Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 68: TT didn't want to pay for the Wahle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11744
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
TBH, it is just me, JBURGE, jfin, Justis, and whomever we can talk into going to the games at the bar the previous night with our extra tickets, dressing up as opposing fans just to screw with Central. Cool

you coming to the SEA game w/ me & burge?


I'll buy the tix as soon as we figure out where Central is sitting.
I want seats exactly opposite of central so I can stare at him in a bear suit the whole game


Laughing Laughing

for the record, I love our crowds and the festive atmospheres. never had a negative experience other than being told to sit down while on defense, in the third quarter, on a third down, in a division-deciding game. that rubbed me the wrong way, and I don't drink at games or scream profanities, so it wasn't justified Laughing

shouldn't let that one get-off-my-lawn experience taint the other dozen plus games I've enjoyed every minute of Laughing
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 18426
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
TBH, it is just me, JBURGE, jfin, Justis, and whomever we can talk into going to the games at the bar the previous night with our extra tickets, dressing up as opposing fans just to screw with Central. Cool

you coming to the SEA game w/ me & burge?


I'll buy the tix as soon as we figure out where Central is sitting.
I want seats exactly opposite of central the home Bears game so I can stare at him in this the whole game


Laughing Laughing

for the record, I love our crowds and the festive atmospheres. never had a negative experience other than being told to sit down while on defense, in the third quarter, on a third down, in a division-deciding game. that rubbed me the wrong way, and I don't drink at games or scream profanities, so it wasn't justified Laughing

shouldn't let that one get-off-my-lawn experience taint the other dozen plus games I've enjoyed every minute of Laughing
I edited my post so I fixed yours accordingly.
_________________

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 19270
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Or, I dunno, the season ticket holders could go to the playoff games and not forgo the option Laughing

There had to have been at least 7,000 Giants fans at the Wild Card game, and about the same amount for Dallas, maybe more.

Whether it's 10 percent or 7.9 percent or 8.1 percent detracts from my specific and only point that our late season home field advantage has suffered in proportion to the extent Packers tickets have commodified in recent decades. Our season ticket holders are at the forefront of that issue. They have the ability to sell to Packers fans only, to buy up the playoff tickets, to actually attend games.

We'll never get numbers to prove it like Denver did because it'd wreck the FO's unique relationship with our fans. But the issue isn't overblown. The cumulative effect of several thousand ticket holders giving up 1-4 tickets is significant.

Hell, I'm 99.9% sure Joe Buck/Troy Aikman led one of GB's 2016 home, primetime games with "Welcome to Lambeau Field, where it's about 15% percent [insert opposing team]'s fans..."


Playoff tickets are tricky. You go into a lottery and the deadline to enter the lottery this year was the day after the Washington loss. At 4-6 losers of 4 in a row, how many fans do you think filled out the paperwork for that? I did, but I was probably one of a few. The other downside is if they make it they pull the money (and it's usually a lot depending on how good the seats you got and how many usually 1-2k) like the week after Christmas. A lot of people can't swing that on top of the money spent on their regular season tickets and the holidays. Those seats hit the secondary market where they are accessible for the whole world.

I mean you heard "Go Pack Go" chants at the end of the Philly, ATL and CHI playoff games during the SB run. You aren't wrong that some fans suck and use their tickets as an extra source of cash, but you're making it sound like GB is worse than other teams where I would bet with great confidence that isn't true. This is a normal occurrence for probably 5% of all teams ticket holders.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shanedorf


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 1509
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to the 2014 home opener vs the J-E-T-S
Packers were down 21-3 and jetsfan were getting kinda mouthy
So during a quiet moment in the game ( likley a commercial break) I stood up and loudly yelled:

" Hey Jetsfan, kiss my [inappropriate/removed] ! "

I think that probably helped jump start the comeback, Packers won 31-24

I do what I can to keep opposing fans in check... Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 40962
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont follow the logic jump from:

"Season ticket holders suck because they sell tickets at a profit"

To

"Season ticket holders suck because they didnt buy all the tickets so other fans now can buy them at face value rather than marked up prices"

So confused.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11744
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

So confused.


It's fine, you usually are
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 40962
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean i understand the point is you want to whine, i am just pointing out you will readily change your stance so you can keep whining, ignoring the contradiction of logic.

That dishonesty is what confuses me. It seems weird and unnecessary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 40962
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean you complain about too many opposing fans buying up tickets from the despicable season ticket holders who sell them and use a game in which that obviously did not happen as evidence and then double down on it.

Your argument lacks rigor and you know it Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 19270
Location: Oconomowoc, WI
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I dont follow the logic jump from:

"Season ticket holders suck because they sell tickets at a profit"

To

"Season ticket holders suck because they didnt buy all the tickets so other fans now can buy them at face value rather than marked up prices"

So confused.


His point has always been that season ticket holders who don't attend games and put their tickets on secondary markets for profits suck. His problem has been the exaggeration when it comes to GB as a specific example, like we're a worse offender than most other teams in the league.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 15983
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
I dont follow the logic jump from:

"Season ticket holders suck because they sell tickets at a profit"

To

"Season ticket holders suck because they didnt buy all the tickets so other fans now can buy them at face value rather than marked up prices"

So confused.


His point has always been that season ticket holders who don't attend games and put their tickets on secondary markets for profits suck. His problem has been the exaggeration when it comes to GB as a specific example, like we're a worse offender than most other teams in the league.


I watch the games on TV. About 1/3 of them are local TV for me, and unless we are getting the crap kicked out of us, like the Dallas game, it seems pretty pro Packers at home. Lambeau is a destination, and many fans that want to hit a road game do try to go to Green Bay. Take that vs the game I went to against the Rams a few years ago. Probably 1/3 of the crowd was Packers fans, and we were loud.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11744
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
I dont follow the logic jump from:

"Season ticket holders suck because they sell tickets at a profit"

To

"Season ticket holders suck because they didnt buy all the tickets so other fans now can buy them at face value rather than marked up prices"

So confused.


His point has always been that season ticket holders who don't attend games and put their tickets on secondary markets for profits suck. His problem has been the exaggeration when it comes to GB as a specific example, like we're a worse offender than most other teams in the league.


No dishonesty, no "logic jumps" (whatever those are?), and no inconsistency in my point.

The secondary point that we're "worse than other teams" isn't something I said or even tried to contest. I think our reputation as stone cold supporters is overblown when late season games are routinely filled with opposing fans. I also acknowledged the commodification of our tickets and how that brings in opposing fans looking for the Lambeau experience. I acknowledged that I probably shouldn't let a few games dissuade my other, more positive experiences. I emphasized that season ticket holders are the backbone of homefield advantage (often).

Incog, it's your choice to parse words and try to detract my very simple, repeated, clearly stated point that everyone else has grasped. Just because we're working from different premises/experiences doesn't mean I'm making "logic jumps" or that my argument is "inconsistent" by your highly touted and widely respected standards of intellectual vigor. I'm deeply sorry that I haven't met the incredibly high bar you've set in your 30,000+ well-reasoned posts.

There's nuance to what I'm saying but you're ignoring it to defend, to the death, the reputation of season ticket holders.

I'll eagerly await your next air tight retort Laughing
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 3939
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip side of the coin....

Packer fans travel as much if not more than any other fan base. If other teams fans aren't selling their tickets that's not nearly as possible.
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11744
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
Flip side of the coin....

Packer fans travel as much if not more than any other fan base. If other teams fans aren't selling their tickets that's not nearly as possible.


This is true.
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chili


Joined: 13 May 2014
Posts: 619
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a question on Ask Vic about the potential for having a blaze orange throwback jersey.

It got me thinking about the popularity of hunting in Wisconsin. As a guy from the UK I know absolutely nothing about hunting. The only popular organised hunting past-time we do in this country is pheasant shooting and I have never done it, its more of an activity for the upper class and country folk. Fox hunting has since been outlawed.

According to the Blade Orange book there are approximately 600,000 hunters each year (i'm assuming in Wisconsin). I just wondered, is there honestly enough deer in the region for such a vast number of hunters? From my perspective it just seems so insane that this many people go out to hunt deer. How do you guys ensure that the deer population remains big enough for hunting season to be viable each year when so many of you are going around killing deer in vast numbers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 11744
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
There was a question on Ask Vic about the potential for having a blaze orange throwback jersey.

It got me thinking about the popularity of hunting in Wisconsin. As a guy from the UK I know absolutely nothing about hunting. The only popular organised hunting past-time we do in this country is pheasant shooting and I have never done it, its more of an activity for the upper class and country folk. Fox hunting has since been outlawed.

According to the Blade Orange book there are approximately 600,000 hunters each year (i'm assuming in Wisconsin). I just wondered, is there honestly enough deer in the region for such a vast number of hunters? From my perspective it just seems so insane that this many people go out to hunt deer. How do you guys ensure that the deer population remains big enough for hunting season to be viable each year when so many of you are going around killing deer in vast numbers.


Hunting season is a finite window of time.

Not everyone bags a buck.

The DNR.
_________________
packerjmf wrote:
GWH87 wrote:
Somebody take the off season shovel out of Ted's hands & bury him in his own hole.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 40 of 49

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group