Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Saints @ 49ers Gameday!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Mike Thomas is incredible. Dude will be at least a top 3 receiver in franchise history.
He has a very very real chance to go out on top. Obviously a TON can change there, but what he's doing on the field LOOKS more impressive than anything Colton ever did. Thomas looks like a legit superstar.
unfsaint

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm I crazy to think that Michael Thomas is already one of the ten best receivers in the game? He simply can't be covered and there isn't a single flaw to his game. Unreal.

Hau'oli Kikaha- 50 tackles, 4 sacks, 0 INT, 4 FF, 1 FR, 2 PD

Willie Snead- 69 reception, 984 yards, 3 TDs
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Spartica4Real wrote:
Mike Thomas is incredible. Dude will be at least a top 3 receiver in franchise history.
He has a very very real chance to go out on top. Obviously a TON can change there, but what he's doing on the field LOOKS more impressive than anything Colton ever did. Thomas looks like a legit superstar.

Yeah, we're thinking the same thing, I just didn't want to get too far ahead of myself too fast. Laughing He pretty much looks like a better Colston so far, and Colston is definitely our #1. So if he keeps it up he'll surpass him. I'll always have a soft spot for Colston though, was my first jersey. Laughing

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Aout

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw another great game by Brees. Who said he was too old to play the game again ?

If the D can maintain this level of play we're much better than a 4-4 team. Our O is more than legit, probably top 3 in the league.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aout wrote:
Btw another great game by Brees. Who said he was too old to play the game again ?

If the D can maintain this level of play we're much better than a 4-4 team. Our O is more than legit, probably top 3 in the league.

Our offense is definitely top 3 IMO. Atlanta and New England with us.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans (unfortunately)

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen something that I didn't think I would see... 2 weeks in a row where Payton went 50/50 on rushing:passing ratio. And guess what????!!! It works.

I am fully prepared to eat crow if they pull this season around, and I'd gladly do it.

The other thing we saw, that we haven't in years is defensive adjustments at halftime. We only allowed 3 points. I know it's against a crap team, but still, that's pretty impressive.
*Last week only 6 points (2 field goals) in the second half. (Seahawks)
*Week 7 only 6 points in the 2nd half (2 field goals). (Chiefs)

So the last 3 weeks our D has only allowed 5 second half scores, and all of those were Field Goals. Weeks 7 & 8 were against pretty good team. Maybe Allen is moving us in the right direction. Just maybe.

Here's to .500!!!
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Fray32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
I've seen something that I didn't think I would see... 2 weeks in a row where Payton went 50/50 on rushing:passing ratio. And guess what????!!! It works.

I am fully prepared to eat crow if they pull this season around, and I'd gladly do it.

The other thing we saw, that we haven't in years is defensive adjustments at halftime. We only allowed 3 points. I know it's against a crap team, but still, that's pretty impressive.

So the last 3 weeks our D has only allowed 5 second half scores, and all of those were Field Goals. Weeks 7 & 8 were against pretty good team. Maybe Allen is moving us in the right direction. Just maybe.

Here's to .500!!!
I'd love to see a more balanced attack on offense, but I wouldn't count on it. Hopefully the O continues being balanced definitely not going to want to get one dimensional against Denver next week.

The big plays from Sunday were bad, they need to consistently limit those because they're generally playing okay on a per snap basis. Defense was also saved from a sure second half touchdown because of a Mike Davis fumble. Surprisingly, i think we're near the top of the league in fumble recoveries, somehow.
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:

Here's to .500!!!
I'd love to see a more balanced attack on offense, but I wouldn't count on it. Hopefully the O continues being balanced definitely not going to want to get one dimensional against Denver next week.

The big plays from Sunday were bad, they need to consistently limit those because they're generally playing okay on a per snap basis. Defense was also saved from a sure second half touchdown because of a Mike Davis fumble. Surprisingly, i think we're near the top of the league in fumble recoveries, somehow.

They posted a stat just before half.....Niners all season had 16 plays of 20+ yards. At half, they had 6 against the Saints. I think they ended the game with 9 plays of 20+ yards. They made Kaepernick look like a freaking all world all star.......18 passes for almost 400 yards? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if we're toting the biggest lucky rabbits foot this side of the hemisphere, I'll take EVERYTHING we can get at this point. We're so far overdue it's not even funny.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The season starts this week. In the past we've clawed our way back to .500 just to go on a losing streak and end up 7-9/8-8. This week's game is a must win at home, IMO.

mike23md on the sig
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
The season starts this week. In the past we've clawed our way back to .500 just to go on a losing streak and end up 7-9/8-8. This week's game is a must win at home, IMO.

I'm not gonna call this week a must win... if we can get out of the next two weeks 1-1 that would be great and I'd rather have a win over the Panthers than the Broncos.

After the next 2 weeks the Saints schedule eases up and that's where the "must wins" come in. This team will have to go on a winning streak and beat the teams they should beat and have no let downs.

Personally I think this season and a playoff spot will come down to that last game against Atlanta. I believe the Saints go into that game 9-6 with a playoff spot in the line but regardless win or lose that game the arrow will be pointing up for this young team for 2017.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Fray32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny getting suspended pretty soon apparently, for 4 games. smdh.
saintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do they even test for adderall?

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 69 catches 831 yards 7 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 4 PD
SWATcha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:

They don't test specifically for adderall. They take the blood/urine/hair sample and look for certain chemical compounds that aren't supposed to be there (drugs). If they find an offending compound, they trace it to whatever drug it is associated with, in this case, adderall.

Adderall is considered an amphetamine and is made up of 4 major compounds. Which of those compounds specifically is banned, or if all of them are, or if certain amphetamines are, I couldn't tell you. Chemistry and stuff Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
saintsfan wrote:

They don't test specifically for adderall. They take the blood/urine/hair sample and look for certain chemical compounds that aren't supposed to be there (drugs). If they find an offending compound, they trace it to whatever drug it is associated with, in this case, adderall.

Adderall is considered an amphetamine and is made up of 4 major compounds. Which of those compounds specifically is banned, or if all of them are, or if certain amphetamines are, I couldn't tell you. Chemistry and stuff Wink
Well now, aren't you smart! You went above my head when you used "urine" instead of "pee". Wink
R.I.P. Will Smith #91

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: