You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 68: TT didn't want to pay for the Wahle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deer also have a gestation period of like 3 days. So they just pop those suckers out all the time. There are literally billions of deer roaming the midwest. They are very aggressive and are known to eat small to medium sized dogs, and try to mate with children. Pro-deer propaganda as early as the 1700s had people kill bears, wild cats, wolves, beaver and buffalo, the deer's only natural predators, to ensure a massive upswing in their population. Americans don't even eat deer, as they are poisonous, but we kill them and leave their corpses around our areas to let the deer know that they are not wanted in this area, and we are on to their games. It is everyone's duty to kill as many deer as possible, lest we live in fear of an antlered apex predator.

As for a hunter orange or camo alternate, plant me in the 100% will not support this idea camp. I think part of the hunter orange gear at Packers games is that it is really cold for some of those games, and that is the warmest attire that the wearers own.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Deer also have a gestation period of like 3 days. So they just pop those suckers out all the time. There are literally billions of deer roaming the midwest. They are very aggressive and are known to eat small to medium sized dogs, and try to mate with children. Pro-deer propaganda as early as the 1700s had people kill bears, wild cats, wolves, beaver and buffalo, the deer's only natural predators, to ensure a massive upswing in their population. Americans don't even eat deer, as they are poisonous, but we kill them and leave their corpses around our areas to let the deer know that they are not wanted in this area, and we are on to their games. It is everyone's duty to kill as many deer as possible, lest we live in fear of an antlered apex predator.

As for a hunter orange or camo alternate, plant me in the 100% will not support this idea camp. I think part of the hunter orange gear at Packers games is that it is really cold for some of those games, and that is the warmest attire that the wearers own.

That and it also has to be somewhat culturally motivated. I love seeing orange. That's the fun time of year Laughing

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
There was a question on Ask Vic about the potential for having a blaze orange throwback jersey.

It got me thinking about the popularity of hunting in Wisconsin. As a guy from the UK I know absolutely nothing about hunting. The only popular organised hunting past-time we do in this country is pheasant shooting and I have never done it, its more of an activity for the upper class and country folk. Fox hunting has since been outlawed.

According to the Blade Orange book there are approximately 600,000 hunters each year (i'm assuming in Wisconsin). I just wondered, is there honestly enough deer in the region for such a vast number of hunters? From my perspective it just seems so insane that this many people go out to hunt deer. How do you guys ensure that the deer population remains big enough for hunting season to be viable each year when so many of you are going around killing deer in vast numbers.

Good question.

Biologists believe that more deer live in Wisconsin now than likely lived in the state before white people arrived. Farmland is excellent habitat for deer. Predators were mostly exterminated by us white guyz.

Deer populations continue to find new food sources and evolve new behavior patterns. Now there are tons of deer living in the heart of city/suburbs all across the state. When I was a kid, deer that wandered into the city would panic and jump through plate glass windows. Now they stare at me pensively while I pound on the window to get them to stop chewing my cedar hedge.

Odd to think about it, but more deer are killed by cars than hunters in a number of counties. The DNR faces huge challenges in managing deer populations around the state, but that pretty much involves deer not being where they want them and then being too numerous where they don't want them. The state pays a lot of money to farmers for deer damage in those areas where the deer are plentiful and are really good at laying low during the gun season.

Last edited by blueswedeshoes on Thu May 18, 2017 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
There was a question on Ask Vic about the potential for having a blaze orange throwback jersey.

It got me thinking about the popularity of hunting in Wisconsin. As a guy from the UK I know absolutely nothing about hunting. The only popular organised hunting past-time we do in this country is pheasant shooting and I have never done it, its more of an activity for the upper class and country folk. Fox hunting has since been outlawed.

According to the Blade Orange book there are approximately 600,000 hunters each year (i'm assuming in Wisconsin). I just wondered, is there honestly enough deer in the region for such a vast number of hunters? From my perspective it just seems so insane that this many people go out to hunt deer. How do you guys ensure that the deer population remains big enough for hunting season to be viable each year when so many of you are going around killing deer in vast numbers.

We have way more of a problem keeping the deer population down than we do keeping it up.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:

No dishonesty, no "logic jumps" (whatever those are?), and no inconsistency in my point.

The secondary point that we're "worse than other teams" isn't something I said or even tried to contest. I think our reputation as stone cold supporters is overblown when late season games are routinely filled with opposing fans. I also acknowledged the commodification of our tickets and how that brings in opposing fans looking for the Lambeau experience. I acknowledged that I probably shouldn't let a few games dissuade my other, more positive experiences. I emphasized that season ticket holders are the backbone of homefield advantage (often).

Incog, it's your choice to parse words and try to detract my very simple, repeated, clearly stated point that everyone else has grasped. Just because we're working from different premises/experiences doesn't mean I'm making "logic jumps" or that my argument is "inconsistent" by your highly touted and widely respected standards of intellectual vigor. I'm deeply sorry that I haven't met the incredibly high bar you've set in your 30,000+ well-reasoned posts.

There's nuance to what I'm saying but you're ignoring it to defend, to the death, the reputation of season ticket holders.

I'll eagerly await your next air tight retort Laughing

I don't even know what most of this is Laughing I'd need a thesaurus to unpack it all.

What I do know is that the home crowd is generally not an issue late in the season, and that the number of NYG fans in attendance at the last playoff game has absolutely zero to do with season-ticket holders selling their tickets to opposing fans.

More to the larger point, the 'issue' of season-ticket holders selling to opposing fans is not a real issue either. I haven't seen anything in person or elsewhere to suggest it is.

That a few fans may sell all of their tickets has no impact on anything bit picture.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to the deer discussion, as someone who ran a top 3 deer registration station statewide and was one of ten trained by the WI DNR to do a variety of rare-case tests, we have way too many deer in urban areas.

Adding to the ticket selling discussion, anyone who is buying tickets with only the intention of selling them for profit is a total moron. The PSLs make it impossible to turn a profit for the year.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:

Adding to the ticket selling discussion, anyone who is buying tickets with only the intention of selling them for profit is a total moron. The PSLs make it impossible to turn a profit for the year.

yeah nobody sits on a season ticket waiting list for 25 years, forks over $2k a seat and then gleefully begins to 'profit' a few hundred bucks a year. People just don't do that.

I'm sure there are some folks who moved, or got old and can't attend games anymore but have hopes of passing the tickets to a child or grandchild at some point and don't want to give up on 30 years of waiting they put in.

-------------------------

Were you in Waupaca Cty? That's where I hunt, usually among the top harvest counties in the state.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So losing Cornell sucks.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Too bad you missed the era of National Lampoon. You've got the right mix of gifted and twisted.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
When I was a kid, deer that wandered into the city would panic and jump through plate glass windows. Now they stare at me pensively while I pound on the window to get them to stop chewing my cedar hedge.

Laughing

DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

That and it also has to be somewhat culturally motivated. I love seeing orange. That's the fun time of year Laughing

Orange is a Chicago Bears color. No me gusta.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Orange is a Chicago Bears color. No me gusta.

bears literally haven't been relevant in my lifetime, 2006 included. as a result, I associate orange with our fan base more than I do Chicago Laughing

ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait these alternate jerseys aren't happening right?

edit- I actually looked back a page. Laughing

I was worried for a second

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Adding to the deer discussion, as someone who ran a top 3 deer registration station statewide and was one of ten trained by the WI DNR to do a variety of rare-case tests, we have way too many deer in urban areas.

What percentage of the registered kills came from non-resident hunters ?
Is the State of WI selling deer tags to "opposing" fans, errr hunters to make more cash ? Cool
CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

What percentage of the registered kills came from non-resident hunters ?
Is the State of WI selling deer tags to "opposing" fans, errr hunters to make more cash ? Cool

It'd be the hunters selling their WI tags to FIBS. Duh.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 41 of 56

Jump to: