion anymore. When you get dominated by Robert Woods then you have issues. Our corners are no where near the oppositions receiver. Doesnt matter who we play. Jeremy Lane should be on the bench. Run D was non exsistent. Buffalo just ran out of time to keep it going.

Offense is pathetic. 3 second half points? Seriously? They finally do what every fan alive says to do which is throw it to Graham in the red zone and actually look his way when driving and yet they go away from it after half time. Why? What in the living world are they thinking? Multiple plays he had 1 on 1 coverage and Russ didnt even look his way. That is on him.

Really just tired of watching these guys play. So much talk yet nothing to show for it. Outrushed 160 to 30 or something like that. I mean...what. Rawls isnt going to do anything to make it better whenever he comes back. It just doesnt make sense. No identity.

/rant

Demontre Moore is my favorite player now.

I think we're all spoiled and I was frustrated, too, but then I starting to think about the garbage to mediocre football I had to view in the 90's.

We're going to lose a game here and there that we expect to win. Our D which has carried us for 4 seasons will lay an egg. It's about to be 2 eggs because NE will beat us up.

It's all good to rant. It's part of being a fan and exhausting the frustration on a board vs our TV or wall.

I have 2 future SB wagers on the Hawks, so I'm just going to enjoy the ride. I still see a 10-5-1 and possibly a 11-4-1 and #2 seed. We have some quality games upcoming with Carolina, Zona, Philly, Pats. We can't forget the Rams.

We need to raise our game especially the OL ( I hope PC/JS were watching a few minutes of the Raiders pounding the Broncos with that Big OL for 200+ yards) We could use just half that OL. Like I said, Ifedi isn't that great but he's just a rook.

Go Hawks!
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Not even glad we won. This team deserves to be blown out by NE next week. I hope it happens. There is no passion anymore. When you get dominated by Robert Woods then you have issues. Our corners are no where near the oppositions receiver. Doesnt matter who we play. Jeremy Lane should be on the bench. Run D was non exsistent. Buffalo just ran out of time to keep it going.

Offense is pathetic. 3 second half points? Seriously? They finally do what every fan alive says to do which is throw it to Graham in the red zone and actually look his way when driving and yet they go away from it after half time. Why? What in the living world are they thinking? Multiple plays he had 1 on 1 coverage and Russ didnt even look his way. That is on him.

Really just tired of watching these guys play. So much talk yet nothing to show for it. Outrushed 160 to 30 or something like that. I mean...what. Rawls isnt going to do anything to make it better whenever he comes back. It just doesnt make sense. No identity.

/rant

While I am not happy with the game, that is the best we have played in a while. Some credit needs to be given to the Bills OC. They called a really unique game on the ground

How is Rawls not going to make it better? There's a reason Prosise is getting carries over Michael. Michael isn't good. He's just a good athlete.
dlDefinitely not the best game on defense. Our best HALF on offense.

We were in position to tackle McCoy on 80% of his runs but we missed. That rarely happens to this defense. McCoy is great and will make his plays but that many? Come on. Robert Woods had no one around him on just about every catch. You can feel good about the game.

Man when Rawls played to start the year what did he do? Negative rushing yards. There is nowhere to go. I think the O-line is determined to be better at pass pro all week that they do nothing for the run game. Better pass pro is great when we dont have Kearse in the game or call 3 yard curls for everyone. But that wont be going away.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

/rant

While I am not happy with the game, that is the best we have played in a while. Some credit needs to be given to the Bills OC. They called a really unique game on the ground

How is Rawls not going to make it better? There's a reason Prosise is getting carries over Michael. Michael isn't good. He's just a good athlete.

We were in position to tackle McCoy on 80% of his runs but we missed. That rarely happens to this defense. McCoy is great and will make his plays but that many? Come on. Robert Woods had no one around him on just about every catch. You can feel good about the game.

Man when Rawls played to start the year what did he do? Negative rushing yards. There is nowhere to go. I think the O-line is determined to be better at pass pro all week that they do nothing for the run game. Better pass pro is great when we dont have Kearse in the game or call 3 yard curls for everyone. But that wont be going away.
You're looking at what we did against the Rams. We're historically awful against them. While we still have a lot of work to do on the line, we ARE better than we were then. Not to mention that while Fant is pretty awful in pass pro he's a much better run blocker than Sowell.

I think you should look at how we contained McCoy in the 2nd half actually. We did a really nice job as a whole tackling him later on. We're beat down right now on defense. One of our best tacklers and captain is out and our most disruptive force in the run game is out too in Bennett.

Where we can definitely agree is how bad Lane has looked. Coverage as a whole needs work but Taylor also had a long time to throw on some of those plays. I don't know if we should blame Richard, Avril, or a little of both, but he NEVER should've been coming inside the tackle at LE. No one ever does that against Russ for a reason. You're giving him the edge to rollout. That's bad on the coaches at least for not correcting it and probably bad on Avril for misjudging his own ability to make a play.

You'll never hear me complain about people complaining about playcalling Laughing This was one of his better games though. We took some well executed deep shots

#1 ET Supporter
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

/rant

I think we're all spoiled and I was frustrated, too, but then I starting to think about the garbage to mediocre football I had to view in the 90's.

We're going to lose a game here and there that we expect to win. Our D which has carried us for 4 seasons will lay an egg. It's about to be 2 eggs because NE will beat us up.

It's all good to rant. It's part of being a fan and exhausting the frustration on a board vs our TV or wall.

I have 2 future SB wagers on the Hawks, so I'm just going to enjoy the ride. I still see a 10-5-1 and possibly a 11-4-1 and #2 seed. We have some quality games upcoming with Carolina, Zona, Philly, Pats. We can't forget the Rams.

We need to raise our game especially the OL ( I hope PC/JS were watching a few minutes of the Raiders pounding the Broncos with that Big OL for 200+ yards) We could use just half that OL. Like I said, Ifedi isn't that great but he's just a rook.

Go Hawks!

Don't even have to go back that far this team was hard to watch when we were rolling out Jackson and Whitehurst lol.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

/rant

You're looking at what we did against the Rams. We're historically awful against them. While we still have a lot of work to do on the line, we ARE better than we were then. Not to mention that while Fant is pretty awful in pass pro he's a much better run blocker than Sowell.

I think you should look at how we contained McCoy in the 2nd half actually. We did a really nice job as a whole tackling him later on. We're beat down right now on defense. One of our best tacklers and captain is out and our most disruptive force in the run game is out too in Bennett.

Where we can definitely agree is how bad Lane has looked. Coverage as a whole needs work but Taylor also had a long time to throw on some of those plays. I don't know if we should blame Richard, Avril, or a little of both, but he NEVER should've been coming inside the tackle at LE. No one ever does that against Russ for a reason. You're giving him the edge to rollout. That's bad on the coaches at least for not correcting it and probably bad on Avril for misjudging his own ability to make a play.

You'll never hear me complain about people complaining about playcalling Laughing This was one of his better games though. We took some well executed deep shots
Rawls played the Dolphons as well didnt he? We had one good rushing game against the worst defense in the league in SF. It has been pathetic all year. Pass pro has gotten better.

At least Fant gets in front of the pass rusher while Sowell doesn't account for them.

Agree on the containment of Taylor. Awful gameplan there.

We had a well called game on offense in the 1st half but it was trash in the 2nd. Made the wrong adjustments while the Bills made the right ones. We should have won by 2 scores.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a glass half full guy with Rawls. It was his first game back since a significant injury against another good front 7 with an OL playing together for the first time ever.

#1 ET Supporter
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you're right
brseahawks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Fant is doing is quite remarkable. Dude had his two first starts at LT in his football carreer this season and definitely outplayed a seasoned vet in Sowell, even though he has his obvious flaws. I think the Seahawks should stick with him given how tough it will be for us to add proven quality to this OL.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Saints fan here.

Congrats on the return of the real Jimmy Graham. The dude was off the hook vs. the Bills the other night, and was straight up fun to watch.

I wish we still had him, but I'm also pretty thrilled with Max Unger, so a win-win.

Cheers, 'Hawks fans. Enjoy the rest of the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: