Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rankins in, Laurinaitis to IR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Rankins in, Laurinaitis to IR Reply with quote

With James out for the season and Ellerbe out for the foreseeable future, Anthony should get a lot of playing time regardless of scheme fit.

I could see KV being used in the box more frequently too, we're pretty thin at LB.

Jordan, Fairley and Rankins make for three big nasties in the middle of our defense though, love that.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Rankins in, Laurinaitis to IR Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
With James out for the season and Ellerbe out for the foreseeable future, Anthony should get a lot of playing time regardless of scheme fit.

I could see KV being used in the box more frequently too, we're pretty thin at LB.

Jordan, Fairley and Rankins make for three big nasties in the middle of our defense though, love that.

Laurinaitis and Ellerbe both need to be cut this offseason. Laurinaitis simply does not have it anymore while Ellerbe is a good player when healthy but he's NEVER healthy and he's over 30 so I doubt that will change. Hopefully Anthony can step up over the rest of this season and show this staff that he's got what it takes to be the SAM of the future. Robertson and Stupar are young cheap quality players with versatility but depth will need to be addressed.

Also, don't forget about Davision and Onymatta... both them guys have played really well in limited snaps!!!

WHODAT91FOREVER
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ony will just get better as time goes by... well, provided he gets the playing time.

I remember reading the criticism of Robertson and Stupar. Could it be the people are eating their words now?

Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Ony will just get better as time goes by... well, provided he gets the playing time.

I remember reading the criticism of Robertson and Stupar. Could it be the people are eating their words now?

Robertson and Stupar have played ok but there not exactly lighting the world on fire and I was one of their supporters and still am. Robertson is a very good coverage Mike but he gets it handed to him when teams run right at him. Stupar is a classic overachiever but there are actually more plays where he's getting beat than when he's making a big play.

Still they have played much better than the alternatives.

Robertson needs to be at the WILL and Stupar needs to be a backup and the Saints need to find a MIKE if Anthony isn't it.

This is why Anthony is considered a bust as long as he's at SAM... if so the Saints spent a 1st round pick on a player that will see the field less than some rotational defensive lineman. I'm sorry that's unacceptable regardless if Anthony is eventually a good SAM it's extremely poor value for the pick.

However something tells me that Anthony will be back at the MIKE this upcoming offseason... just a hunch.

WHODAT91FOREVER
saintsfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just waived Laurinaitis!

Adopt A Saint 2016
WR Michael Thomas 69 catches 831 yards 7 TDs
SS Kenny Vaccaro 68 tackles 1 sack 2 FF 1 FR 2 INT 4 PD
yrba1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
We just waived Laurinaitis!

Shame, looks like he really was at the downside of his career and we got the best of him during his time with the Rams. Hope he looks into a coaching career, his ability to audible on defense and read offenses is phenomenal.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: